Google Pixel 7/Pro (1 Viewer)

buffalojim

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Just curious, has anybody purchased this phone and waiting for delivery? Expectations?

I don't buy phones often, I've still been rocking my Pixel 2 for the last 5 years but it's time to move on. I've been a big fan of stock Android and really like these phones.

Have a 7 Pro on order. I've had multiple nexus and pixel phones over the years and too a big fan of the hardware and the stock vanilla android.

Have a 7 Pro on order. I've had multiple nexus and pixel phones over the years and too a big fan of the hardware and the stock vanilla android.
Nice! I ordered the smaller Pixel 7 on launch day. I like the smaller phones but I did want the better camera features. Unfortunately you can't have both.

I'm looking forward to the 90hz screen, that's a nice little bump from 60hz. Should be here on the 13th I believe.

I've been stock Android since the Nexus One. I'm currently on a Pixel 4a 5G, and while I have no specific complaints, I think it might be time to move up.

The Pixel 7 Pro is a little bigger than I want, and after trade in, I can preorder a 7 for under $300. I think that's the plan for this week.

I've been stock Android since the Nexus One. I'm currently on a Pixel 4a 5G, and while I have no specific complaints, I think it might be time to move up.

The Pixel 7 Pro is a little bigger than I want, and after trade in, I can preorder a 7 for under $300. I think that's the plan for this week.
I am a fan of the pixel line and have the 4a...

Is the trade in with your carrier? That seems like a good deal.

I have a Pixel 6 and like it a lot. The finger print scanner on that model is notoriously hit or miss in user experiences, but for me it hasn't been much of an issue.

I have a Pixel 6 and like it a lot. The finger print scanner on that model is notoriously hit or miss in user experiences, but for me it hasn't been much of an issue.
This is one reason I held off till the 7. The fingerprint scanner on the Pixel 2 is easily one of the best and most convenient features IMO, plus it works perfectly. That, and the front facing stereo speakers are excellent. Sadly, these two features are not longer on the current lineups but I'm really hoping the fingerprint scanner on the 7 is much better than the 6. I still wish it was on the back of the phone though.

I ordered the Pixel 7 Pro 256GB unlocked model from the Google Store. They are giving me $325 for my Pixel 4 XL 128GB trade-in and $200 of Google Store credit. Seemed like a pretty good deal.

It should be here 10/13.

I ordered the Pixel 7 Pro 256GB unlocked model from the Google Store. They are giving me $325 for my Pixel 4 XL 128GB trade-in and $200 of Google Store credit. Seemed like a pretty good deal.

It should be here 10/13.
Wow, that's a nice deal! I ordered from Google directly and am trading in my Pixel 2 and "should" get $100 store credit and $100 for my Pixel 2.

I did replace the battery myself and broke the screen. Replaced both the screen and battery and got another year out of the 2 with excellent battery life but I'm hoping they don't notice and I get the full $100 lol. If not, whatever.

I bought a Pixel 6, 128G last year but regretted not getting the larger phone and storage. So I upgraded to the 7 Pro with a $440 trade-in for my pixel 6. That along with the $200 google store credit for buying the 7 Pro and a 3% discount because I have a Google One account, made it a pretty easy decision.

$1099 - $440 - $200 - $32.97 = $426 for the Pixel 7 Pro 512GB.

I'll probably use the $230 credit towards a Pixel Watch or maybe the Pixel Buds? Or just let it sit there and see what this new tablet is all about next year?

I ordered the OtterBox Symmetry case, clear. They didn't have black... lame. They used to have a Commuter case as well but not any more it would seem.

Got the wife a Pixel 7 Pro 128GB with the $200 Google store credit that I received yesterday. $899 - $200 - $305 (her Pixel 4XL 64GB) = $394

I ordered the OtterBox Symmetry case, clear. They didn't have black... lame. They used to have a Commuter case as well but not any more it would seem.
I've been using these SUPCASE Beetle cases with my last 3 phones. They have a built in screen protector which I like.

PXL_20221012_114645822.jpg

pixel 7 pro beetle case.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-Full-Body-Belt-Clip-Kickstand-Protector/dp/B0B4VLHLB1/

I've been using these SUPCASE Beetle cases with my last 3 phones. They have a built in screen protector which I like.

View attachment 1004758

View attachment 1004759

https://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-Full-Body-Belt-Clip-Kickstand-Protector/dp/B0B4VLHLB1/
Interesting. Does it lay flat? Hard to tell from the pictures exactly but is the belt clip thing an extra add on piece. This is not something I would use as I pocket my phone and want the slimmest profile possible.

Interesting. Does it lay flat? Hard to tell from the pictures exactly but is the belt clip thing an extra add on piece. This is not something I would use as I pocket my phone and want the slimmest profile possible.
I always toss the belt clip piece in the trash. It looks like it will lay flat. My phone will be here tomorrow so I can let you then.

PXL_20221012_143138885.jpg

Oh, I see, cool. I don't use screen protectors either, so won't need that. Maybe I'll pick it up if you like it. Thanks!

Oh, I see, cool. I don't use screen protectors either, so won't need that. Maybe I'll pick it up if you like it. Thanks!
You have to use the screen protector part with this case. It sandwiches with the back part and locks it all together. Probably not the case for you then. I drop my phone about once a month and this case has saved it every time.

I've been using these SUPCASE Beetle cases with my last 3 phones. They have a built in screen protect which I like.

View attachment 1004758

View attachment 1004759

I'm more of a minimalist when it comes to cases. I want something to protect against drops and bangs but does not bulk up the phone too much. Since I am somewhat gentle with my phone, I have found this case to be more than sufficient for protection.

https://a.co/d/cW1t9OW

1665585536779.png

I have used this same brand (Spigen) and case style for years on my Pixel phones and on my kids phones as well, all without any issue. Not a single broken phone or cracked screen ( *knocks on wood* ) to report.

You have to use the screen protector part with this case. It sandwiches with the back part and locks it all together. Probably not the case for you then. I drop my phone about once a month and this case has saved it every time.
Oh shit, yeah, not for me then. I never use screen protectors, never drop my phone or scratch the screen. Knock on wood!

I'm more of a minimalist when it comes to cases. I want something to protect against drops and bangs but does not bulk up the phone too much. Since I am somewhat gentle with my phone, I have found this case to be more than sufficient for protection.

View attachment 1004762

I have used this same brand (Spigen) and case style for years on my Pixel phones and on my kids phones as well, all without any issue. Not a single broken phone or cracked screen ( *knocks on wood* ) to report.
Jinx !

View attachment 1004762

This looks perfect actually. If for some reason I don't like the OtterBox one I'm gonna get this one.

Anyone try the new Pixel Bud Pros yet? Thoughts?

I've read that after Android 8 or 9 all the versions support LDAC, but my Pixel 2 on Android 11 does not seem to do that.
Screenshot_20221012-105159.png

View attachment 1004762

I've used Spigen cases for my last couple of phones for the same reasons: tough enough to protect from inevitable corner drops and some face down drops, but light and thin enough that it's still easy to slip my phone into my pocket.

I will probably get a Pixel 7 soon. I was at Verizon today updating a couple of other phones on my plan and the guy helping made a comment that I had a Pixel. I said, "Yes, a Pixel 1." He was shocked it was a Pixel 1 and he said, "I have never seen a Pixel 1 in such great shape." Mine is in near-mint condition after 7+ years of use. I got it right after they were first released.

I will probably get a Pixel 7 soon. I was at Verizon today updating a couple of other phones on my plan and the guy helping made a comment that I had a Pixel. I said, "Yes, a Pixel 1." He was shocked it was a Pixel 1 and he said, "I have never seen a Pixel 1 in such great shape." Mine is in near-mint condition after 7+ years of use. I got it right after they were first released.
Wow! I thought I did well with 4 years and my nexus 5!

I'm on a 4a5g now and it is running well. I'm tempted to get a 6a because it's similar to what the nexus 5 was - fast processor with a budget build.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom