Greeting from California! (1 Viewer)

Hello and welcome to PCF! Plenty of awesome information here for someone new to it all!

“Oh, we dunked our little tootsies in the water, and we jumped into the waves, we did ah hah” - The Three Stooges

welcome aboard

Welcome! Did you play cash or tourney? Do you have a preference? What stakes are you starting at?

Do yourself a favor and don't get lost in all the chips. PCF, if you dig deep and ask questions, can easily be your "one stop shop" for information on how to properly run any home game.

Welcome! Important question- northern, central, or southern CA?

Welcome! Did you play cash or tourney? Do you have a preference? What stakes are you starting at?
Not too sure what those are, will have to dwell a bit deeper and learn about it. What we did was give each player a stack of 20 chips (my friend had a cheap set of 100 unmarked chips) and kinda just learned as we played.

We probably will keep it to unmarked chips since we're playing super casually.
Welcome! Important question- northern, central, or southern CA?

Located in SoCal :)

Not too sure what those are, will have to dwell a bit deeper and learn about it. What we did was give each player a stack of 20 chips (my friend had a cheap set of 100 unmarked chips) and kinda just learned as we played.

We probably will keep it to unmarked chips since we're playing super casually.

Located in SoCal :)
Cash is playing for what your buy in is, for example 100 dollars gets you $100 in chips.
Tournament is playing a set amount of chips for a set buy in, for example $50 gets you $20k in chips and you play until 1 or 2 players are left to take the final amount of everyone's money

What we did was give each player a stack of 20 chips (my friend had a cheap set of 100 unmarked chips) and kinda just learned as we played.
You have it better than you know...
All you need is one rack of Paulsons to feel like a chip king.
Some people need bank vaults of these things to sleep at night.
Welcome to the poker chip forum.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom