SOLD Grail Set: Palms Tourney (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

navels

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
IMG_0490.JPG

The more poker I play, the more I can't stand tournaments ;). I'll be hanging on to my ESPT set for now but seems that is all I need.

This is not a dibs sale. A few folks have asked me about this set over the years, so I will give them until tomorrow night (Monday, Jan 9) at midnight Pacific Time to express interest. Anyone is welcome to post interest in this thread or via PM before then, just don't expect to claim the set because you were first. I will likely ask for the option to buy this set back if the buyer ever decides to sell. Yes I hate tournaments, but I love these chips.

This is the only set of these in existence. There is one other similar set with different colors. Painstakingly put together by @Tommy.

While reaching out to David a few days ago to see if he knew anyone that had these (either sample sets or small qty) I got a good story on them.

Palms ordered the darker set first then soon after ordered the lighter set and added the T10K so they can run two tourneys at the same time.
60,000 were made and about 58,000 were destroyed. :eek:

About 2000 survived because the poker room manager had them out of the vault and was using them for a private party.
David Spragg and Gene Trimble worked out a deal with the Palms to buy what was left which also included those 48mm Buy-In Chips.

A large portion of the 2000 were sold to one person, and the rest David and Gene kept to sell as sample sets.
I picked up the remaining chips that David had to add to this set.

More history: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/palms-tourney-chips.29291/#post-542469

More pictures: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/palms-tourney-set.34312/

Condition is as pictured, mint. Felted once since I received them from Tommy.

Breakdown:
100 x T5
100 x T25
100 x T100
100 x T500
100 x T1K
100 x T5K
100 x T10K
15 x 100 Buy-In (FHC)
9 x 500 Buy-In (FHC)
2 x buttons

Price: $4600 plus shipping.

IMG_3661.JPG

ps you can run a perfectly fine T20K with starting stacks of 12/12/5/6/2, worked great for the one time I put these into play.

Last edited:
Great Googley Moogley..... I'll have to scratch the head on this one. Really wish we were a tourney group right about now haha.

WOW!!!!!! I WISH I HAD THE MONEY!!!! This is a crazy set. I literally never thought it would ever be up for sale!

Truly impressive set! If I could use either the T5 and/or the T10k in my regular tournament this would be a snap buy.

Awesome chips! Good thing this isn't a dibs sale otherwise I'd be tempted to buy these just to make you play a 1-table tournament prior to each cash game just so we get grumpy Lee to start the cash game :)

Awesome chips! Good thing this isn't a dibs sale otherwise I'd be tempted to buy these just to make you play a 1-table tournament prior to each cash game just so we get grumpy Lee to start the cash game :)
It doesn't take much to make grumpy Lee come out but that would do it for sure.

View attachment 1055303

The more poker I play, the more I can't stand tournaments ;). I'll be hanging on to my ESPT set for now but seems that is all I need.

This is not a dibs sale. A few folks have asked me about this set over the years, so I will give them until tomorrow night (Monday, Jan 9) at midnight Pacific Time to express interest. Anyone is welcome to post interest in this thread or via PM before then, just don't expect to claim the set because you were first. I will likely ask for the option to buy this set back if the buyer ever decides to sell. Yes I hate tournaments, but I love these chips.

This is the only set of these in existence. There is one other similar set with different colors. Painstakingly put together by @Tommy.

More history: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/palms-tourney-chips.29291/#post-542469

More pictures: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/palms-tourney-set.34312/

Condition is as pictured, mint. Felted once since I received them from Tommy.

Breakdown:
100 x T5
100 x T25
100 x T100
100 x T500
100 x T1K
100 x T5K
100 x T10K
15 x 100 Buy-In (FHC)
9 x 500 Buy-In (FHC)
2 x buttons

Price: $4600 plus shipping.

View attachment 1055302

ps you can run a perfectly fine T20K with starting stacks of 12/12/5/6/2, worked great for the one time I put these into play.

Every chip is a stunner. I don't host tourneys, and that breakdown wouldn't work for me. WOW, is this stunning!

Wow these are tough to resist- my buddies hate tournaments and these aren't usually my style of chip... But wow they are tempting. Being the only set in existence (or very close to it) is what does it for me.

Gene Trimble was a great Poker Room manager. He was involved in the creation of many of the Palms chips back in the day.

I don’t know if he was responsible for these or not, but Vegas could use a lot more Gene Trimbles these days.

It goes without saying but that’s a hell of a set!

I was fortunate enough to buy the bulk of them originally from Gene Trimble. He was a great guy. I traded them to get Some of my First edition Trops. Getting rid of them is one of my biggest regrets. Whomever ends up with these will be pleased.

Attachments

• P1110131.JPG
    P1110131.JPG
    226.8 KB · Views: 168
  • P1110132.JPG
    P1110132.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 175
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom