Got Yak? (3 Viewers)

CdnBeerLover

Full House
Reaction score
I do now...

Picked up the following on my way to the Poconos from PGI. Shipments from a July sale on another site.

July4th_1.jpg

Filled to the rim.

July4th_2.jpg

Out of the mailing boxes. 1200 chips, 6 dealer buttons, and four setups of cards.
July4th_3.jpg

The breakdown:
300 x $25
300 x $100
250 x $500
200 x $1000
150 x $5000

I also now have 100 x $0.25 and 100 x $5. I was planning to use the 0.25 as a substitute for a 10k chip and the $5 would work in a 5c/10c game if we ignored the $ sign. Now I'm wondering if I should (again) acquire some $1 and have a true cash set to go with the tourney set. Why did I sell my $1 again? Right, I didn't think I'd need them (where's that bang-head smiley when i need it?)

July4th_6.jpg

I'll probably only use 1000 at a time, unless the tourney gets really large. Already had a case, and I now have a proper setup (two actually) of the Fournier EPT Gold cards. Had to pick those up during the trip as well, since Amazon will not ship them to Canada, even though the seller (Trident) is part of their global shipping program. For some reason, Amazon.com refuses to ship some items to Canada.

July4th_7.jpg

This should keep me happy, at least for a little while. It better...while my wife hasn't said anything, I don't think she was amused.

Dave

Man..those look nice. How much does that case weight!? ;)

Looks awesome :). I'm glad you sold me the .25 and 1's hehe :)

Looks awesome :). I'm glad you sold me the .25 and 1's hehe :)

If you ever change your mind about them, let me know. ;)

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -
Yowza! Sweet chips Dave. Congrats.

Thanks. I probably won't get a clay set for a while now, but these should work just fine. I don't think my abs set will see the light of day.

Anyone else (other than Mr. Cheese) have some of these? If so, where is the pr0n?

Dave

I emailed Joe to see what the status was on my order. Once I hear back hopefully the news will be that I'll see them soon. If so I'll have some yellow nickels along with the standard .25, 1, and 5 dollar to make some pron with ;)

To be honest, I probably won't use them. I'm not a fan of the blocky fonts they use, and they are a little too flexible. My personal favs are Desjgn CV's, Fournier, and Bicycle Prestiges.

Well, I couldn't resist the last sale from another site at the beginning of November. Time for a cash set to join my 1200 tourney chips, and they arrived today. I already had 100 x $0.25 and 100 x $5, so I added on 100 x $0.05 (yellow custom), 25 x $0.25, 125 x $1, and 100 x $5. 550 cash chips in total.

I know I've broken a cardinal rule by having the same type of chips for both cash and tourney. However, we've only every played 5c/10c with a grand total of $180 on the table (we play for fun...). Even if we play 10c/25c, I'm not concerned. I have $1000 in $5 alone, and worst case scenario, I'll use a $25 or $50 from my abs set if I ever need a higher denom. If a chip from the Yak tourney set ever appears in a cash game, someone will be shown the door...

Time for pr0n...

The set in racks.

Yak_Cash_1.jpg

Close-up of the denominations.
Yak_Cash_2.jpg

Bought a case for them. Unfortunately, it doesn't hold the Prestige card boxes. Oh well...Cartamundi Ace will do.
Yak_Cash_3.jpg

All of the Yaks together.
Yak_Cash_4.jpg

Obligatory splash pot (need a shot with better lighting...)
Yak_Cash_Splash.jpg

Dave

Last edited:
Not sure why those attachments got corrupted. I was able to fix the first pic.

I had a network issue while editing the post originally, but it appeared fine when I used the auto-saved version of the post. When I logged off, it looked fine to me, but perhaps I had a cached version of the page in my browser.

I've re-loaded the attachments. If there are still issues, let me know.

I had a network issue while editing the post originally, but it appeared fine when I used the auto-saved version of the post. When I logged off, it looked fine to me, but perhaps I had a cached version of the page in my browser.

I've re-loaded the attachments. If there are still issues, let me know.

Cool. That happen to me the other day when uploading pics via my phone.

Didn't realize you had so many Yaks. Is that a 1000 chip case? ;)

Didn't realize you had so many Yaks. Is that a 1000 chip case? ;)

Yup. It's heavy, but not as bad as the 1000 case with 11.5g chips.

Used them in a tournament on Saturday, and they were well received. Great chips.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

One more group shot (stacks of 25):

Yak_All_Chips.jpg

I decided I wanted a $25k chip for colour-ups. But, I didn't see needing the minimum number (50-100) for a custom order from PGI. A shop in Toronto has some ceramic plaques available, so I decided to get a 5-pack of their $25k plaques to see how they fit in (also ordered a few other things to justify the shipping...it was time I had some standard index Modiano Platinum Acetates :cool:)

25k_plaque_medium.jpg

Yak_w_Plaque.jpg

I think they fit in pretty good, and I like them more than the dice plaques I've used at other houses. A 5-pack would cover approx 1/2 of the chips in play in a typical tournament, so I probably have enough. A friend is going to Toronto in a few weeks, and will be picking up some things at the shop for themselves. I may ask them to pick up another set for me while they are there.

Nice, yeah those fit well. Looks like they would go well with a lot of different sets which is cool

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom