Good case for 43mm chips? (2 Viewers)

Congrats on your first set of chips! The CM chips are a GREAT start, and I think you'll really love them. I wish they were around when I started. 43mm is also a solid choice; many of my sets are this size.

But, with the bigger size comes complications, ESPECIALLY storage. There are lots of threads here about this, but it boils does to this:
  • You need racks that can hold 43mm chips; there are both "regular" racks and also covered/hybrid racks from Matsui/Apache which can hold both 39mm and 43mm at the same time.
  • Birdcages, however, cannot normally fit "regular" 43mm racks. That's where the Matsui/Apache racks are so great; they do fit in regular birdcages.
  • Some people prefer to store their chips in a pelican-style case. If going this route, any rack will work.
  • One thing to keep in mind is that the CM chips are thin, so almost any rack will either fit 21 to a row or you'll just have a lot of loose play. It's not a problem, per se, but something that you can easily fix with some spaces.
OK, so some links:
Some pR0n!

Regular 43mm Racks in a case
1664981381737.png

Apache Racks in a case:
1664981404989.png

Apache racks in a birdcage (top rows are 39mm, bottoms are 43mm)

1664981694212.png

I’m paying attention. I recently built a set with these 43mm chips, plus 39mm fracs and $1s and I’d ideally like a case to hold the whole shebang, so, 700+ chips.
This one does okay for the big chips, but they’re a bit too snug in there. And it’s not big enough.
I’ll be watching along for briefcase style cases (as opposed those giant waterproof thingys that can be filled with racks abd foam.)
Oh and FWIW, OP, I bought this one on Amazon 5 years ago, but they’re no longer available.
D060DDBA-B2A9-4105-9687-6F7DA561E9F2.jpeg

Congrats on your first set of chips! The CM chips are a GREAT start, and I think you'll really love them. I wish they were around when I started. 43mm is also a solid choice; many of my sets are this size.

But, with the bigger size comes complications, ESPECIALLY storage. There are lots of threads here about this, but it boils does to this:
  • You need racks that can hold 43mm chips; there are both "regular" racks and also covered/hybrid racks from Matsui/Apache which can hold both 39mm and 43mm at the same time.
  • Birdcages, however, cannot normally fit "regular" 43mm racks. That's where the Matsui/Apache racks are so great; they do fit in regular birdcages.
  • Some people prefer to store their chips in a pelican-style case. If going this route, any rack will work.
  • One thing to keep in mind is that the CM chips are thin, so almost any rack will either fit 21 to a row or you'll just have a lot of loose play. It's not a problem, per se, but something that you can easily fix with some spaces.
OK, so some links:
Some pR0n!

View attachment 1000104

Apache Racks in a case:
View attachment 1000105

View attachment 1000107
Thanks so much for the detailed reply. I’ll definitely use some of these for racks, which might be okay for a while on their own. And I’ll consider some of these cases, too.

OK, so some links:
Some pR0n!

View attachment 1000104

Apache Racks in a case:
View attachment 1000105

View attachment 1000107
Oh, also: which acrylic carrier is that? It fits the 43mm racks really well…

Oh, also: which acrylic carrier is that? It fits the 43mm racks really well…
Here's where I am at now (a mixture of 600 and 1000 count birdcages). These are various brands:
  • BRPro Porker (a vendor here) - they used to sell birdcages at really competitive prices (especially considering they came with chipco racks). But I cannot seem to find them anymore on their site. Could be work reaching out to them.
  • Yuanhe (Amazon) - 600 ct cases are harder to find, but Yuanhe is consistent on Amazon
  • GSE Sports and Games - I have both 600 and 1000ct from them. They have stores on Amazon and eBay.

1665006581099.png

OK, so some links:
Some pR0n!

View attachment 1000104

Apache Racks in a case:
View attachment 1000105

View attachment 1000107

I have my chips in Apache racks too. The 39mm are pretty loose so I got some 3D3P spacers/fillers. They are perfect.

You gotta zoom in on the chips in the bottom
5B4FB3BB-FD81-4311-9CE7-DAD37571F98D.jpeg
61912B9A-6F97-4484-96DE-E4D3E86EFEF1.jpeg

I’ve seen versa cases for 43mm as well if you’d prefer the metal look
Thank you! I’m still in the hunt for a case. Not sure what to get. I did purchase the Apache racks for 600 chips. I seen the VERSA GAMES 600PC DELUXE POKER CHIP CARRIER but not sure if the racks I bought would fit in it.

Again, sometimes the cheapies work - like that 400 chip case I pictured above - 43s fit perfectly.
This is another Amazon cheapie - a 750 that will hold 800 Paulsons. It will accommodate 43mm chips if you stagger the rows 39 - 43 - 39 - 43. So if you’re a weirdo who has 39mm fracs and dollars and 43mm fives and twenties (and this annoying staggered layout doesn’t tilt the bejeebers out of you) then this one works!

3DAC3E7A-A4EE-4F17-A893-98BA44C091C0.jpeg

Hi folks. Just recently pulled the trigger on Apache 43 mm chips. Problem is they wouldn't ship a case/trays to Canada. Any idea where to get either a case or racks/trays to fit 1200 43 mm chips?

Cheers

Do you have a picture of how you’ve deconstructed the inside? I’m reading through threads right now looking for storage solutions for sets with both 39 mm and 43 mm, so this could potentially work for me.

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the inside. However, I can say that it was relatively easy to take out the insides. Just took a pair of pliers and pulled out the wooden racks and felt. I made my own frame and racks for the inside. Worked perfectly for a set of 500 43mm (royals).

Here's what it looks like:

IMG_2172.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom