Greek triangle brpro chips (1 Viewer)

Piccolo

Pair
Reaction score
Got some semi customs coming from brpro and I am curious about another set.

Does anyone have any of their “Greek triangle clay” chips?

If so, what are they like? How do they feel compared to China clays? It sounds like that’s sort of what they are. Kind of a clay feeling plastic hybrid of sorts.

The "Greek triangle clay composite" chips sold by BRProPoker are a relabeled version of the Claysmith "Gear Wheel" mold chips, also sold with different labels as The Mint and Rock and Roll. They're metal-slugged injection-molded plastic. They're not clay and they don't feel like clay. Accordingly, most PCF members don't hold them in high regard. But they're nicer than many other low-end generic metal-slugged injection-molded plastic chips, and would make a fine budget chip if you like the way they feel.

I personally don't like them because they have a rough feel around the edges due to the flash from the injection mold; most injection-molded chips aren't that rough, even ones that are cheaper and otherwise lower-quality than the Claysmiths. Many people have reported good results with using sandpaper or a scouring pad to smooth out the edges.

Here's a thread with a lot of info and opinions, and some alternate choices: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/got-some-samples-in-today.69847/

The "Greek triangle clay composite" chips sold by BRProPoker are a relabeled version of the Claysmith "Gear Wheel" mold chips, also sold with different labels as The Mint and Rock and Roll. They're metal-slugged injection-molded plastic. They're not clay and they don't feel like clay. Accordingly, most PCF members don't hold them in high regard. But they're nicer than many other low-end generic metal-slugged injection-molded plastic chips, and would make a fine budget chip if you like the way they feel.

I personally don't like them because they have a rough feel around the edges due to the flash from the injection mold; most injection-molded chips aren't that rough, even ones that are cheaper and otherwise lower-quality than the Claysmiths. Many people have reported good results with using sandpaper or a scouring pad to smooth out the edges.

Here's a thread with a lot of info and opinions, and some alternate choices: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/got-some-samples-in-today.69847/
That doesn’t sound good at all! Wasn’t that interested, just curious about em. Thanks for the info.

I did like the color options that the Greek Triangle offered. However, my sample set also has the rough edges and the biggest reason why I will look in another direction for chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom