Gorilla legs screw install depth (1 Viewer)

Marhault

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking of adding gorilla legs to my table over the legs that are currently on it. The ones that are on it now balance the table on I-shaped legs with a padded stringer between them and I'm guessing because of the age it has a wobble to them that I just can't get rid of. Plus the added benefit of making my table portable is also very appealing. What I'm needing to know is what is the install depth of the screws or bolts that come with the Gorilla legs? Want to make sure I won't have to alter my table surface to accommodate them.

@GorillaGlenn

What I'm needing to know is what is the install depth of the screws or bolts
T-nuts. They go all the the way through. Super strong
1600034956545.png

The maximum depth is dependent on the thickness of the table that you will be screwing it into (not specific to gorilla legs). You want to be at least 1/4" shorter than that depth. You also want at least 3/8" (preferably 1/2" or more) of thread biting into the table, otherwise the screws may work loose over time.

The gorilla legs come with the hardware to install them. I'm wanting to know specifically about the hardware they send with them.

They screws they come with are somewhat short, but they are too long if you are using 1 sheet of 3/4" plywood. They will poke through ever so slightly. The screws are beefy, but I believe 1" long. I don't use the screws they come with and use 3/4" screws instead with a Robertson head

They screws they come with are somewhat short, but they are too long if you are using 1 sheet of 3/4" plywood. They will poke through ever so slightly. The screws are beefy, but I believe 1" long. I don't use the screws they come with and use 3/4" screws instead with a Robertson head
Thanks Tony!

If it helps, and my table is an @T_Chan creation, I was able to use the hardware that came with my Gorilla legs..I don't know how thick the plywood is though. No poke through though. If my screws are too deep, I guess over time I'll figure it out.

I have no issues with the table. You are gonna love the results Todd. It will re ignite the life of the table and I'm very optimistic about you completely losing the wobble.

If it helps, and my table is an @T_Chan creation, I was able to use the hardware that came with my Gorilla legs..

I have no issues with the table. You are gonna love the results Todd. It will re ignite the life of the table and I'm very optimistic about you completely losing the wobble.
I've tried and tried to figure it out. A friend of mine looked at it and he thinks the metal legs might be slightly bent but even adjusting the legs it still has some give from the table surface. The only thing I can figure is it's the legs where they attach to the playing surface. The playing surface is old but very solid. I guess I should just think about having a Chanman special made. I've only got $200 in this table not including the custom felt.

I'm thinking of adding gorilla legs to my table over the legs that are currently on it. The ones that are on it now balance the table on I-shaped legs with a padded stringer between them and I'm guessing because of the age it has a wobble to them that I just can't get rid of. Plus the added benefit of making my table portable is also very appealing. What I'm needing to know is what is the install depth of the screws or bolts that come with the Gorilla legs? Want to make sure I won't have to alter my table surface to accommodate them.

@GorillaGlenn
Screws are a custom #10 x 3/4" with an oversized head, we use them all the time with 3/4" plywood and works perfect. Pre-drill o get the hole started and make sure you don't over-tighten to blow through the wood and the legs will never come loose. T-Nuts are also certainly a way to add even more, and the only way we fasten our cheaper basic legs with only 8 fastening points, but certainly not necessary with the Gorilla Legs for poker use. There are 24 screws and fastening points to our kit, and they are a very thick and high quality stainless wood screw, we certainly over-engineered these to make sure they hold up under extreme circumstances!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom