Going to Vegas again. Who here likes the Flamingo? Suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Flamingo is nice - just try to get as recently renovated room as possible - $20 trick is worth a try, or even pay for an upgrade - paid $20 / night upgrade for mini-suite at the Linq and it was definitely worthwhile. Just tell them it's your anniversary and ask nicely for a complimentary upgrade and see what you can work it.

Reasonably cheap good lunch right next door in the Linq Promenade area at In & Out Burger and Jaburrito

CVS across the street just beyond Ballys to pick up items for your room

Walk 5-10 minutes opposite direction from strip to go to Trihonda's favorite - Ellis Island for cheap steak dinner

The Linq has a Hash House A Go Go - order one of their huge meals and split it

Stop in and see the Pokerkraut dealing at the Flamingo poker room and take a selfie - watch a few of his blogs before you go - great guy - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0bBq8d4Oc-LkC4eHg0CnmA

Run Good

1539221269149.png

I'm sold. If we can't get the Flamingo for a decent price we'll go Paris. But for certain want to be in the mid strip. We stayed at the new York, new York last time and were kind of bummed at the distance to the far end. This way we'll be a little closer. Thanks for all the good advice. The $20 trick is right up my wife's alley. She super stoked.

I stayed there 3 nights in May.
I especially appreciated the on line checking in and checking out.
Room was very clean.
Always open seats at the cash game tables.
Only issue : the security check in at the pool was incredible. I couldn't get in twice. I had to go to another Hôtel pool, in front on Flamingo :ninja:

It's becoming harder and harder to get the $20 trick to work these days. I've even seen a hotel (The Plaza) that did away completely with the front desk staff, check-in being done via kiosk. Also, I've read how some properties (Caesars) are pushing back against the trick, requiring the desk clerk to charge for the upgrade.

Basically, If the corporation knows you want to part with $20, they want to be the one collecting it.

I used a $50 at the Venetian. Got upgraded to the 32nd floor with a strip view. Was worth it, IMO.

It's becoming harder and harder to get the $20 trick to work these days. I've even seen a hotel (The Plaza) that did away completely with the front desk staff, check-in being done via kiosk. Also, I've read how some properties (Caesars) are pushing back against the trick, requiring the desk clerk to charge for the upgrade.

I went to the Park MGM (formerly the Monte Carlo) a few weeks ago fully prepared to try the $20 trick. I was a little worried about how to present the $20 and the request. I had my ID, credit, card, players card, and $20 all ready....then it was 100% kiosk...oh well. So I saved that $20 to pay for an overpriced lunch later.

love playing at the Flamingo. Still feels just a littleeee Bugsy. that said if Im staying with a woman and on that side of the strip the room is going to be in either Paris or PH and ill just walk to my game. Paris is very charming and the Miracle Mile Shops immediately downstairs at PH is usually worth something to the girls. Worth the $30 extra imo

Well all-in-all the advice here was terrific. I chose flyswoop.com for the flight and was blown away. My wife and I are flying direct from Hamilton (45 minutes away) with return for $409 CAD! Our entire stay at the Flamingo is under $300 in an upgraded room and when I mentioned it's our honeym
on trip he said to tell staff when we arrive and "they'll take care of us when we check in", whatever that means.

thanks all! (y) :thumbsup:

Well all-in-all the advice here was terrific. I chose flyswoop.com for the flight and was blown away. My wife and I are flying direct from Hamilton (45 minutes away) with return for $409 CAD! Our entire stay at the Flamingo is under $300 in an upgraded room and when I mentioned it's our honeym
on trip he said to tell staff when we arrive and "they'll take care of us when we check in", whatever that means.

thanks all! (y) :thumbsup:

When are you going? My next trip is in January.

Stayed there this March. Room was dated. Barely stayed in it. Fun poker room, fun $1-$2 game. They have some low entry super fast tourneys. Great location. Great little strip between the Flamingo and Linq that has plenty of places to eat. Easy walk to higher end Poker Rooms/Tourneys at the Venetian or Aria

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom