• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Good Spare table (1 Viewer)

Wow, down to $99 now?
At some point I might just have to buy one.

Good price on a decent table. I've played on one of these and they are sturdy and nice. The preprinted area for the flop, turn, and river is mildly annoying at first, but you quickly ignore it.

How do cards slide over the folding area?

That's a good price, I bought one at around $130 and it's well liked by my players.

The crease in the middle I was initially concerned with but it has never caused an issue.​

I have no need for a 3rd table, but am going to pick one up tomorrow anyways!!!

Having a lightweight portable table for $100 is well worth it.

Man, I hate the "flop, turn, river" graphic in the middle but for $99 shipped how can you turn this up. Just good to have as an extra table. I wounder how hard it would be to replace the cloth?
I'm getting one, too cheap to pass up:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Man, I hate the "flop, turn, river" graphic in the middle but for $99 shipped how can you turn this up. Just good to have as an extra table. I wounder how hard it would be to replace the cloth?
I'm getting one, too cheap to pass up:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Yep, it has reached the price point where I can no longer pass it up.

I have no need for a 3rd table, but am going to pick one up tomorrow anyways!!!

Having a lightweight portable table for $100 is well worth it.
It's NOT lightweight, however. Biggest drawbacks are the weight and no handles.

For the people that have one already, will it fit in the back of an SUV, hopefully without the seats being folded down?

Not sure about that, I think I will have to put it in the back seat or fold down the seats in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have 42in wide no problem, but its a little short on the 42in deep. Probably will depend on the SUV.

d1775d30-b4b8-42de-9d1a-2820ff78efa9_1.c89eec48d0f9964598858cd83fc8a7a9.jpeg

Not sure about that, I think I will have to put it in the back seat or fold down the seats in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have 42in wide no problem, but its a little short on the 42in deep. Probably will depend on the SUV.

d1775d30-b4b8-42de-9d1a-2820ff78efa9_1.c89eec48d0f9964598858cd83fc8a7a9.jpeg

Thanks for finding that. I’ll have 2 of the kids with me if I go to pick one up tomorrow so I can’t fold the seats down. Guess I’ll have to order it online and try to sneak it in the house, like everything else I buy. :oops:

Any of you that buys one, It would be interesting to know how hard/easy is is to change out the felt if possible at all (It's probably just glued directly on the MDF). Even for use as an extra table that flop/turn/river graphic is just awful. Just a cheap felt replacement would be an improvement.

Still an affordable price for a potable 2nd/3rd table. It looks fairly stable and others have said the same.

Any of you that buys one, It would be interesting to know how hard/easy is is to change out the felt if possible at all (It's probably just glued directly on the MDF). Even for use as an extra table that flop/turn/river graphic is just awful. Just a cheap felt replacement would be an improvement.

Still an affordable price for a potable 2nd/3rd table. It looks fairly stable and others have said the same.

I will most likely destroy the table within seconds of getting in the door. Nothing will stop me from putting some speed cloth on this puppy.
I'm sure it will not be easy though. Most of these tables have the rail vinyl attached to the felt. I will.post some pics when the time comes.

I will most likely destroy the table within seconds of getting in the door. Nothing will stop me from putting some speed cloth on this puppy.
I'm sure it will not be easy though. Most of these tables have the rail vinyl attached to the felt. I will.post some pics when the time comes.

It's NOT lightweight, however. Biggest drawbacks are the weight and no handles.

This and the way the legs fold and un-fold is stupid, but it's sturdy.

For the people that have one already, will it fit in the back of an SUV, hopefully without the seats being folded down?

It fits in the back of a Honda Pilot no problem with the third row of seating down.

I'm expecting that the easiest and cheapest surface upgrade path is to just use spray adhesive on top of the existing felt to hold down the new surface (gaming suede or ssc), with some small diameter rope trim around the inside circumference to hide the new cloth's edge.

If the rail comes off easily, whole different story on upgrading.

Also wonder if the cupholders are firmly mounted, or might they be easily replaced during table setup with a deeper model (and removed again prior to storage).

Also wonder if the cupholders are firmly mounted, or might they be easily replaced during table setup with a deeper model (and removed again prior to storage).

They are not, my 4 year old managed to yank one out within 5 seconds of me setting it up the first time. They are held down with some hot glue. You could maybe go down another half inch or so for a deeper model. However thick the wood is, I didn't measure.

So the existing hole is not drilled completely through the wood?

Just through the padding and glued to the table top. Right to the felt I believe. Not drilled into the wood at all

I'm expecting that the easiest and cheapest surface upgrade path
Could also just buy a large piece of 2mm neoprene and cut it to size. Roll it up when not in use; lay it in once the table is out. Eliminates the middle fold as well.

Existing stock 36x72 neoprene toppers are probably about 2" short on the ends (with excess on the sides), if it's 42x84 with a 4" rail. If the rail is 5" wide, they will fit with some minor trimming.

Much cheaper than buying neoprene sheets.

Existing stock 36x72 neoprene toppers are probably about 2" short on the ends (with excess on the sides), if it's 42x84 with a 4" rail. If the rail is 5" wide, they will fit with some minor trimming.

Much cheaper than buying neoprene sheets.
Probably cheaper just to see if the playing surface if playable. I can't imagine it being so bad that it demands immediate replacement. The reviews on Amazon seem pretty good. Maybe people with experience can chime in.

Or just cover the entire surface with a single layer of your favorite poker chips (or bottle caps, or whatever), place a protective glass sheet on top, and post it in the fugly table thread.

Probably cheaper just to see if the playing surface if playable. I can't imagine it being so bad that it demands immediate replacement. The reviews on Amazon seem pretty good. Maybe people with experience can chime in.
I think the primary issue is how it looks vs how it plays.

While I don’t like the playing surface, I don’t want to invest any more money into a travel table than the $100 it costs already.

It it is getting used that means I’m not playing on a kitchen table or something similar so it will be a huge improvement already.

I've played on one of these probably 10 times. Never any issue with playability and it is sturdy. Crease didn't bother us, graphics didn't either, just some comments pointed at the slower players. Used Modiano cards each time and it's whisper smooth.

If nothing else it can help break up those slow periods - just make fun of whoever is dealing with respect to the layout.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom