Golf mats, which one to buy? (1 Viewer)

GenghisKhan

Full House
Reaction score
Does anyone here have experience hitting off different golf mats? I'm a member of a few different golf sim groups, but think I would appreciate the opinion of a chipper more lol.

I'm trying to decide between just buying a hitting strip, or an entire hitting mat to stand on too. And which one.

My garage floor has interlocking foam gym mats wall to wall with green carpet over it.

I could use that to stand on, and cut into the carpet/foam to flush mount a hitting strip. My local golf club sim took that approach with CCE hitting strip that's probably only about $100-$150 for a strip.

It works for them so why wouldn't it work for me right? But I can't help but think a full hitting mat to stand on would look nice.

Cue the most popular choices I keep reading about.

Country Club Elite Real Feel - $400 CAD
As a beginner, the wife too, this can be hard on the wrists etc when you hit a fat shot.
CountryClubEliteMat.jpg

Fiberbuilt Grass Series - $1000 CAD
Looks very nice with the rubber liner and edge all around and has been my #1 goal tbh.
Hourglass-Pro---Single---3Q-UTL---Fairway_2160x2324.jpg

TrueStrike - $1258 CAD
Have read good reviews. Some people it's their favorite. Maybe a bit big for home sim and more commercial?
ts-mk7s.jpg

Other?
Have you tried others you'd recommend?

I'd appreciate hearing what you've tried.
Thanks!

@facinfears217 ?
@trigs
@Moxie Mike

I do not have an expensive mat at the moment, but I will most likely upgrade at some point.

I'd personally want to have a mat as opposed to a hitting strip as I'd want to make sure I'm hitting off the same level. As long as you can be sure the strip is level with your feet properly, then I think it would be fine. However, that is extra work to level everything.

That being said, if you are using it a ton, you will have to replace it eventually, and a strip is cheaper and easier to replace. Also, I believe you can get strips with varying levels of cut on them so you get the extra bonus of practicing in different lies.

When I do upgrade to a better mat, I want to get one that has a good cushion to it because they are closer to real grass and there are ones that you can actually just stick a tee into to tee up on. Although, I might just stick to the plastic tees that just sit on top of the mat.

That tru strike is awesome it’s huge compared to most. !!!

! I’d avoid the 1 piece super hard on wrist.

Fiber is good also if your limited on room.

Like he said above. Always find one that has sand and rough strips Ava to buy.

Seems like you’ve done a ton of research already if you narrowed it down to CCE, Fiberbuilt, and Truestrike.

Like others said, CCE is great if you don’t have a digger swing, otherwise it’s punishing on the hands and elbows.

I’m considering building something this year and have gone deep down the rabbit hole on GolfWRX. Have my eye on the Fiberbuilt 4x7 studio.

Rain Or Shine - Golf Mats

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom