Green $1 & Red $5 or Red $1 & Green $5? (1 Viewer)

Darson

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm toying with the idea of a relabel RHC set. I've been fortunate to score a couple of racks each of leaded RHC Derby Gran 25s and Argosy 5s. Now I'm debating how the line-up should be.

IMG_0958.JPG

At the moment, I'm thinking of Isle 1s as fracs, the Derby Gran as $1 and the Argosy as $5. I'll probably do a black $20 - I tried to score some HSI primary hundos for this but failed. I could also use the white chip as a $20 and find some blacks for fracs.

The final set will be something like:
100x 25c
200x $1
200x $5
80x $20 (or 100x and no hundos)
20x $100

Anyway, what do you think? Since I have two racks each of greens and reds, my options are Green $1 and Red $5 or Red $1 and Green $5s...

IMG_0959.JPG

I'm all for non traditional colors. I think a green one or five would totally fuck with my head. I also don't like the spot progression from the one to five for either choice.

Now, since you didn't ask any of that lol. With a gun to my head I think I would go with a green one

I like the Isle as a frac, sure; but a green $1 ... weird :) ... it could work though. Definitely red $5. The only other acceptable color for a $5 is yellow.

I think if the frac is white, you could make the red a $1 and the green a $25, it's the entire traditional color scheme downshifted. It could be tilting, but let's face it, we all played with dice chips before, we can adapt.

Again. For something that you didn't ask for (I hope that this doesn't affect my hot sauce distribution), but I think there is too much yellow across the board. Unless of course that is something that is part of your theme.

I'm all for non traditional colors. I think a green one or five would totally fuck with my head. I also don't like the spot progression from the one to five for either choice.
For maximum tilt, I think the red $1 and green $5 is perfect. I also prefer the spot progression.

Again. For something that you didn't ask for (I hope that this doesn't affect my hot sauce distribution), but I think there is too much yellow across the board. Unless of course that is something that is part of your theme.
I'm a big fan of yellow so it was intentional. I would love to have made a set with yellow chips but they're just not affordable for what is essentially an experiment.

For maximum tilt, I think the red $1 and green $5 is perfect

Absolutely lol How will your players react? Are your other sets non traditional colors as well? When I used my Carnevale set that has a red frac and a black one a few of the non chippers commented how it was a little confusing. They adjusted without much issue. Possibly something to think about?

Absolutely lol How will your players react? Are your other sets non traditional colors as well? When I used my Carnevale set that has a red frac and a black one a few of the non chippers commented how it was a little confusing. They adjusted without much issue. Possibly something to think about?
My players are mostly casual. They barely notice the different set in play every game. And the ones that would notice are the ones I want to tilt!

Going with traditional colors, I think a spot progression of solid/3916/3d14/4916/4d14 or 214(2d14)/3916/3d14/4916/4d14 would look great

Add a solid frac and run with this lineup $1, $5, $25...?

It would tilt the shit out of me playing with a red or green $1 or $5, they're too traditional of colors. If you had a green $1 with a yellow $5 it would work.
1601397989514.png

I'm sitting on my office. Trying to prepare a de escalation presentation. All I can think about is this thread lol.

I need some type of reasoning with a color/edge spot progression. It has to be this imo. 1 yellow spot, two yellow spots, three yellow spots. Lock this shit up!

IMG_0958.JPG

On a tangent, is there a glossary of all of the edge spot patterns? What the hell does "3D14" even mean?

@Darson thanks! Still, what the hell does 4TA316 even mean?
I'm no expert but this is what I have gathered:
- The first digit is the number of edge spots.
- The last two digits are the size of the edge spot colours (12 = 1/2" etc)
- If there is no letter then it's a single colour spot
- D means double colour edgepot and T means triple.
- S means the spots are separated

I don't know the significance of the A...

So for your example 4TA316 that's 4 spot locations, three colours each 1/6" wide.

Now, since you didn't ask any of that lol. With a gun to my head I think I would go with a green one
I’d be on tilt as soon as I saw the green 1 and red 5. But that’s just me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom