Gone But Not Forgotten Poker Chips Sets (Now with photos of over 200 Sets!) (4 Viewers)

Depending on the number of nominations we can send up to five sets per year. Next year is going to be a bumper crop.

Since I am HOF chairman I'm not going to pimp my own set but I have serious worries about how Paymaster would do in an HOF vote. I think a lot of people will not vote for ceramics regardless of what you show them.

I agree with this. It's a shame, not only for the Paymasters, but for a number of other ceramics as well. It's like telling an offensive lineman that they are not going to get into the HoF because their play is never going to match that of a QB/HB/WR.

I guess that's why Halls of Fame tend to go with authoritative voting (sportswriters, etc) rather than popular public vote.

Ceramics have such creative potential vs clay chips with so much more space for art/design. I have to think there are wonderful sets that don't get the love they deserve.

I have always loved Kilgore's Poker & Cinema by @Dr Lecterr who I literally just learned as I typed his @ name is a member here as well!

So maybe not appropriate for this thread in light of your membership here, Doc, but I do love these chips, so here they are. Of course, if you want to throw some new pr0n up I'm sure we'd all be appreciative :)

What a great compliment. Thanks for remembering my set! They have seen several years of action. I put some new pron together as requested. Here is the tournament set.....

Attachments

• IMG_4102.JPG
    IMG_4102.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 593
  • IMG_4097.JPG
    IMG_4097.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_4104.JPG
    IMG_4104.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 618
  • IMG_4098.JPG
    IMG_4098.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 631
Any pics of the old "wsop chipco" gb or the original wsop Matsui gb? Just curious. And this thread is amazing.

Yeah, if CPC could replicate TRK light turquoise (like in the picture) and regular turquoise I would be forced to back up a Brink's truck at the factory. Such beautiful colors!

Well these were an inspiration for my BCC HS set (Chocolate, light turquoise and arc yellow...I added hot pink, canary yellow and dark blue)

DSC00479.jpg

Anyone have full pr0n or at least shots of all (or more) of the denoms for the Val Alstine card room as seen below? This set was by amstelnut on CT, but all his old pr0n is gone and I didn't see any good shots of the set available elsewhere.

Figured @toad94 might a photo and it looks like @Quicksilver-75 had a sample set at one point. I had a partial sample set that I gave away, but there were a bunch of different denoms and secondaries of several as well. Very cool set and was one of the early sets using a lot of spot patterns when they were first made available by ASM.

Thanks to anyone if they can help!

Found 'em--sorry I didn't get these on here before. I saw that Amstelnut was on PCF, but not since Jan 2015. You're right, I'm digging the $10, too.

Amstelnut's "Van Alstine Card Room"

2dhfpj7.jpg

2rcob9c.jpg

1qkf7n.jpg

24gudmp.jpg

w68pi.jpg

Bonus! I forgot Allan had a BCC T-mold set. This is the only picture I have:

315ie5c.jpg

Last edited:
Every time Mark posts a bunch of new sets it's like a little mini birthday. Love seeing these preserved for everyone here. Thanks, Mark!

Every time Mark posts a bunch of new sets it's like a little mini birthday. Love seeing these preserved for everyone here. Thanks, Mark!

I'm just glad someone kept up on everything. I tried to do that right after the CT-PCF move, but was overwhelmed. Toad's efforts are nothing less than amazing.

Totally forgot about both iterations of the Gutshot Street chips. Love those! Though surprisingly I actually prefer the first which I believe was done on the "extra slugs" sale Jim Blanchard ran back in the day (which also gave rise to @dolomite128's Havana Rooms).

Pretty cool offering. I don't remember what the price was, but certainly compared to today, it was insanely low. The catch was you were limited to only those chips for which a bunch of slugs had already been produced. Here's the pic which Jim included in the original ad:

yX870pz.png

I only have single pics, no stacks. Anybody have some stack pics?

345l834.jpg

e9jiwy.jpg

2ibev7m.jpg

2uo3wc4.jpg

96dfgi.jpg

j0lb81.jpg

Haha - I'll have to pull out my chips and dust them off and snap some proper stack photos.

I don't know if I should be peeved or flattered that someone stole my design. The last photo of stacked chips are not mine - this is the first time I've ever seen those. You can see there are some differences - the Japanese letters are not yellow and it's on the standard bcc flame mold. Although I'm kind of digging the chocolate mint 50c chip. Also a bit odd, hundo chips with a singles and 50c chips. Wonder if that person had other denoms.

Scrolling through this thread brings back fond memories of CT. I remember most of these amazing sets.

Last edited:
Booyah D's ASMs:

mc8bkl.jpg

r0cftl.jpg

bfm3k7.jpg

Bump just because I was thinking about these this morning. In case anyone doesn't remember the backstory on the design, it's in the original Chiptalk post here and is pasted below for your convenience (unfortunately the original inline images have expired). I love when a set is this personalized.

booyah D said:
I got into poker in the winter of 2005. Our house at the time had a finished basement with 2 distinct areas: our son's playroom and my poker room. When I would have poker nights, we joked with everyone that we were at "Noah & Dave's Poker Room." For my birthday that March, Noah (5 at the time) wanted to make us a sign for the basement. My wife brought him to a craft store and he picked everything out on his own. She helped him with the spelling of some of the words, and this is what he gave me for my birthday:

Since then, we've moved into a house where I had a "poker room" for a little while, but because of our growing family, it got taken over by doll houses and stuff. Although demoted to our dining room, whenever there's a poker night, I've always found a place to hang his sign.

These days, Noah is more into girls and sports than anything else. I can tell he's a little embarrassed by the sign now, actually, because his last response when someone mentioned it to him was a very unenthusiastic, "I was 5." As his sappy father, though, I wanted to do something with the sign to acknowledge how much it means to me. Thanks to Johnny5 and ASM, I found a way to do that:

I noticed one day a while back that the Condado Beach chips had an emblem on the inlay that made me wonder if I could do something similar. J5 took that start and floored me. It was his idea to incorporate the color waves of Noah's sign and also his idea to include the extra outer ring to make it look even more like the original. His subtle but awesome additions showed me that it would work.

I believe these are Technoguru's Vintage Club set, but CT also says they're a group-buy. This was just before my time so I'm not sure.

3355sur.jpg

1e5hf4.jpg

4qo7t3.jpg

28gqk2q.jpg

fuq7nn.jpg

33ddrua.jpg

14y0qao.jpg

30a76zt.jpg

2vvjptg.jpg

mcu79g.jpg

2guxhf7.jpg

25sbcro.jpg
Woah! First time going through this thread and I find a custom set from the little dessert town I went to high school in. What are the odds of that?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom