Greetings from Austin (1 Viewer)

Hello and Welcome to the rabbit hole (you will understand this statement as you spend time here).
This is a fair warning; you will start with a micro\small stakes and probably have multiple sets ending with multi table tournament set (even if you do play tournaments). :D

First you should figure out what is your budget and try to stick to it even thou you will ignore it later on.
Second buying samples is your compass in this quest. This way you get to figure out if you like the look feel weight etc. There is a post here that has ceramic chip samples floating around. You can add your name to the list and follow the rules.
You may determine ceramics is not your thing and you want clay chips. This forum is full of great people and advice. Use the search function to find discussions of what your thinking etc.
Plus the forums talks about many things, whiskey, beer, crypto, building poker tables, home games, and many more. so take your time enjoy this pleather of information and friends.
Once you learn the secret hand shake and join the secret society, then you will be allowed to the private side of forum where the really good stuff happens. Just kidding; there is no secret side or is there......:unsure:

Anyhow welcome aboard and have fun

Welcome! Similar to the rule measure twice cut once. Think about what you want twice and then buy once. I messed up in the beginning and bought everything I could then had to sell and buy again.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and the advice!

I'm leaning towards semi-custom ceramics because I want to model my colors after the Aurora Star cash set. I'm looking at a few sample sets from BR Pro and Apache to get a feel for ceramics vs. clays.

Right now I'm thinking:

100 x 5¢ (pink)
200 x 25¢ (tan/white)
200 x $1 (blue)
200 x $5 (red)
25 x $20 (yellow, 43mm)

That would give me a bank of $1,755 - enough to cover 25¢/50¢ blinds with a $50 buy-in and a $100 max reload. And enough nickels to play 5¢/10¢ with a $20 buy-in and a $40 max reload.

What are your thoughts? Are there any blind spots I'm not thinking about?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom