Great Poker Chip Case (1 Viewer)

xblode

High Hand
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

New to the site and having just received a new poker chip case, I thought I’d share.

The usual story. First chip set purchased on eBay along with the standard silver case with the exploding handle. Eventually moved to a custom ceramic set and one of those nice glossy mahogany cases. Really good case but not something I like to move around with.

I play regular games with two groups of friends and I’m the only one into poker gear so I end up carting everything around. A few weeks ago, while walking from my car, across a major road in the rain, to get to my friend’s place, I nearly dropped the mahogany case. If I did, goodbye chips! Imagine trying to pick up 500 chips at 6pm on a Saturday night in the middle of an intersection! I couldn’t wait for the new case to arrive. It’s called “The Viper” and I purchased it from jackspoker.com.au

It’s a 1000 chip case that is essentially, a high quality laptop style case. It zips open to reveal a removable tray that has cutouts for a dealer button and two decks of cards. 25 chips fit snuggly in each moulded thingy (technical term).

The only thing that stops it from being perfect is that I love my Copag and KEM cards but obviously can’t fit the plastic double deck container they come in. I put the cards directly into the cutouts and even with the case closed, they will move around, so the first 10 or so cards from each deck will mix and shift around in there. I ended up using the paper cases from some Bicycle cards I had. Problem solved!

IMG_1615.JPG
IMG_1618.JPG
IMG_1619.JPG

Wow, beautiful. I'd really prefer a soft case like this over an ABS or aluminum for carting chips around. It looks very travel friendly.

Wow, beautiful. I'd really prefer a soft case like this over an ABS or aluminum for carting chips around. It looks very travel friendly.

Perfect for travel. I'd be 100% confident taking it as carryon luggage across the Pacific :)

Nice find! Very tempted to pick one up for myself. How does the strap, D ring and attachedment of the ring to the case feel quality wise?

Nice case! What is the material used for racks/cut out? Is it well designed?

Only problem for me is 25 chip barrels instead of 20 chip barrels!

My first reaction was the same, why 25 and not 20 like the trays? But I prep the stacks before a poker night by counting out each player's stack/rebuy. Turns out it's better as I get 5 extra chips in there.

Do you think a rack of 43mm could be squeezed in anywhere?

I don't have any 43mm chips but I don't think so. It's a pretty tight fit, especially since each barrel is also covered when the case is closed, so they don't shift around at all.

Nice looking case. How heavy is it fully loaded? I'd be a little concerned with carrying that much weight on my shoulder (I have had back issues and want to prevent a repeat).

Thanks,
Grant

Nice case, but for the cost - mostly shipping - the faux-Pelicans are still the winner.

...though @DonkeyKing 's idea is a very close second.
Nice looking case. How heavy is it fully loaded? I'd be a little concerned with carrying that much weight on my shoulder (I have had back issues and want to prevent a repeat).

Thanks,
Grant
1000 chips is going to be 20-30 lbs. Even lightweight birdcages are heavy for someone with back issues, since that weight is all on one side. You would be best to break it down to 2 cases, something that can be worn like a backpack , or something carried with 2 hands.

Nice case, but for the cost - mostly shipping - the faux-Pelicans are still the winner.

...though @DonkeyKing 's idea is a very close second.

1000 chips is going to be 20-30 lbs. Even lightweight birdcages are heavy for someone with back issues, since that weight is all on one side. You would be best to break it down to 2 cases, something that can be worn like a backpack , or something carried with 2 hands.
I also bought this photography case for $29 (Amazon) few months ago but it's not rugged as Pelicans. It does the job for 1000 chip and comes with customizable foam. My concern is that the side where the handle is attached slightly bows when the case is full. They could have used a thicker material where the handle is attached . It comes with a shoulder straps as well. For $29 bucks, I cant complain... but if I have more budget, I would go with Pelican or Viper pictured above (more appealing to my eyes)
20180220_171513_001.jpg
26075.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom