Google Pixel 7/Pro (1 Viewer)

I will probably get a Pixel 7 soon. I was at Verizon today updating a couple of other phones on my plan and the guy helping made a comment that I had a Pixel. I said, "Yes, a Pixel 1." He was shocked it was a Pixel 1 and he said, "I have never seen a Pixel 1 in such great shape." Mine is in near-mint condition after 7+ years of use. I got it right after they were first released.
I thought I was dragging it out with a Pixel 2. I tip my hat to you sir, impressive. I swapped my battery so I still get good life but my girl also has a Pixel 2 and she's basically tethered to a outlet at this point.

What kind of battery life are you still getting with the OG?

Pixels used to be a solid phone at a mid range price with an excellent camera.

Now they are $1000 just like Samsungs and iPhones. :confused
This is why I got the regular Pixel 7, I think it's the better deal and the $300 jump for the Pro isn't worth it, for me.

I surf, email and text. That's really about it. I don't need a laptop in my pocket, but I do love a good camera and extra screen real estate.

The last Sammy I had was cracked and I installed stock android. Every time a new OS came out, it felt like a new phone. I do like that the Pixel does that for me automagically and I don't miss the bloatware.

I was gonna pass on the 7 (figuring the 7a will be out in 6 months and the 8 in a year or so), but if there's that much rebate on a 4a5g, I might look in to it.

Not a fan of the 6/7 design, tbh, but that's not a deal breaker.

I'm more of a minimalist when it comes to cases. I want something to protect against drops and bangs but does not bulk up the phone too much. Since I am somewhat gentle with my phone, I have found this case to be more than sufficient for protection.

https://a.co/d/cW1t9OW

View attachment 1004762

I have used this same brand (Spigen) and case style for years on my Pixel phones and on my kids phones as well, all without any issue. Not a single broken phone or cracked screen ( *knocks on wood* ) to report.
I have this same case, is great. I upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy 7 to the pixel 6. It's obviously much faster and the camera is fantastic, but the back button is on the wrong side of the phone, the volume and lock buttons are backwards, and it's larger. I wish I could get a small sized powerful android phone that's actually usable with one hand comfortably. I also miss the physical home button.

What kind of battery life are you still getting with the OG?
The battery life is the main problem right now. With light use, I can get 4-6 hours on a full charge. With moderate to heavy use...maybe 2 hours. The processing speed seems to have slowed some as well.

The battery life is the main problem right now. With light use, I can get 4-6 hours on a full charge. With moderate to heavy use...maybe 2 hours. The processing speed seems to have slowed some as well.
All the phone companies do this now, which sucks. I think the Galaxy 5 was the last phone I had and maybe even the last Galaxy that allowed you to remove the battery and replace it.

First Pixel 7 Pro photos....

PXL_20221013_171042865.jpg

New more clamps. :)

Got a new mini-impactor.
PXL_20221013_171056512.jpg
PXL_20221013_171105088.jpg

Really liking this phone (Pixel 7) so far. This new version of Android takes a little getting used to but so far everything has been great. Just need to get a case on this bad boy and I'm good.

My OtterBox Symmetry case (clear) arrived today. It's a perfect fit and sleek. Expensive but I always found the OtterBox cases to be very reliable. I usually go for black but they don't have black for some reason, or didn't at the time I purchased it. I do like it though as it actually lets me see the color (lemmongrass) of my phone, which is kind of cool.
PXL_20221016_170226217.jpg
PXL_20221016_170240323.jpg

Everybody enjoying their phone? Anything weird?

I've had an issue several times where I make a call to my girl when I wake up. After I hang up the screen is black and I have to hard reset. Annoying, but it doesn't happen all the time, and only first thing in the morning.

The only issue I had is Google Pay doesn't work if you use face unlock. Only works when you unlock your phone with either your pin or fingerprint.

The only issue I had is Google Pay doesn't work if you use face unlock. Only works when you unlock your phone with either your pin or fingerprint.
Hopefully they get that sorted for you. I've never used face unlock, just the fingerprint. Is the face unlock any good?

Hopefully they get that sorted for you. I've never used face unlock, just the fingerprint. Is the face unlock any good?
With the case that I have, the fingerprint works about 80% of the time. Face works 100%. Has to use the the built in screen protecter.

Face unlock not working with Google Pay is as designed from what I read. It's just that Google did tell anyone they changed it and nothing comes up on the phone to tell you that.

With the case that I have, the fingerprint works about 80% of the time. Face works 100%. Has to use the the built in screen protecter.
The fingerprint works pretty good for me, not too bad. I don't think it's as good as the one on the Pixel 2 and I'm still in the habit of trying to unlock it on the reverse side of the phone. Still haven't gotten completely used to it yet.

Did anyone order the Pixel 8/Pro? I ordered the Pro, trading in my 7, got a free Pixel 2 watch with my order. Pretty cool.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom