Greetings from a lurker! (1 Viewer)

Freudeus

Pair
Reaction score
Hi everyone, nice to meet you :)

I've been lurking the forums for a while, and decided to join 'for real' instead.
I'm by no means a collector, in my home games I've used ceramics from chipco for ages. I think though, for when this pandemic is over, my poker friends and I deserve an upgrade. So I'm here to learn!

And boy do I feel stupid for not buying Paulson back in the day when they were affordable... I've just ordered a bunch of samples from all over the place, hoping that something will be close enough. Otherwise I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet :D

Is there anything I should consider with these samples that I might overlook?

Hello and welcome!

There are actual Paulsons, as well as other high quality chips, available to evaluate for free. Just sign up in the thread near the top of Poker Chip General section.

Hi Eriks, cool to see that there are a few of us here!
I'm in the Uppsala region, and yourself?

You wouldn't happen to know of any decent chip distributors in the EU region, would you? I'm somewhat concerned with getting killed with shipping and taxes :D

Haha, that's what I'm afraid of... I have this nightmare that I'll end up loving several of them, won't be able to decide... And then I'll just end up getting a bunch of them. I'm normally just that stupid about these things :D

Thanks!

Oh, I'll have to check that out, great tip :)

Whoops, I'm sorry to have given you some wrong information. The sample sets I was talking about are only available for mail to US and Canadian addresses.

Perhaps there are some local chip enthusiasts who can help you out with some physical samples by mail or in person?

Welcome aboard. Glad you finally decided to take the dive into the PCF pool! Acquire as many samples as you can. In due time, you’ll soon discover what you like the most in order to purchase them in quantity to build a set.

Any questions regarding anything, there’s a ton of resources, create a thread to ask, or just shoot out a direct message to users and I’m pretty sure any of us would be happy to assist.

@Freudeus, on your chipping journey you will learn to embrace the "CONUS only"!

Pm me :)
@Freudeus And me, I’m happy to help out with some samples if you’re interested. I’m in Dalarna btw, in a small place outside of Vansbro, home of Gunde Svan. We used to live in Stockholm but we didn’t want to spend a fortune buying a house when we grew out of the apartment. Can’t really beat a free house (my wive’s grand parents’ house). Leaves a chunk of change to buy chips for too :D

Welcome to posting!
I would sample anything you can get your hands on. Look for certain feel, weight, sound, texture, color, or anything else you can notice that may sway you one direction or another, with any sample you have.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom