Golf Simulator? (1 Viewer)

Well I got back into golfing this year after like a 12 year hiatus. The wife started too. We are 2 newbies, but can't get enough golf. We started last winter at our course's sim from Dec-May. Must have dropped $1k in that sim.

So for this winter I decided to treat myself and bought the new GARMIN R10 launch monitor / simulator.
I've only played 2 holes on it, plus some range sessions so far, but it looks pretty accurate. Will be lots of fun this winter.
(Golf season here finishes this weekend til mid-May).

What you get

Launch monitor, tripod stand, bag clip for phone, protective case.

20211020_220644.jpg

Apps

You have your choice of 2 different apps with it.

Garmin's Home Tee Hero is $99/year for 42,000 courses. It is more cartoony. Have not tried the 30 day trial yet.
Screenshot_20211019-192612_Garmin Golf.jpg

E6 Connect is more realistic. Think PGA 2K21 video game, or what they have in the sim at your golf course.
You get 5 free courses and range on Ipad forever. 1 free course and range on PC forever. (That's what I tried on my laptop. Very nice)

Or can buy the licence at $300/yr to get 27 rotating courses and range on Ipad or PC. There's games as well. Closest to pin, things like that.

I think lots of people would be okay with the 5 free courses. Last winter when we paid to use the sim at our course, we basically played the same 5 courses all winter lol.

Screenshot_20211019-192627_Garmin Golf.jpg

Backyard or driving range
Besides playing courses on the sim, you also get a phone clip to put on your bag to bring the unit outside or to the range. Apparently at the range it is very precise as it sees more ball flight.

El cheapo garage setup
What made me pull the trigger is I found out that raising the bottom ceiling joists in my detached garage is a piece of cake, to get them from 8ft to 10ft. My carpenter says 1 day job and I can do it myself if I don't want to wait for him. (Will have my brother approve the changes as he designs trusses.)

Decided to go cheap for this 1st winter. Built a temporary 8x8 ft hitting screen out of a thick canvas tarp, with a regular tarp as 2nd layer behind it, tarp clips and ball bungees. ~$100
It's taking drives like champ, absorbs the ball and it immediately drops to floor.

I read online that projecting onto the canvas tarp looks pretty good too.
So will grab a decent projector next.
Supposedly a Vankyo @ ~$300 is giving some people decent sim results.
Debating trying that rather than going $1000+ for the more recognized brands.

I built a diy "divot action" hitting mat.
Next is building or buying a stance mat.

The whole setup for this winter won't be super nice. But it will be functional lol.

Picked up a Bushnell Launch Pro (identical to Foresight GC3). I use it out in the yard. I hook it up to a cheap 43in 4k TV and run some cables out from my gaming PC to run the simulator software. Absolute blast and my game has been dramatically improving after a couple recent lessons.

C17E5643-6959-4C7F-854A-72D1D0138AE0.jpeg
81894669-B89B-4158-99B3-94E3B3320E5A.jpeg

Picked up a Bushnell Launch Pro (identical to Foresight GC3). I use it out in the yard. I hook it up to a cheap 43in 4k TV and run some cables out from my gaming PC to run the simulator software. Absolute blast and my game has been dramatically improving after a couple recent lessons.

View attachment 959376View attachment 959377
What is the height of that tent? You can make full swings in it?

What is the height of that tent? You can make full swings in it?
Being a man of average stature.... lol I'm 5'7 so yes I am able to swing all my clubs. I'm not sure what the height is from the very center, maybe close to 12 feet and it slopes down around the edges. I swing off center to the right side. The only club I have hit off the frame a couple times was driver but I have dialed in where to swing from to avoid that. Overall the setup has been incredible. Coupled with a couple lessons from a local pro, my game has drastically improved. No more pull slices for this guy lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom