Golf Trip! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Ok my buddies and I usually go to Pinehurst every summer but we are skipping it this year and staying closer to home.

Headed to Crossville/Fairfield Glade, TN for a 4 day trip in September.

Anyone ever been there? Suggestions or recommendations are appreciated. We are playing Bear Trace at Cumberland Mountain on Thursday, Druid Hills on Friday, Stonehenge on Saturday and Dorchester on Sunday.

Even if you haven’t been, tell me where you favorite golf trips have been!

Ocean City MD golf packages have great courses from the surrounding areas.
Most of those require staying in and have amenities in Ocean City, which I wouldn’t advise... not during these times.

Mesquite NV and St George UT have some unbelievable courses and are pretty inexpensive for the quality. Summer heat is unbearable, but great early spring trip. they overseed in the fall

Stonehenge is one of my earliest golfing memories when I was probably 13-14 years old. I should really try and go back.

Also did Bandon Dunes this summer. This is a must go for any golf fanatic! All of the courses are spectacular! In the middle of nowhere, but worth every penny. Hard to pick a favorite course

I watched Erik Anders Lang's review of the courses there. I have mixed feelings about EAL, but the courses were gorgeous.

Mesquite NV and St George UT have some unbelievable courses and are pretty inexpensive for the quality. Summer heat is unbearable, but great early spring trip. they overseed in the fall

That’s in my list. I could retire there and alternate days. One day poker, one day golf and one day canyons, repeat.

Definitely going to get my buddies to go in the near future.

I met Jay Don Blake’s wife a couple years ago when I was running the caddie area at our local PGA event. She was telling me all about the area! She was a great ambassador for the area.

Tobacco Road is in your neck of the woods, but looks to be right next to Pinehurst so probably not an option for you.

Doesn't quite help OP, but for golf trips, I have a pretty fantastic, somewhat under the radar, and cheap golf trip.

Check out heading into Michigan up north. Grey Walls in Marquette has some extraordinary fun play and gorgeous backdrops. Timberstone in the UP was designed by Jerry Matthews and is gorgeous. The drives from green to tee are ridiculous far, that the whole cart path is like 6+ miles if I remember correctly. Pretty high slope and you're gonna lose some balls, but awesome.

Being that they're out in the boondies, you def save some money too, I think Timberstone is about as cheap as you'll ever play a GD 5 star rated course.

Cant help with recommendations but my greatest ever golf experience has got to be Paiute in Las Vegas. Truly breathtaking from the moment you arrive. Ive played many great courses living in Scotland but desert golf there was just unbelievable. Im playing Crieff a week on Sunday really looking forward to that! Enjoy!

Ok my buddies and I usually go to Pinehurst every summer but we are skipping it this year and staying closer to home.

Headed to Crossville/Fairfield Glade, TN for a 4 day trip in September.

Anyone ever been there? Suggestions or recommendations are appreciated. We are playing Bear Trace at Cumberland Mountain on Thursday, Druid Hills on Friday, Stonehenge on Saturday and Dorchester on Sunday.

Even if you haven’t been, tell me where you favorite golf trips have been!
Never played but we are headed there in September also. I've heard good things from the guys I'm going with. They go every year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom