Going down the rabbit hole... Paulsons, CPC, CCs, DDLM, TIKIs - SO MANY OPTIONS, SO LITTLE FUNDS... (1 Viewer)

As a long time custom chipper, I will tell you that generally, customized chips do NOT have great resale value (hall of fame or not). You would be lucky to get 1/2 of the original cost. There are very few second hand customs out there that I would justify paying the same amount as a new custom purchase from CPC.

with that said customs are awesome and I would recommend that route if you can afford it. If you are afraid that your taste will change (and they mostlikely will) with time then go for a simple, classic design. Perhaps some solid customs at CPC , followed with add ons in the future when you have additional funds.
Yeah this is totally true Anybody who thinks custom CPC's will resell for anything close to retail price is mistaken Half is about right And that's just because CPC inlays are so easy to pop off

Yeah this is totally true Anybody who thinks custom CPC's will resell for anything close to retail price is mistaken Half is about right And that's just because CPC inlays are so easy to pop off
It’s been many years since my last custom purchase. They still have issues with inlays popping off?

It’s been many years since my last custom purchase. They still have issues with inlays popping off?
I've never owned a set. I don't think so. Just people who are trying to relabel somebody else's chips have reported that it's easy to do

I've never owned a set. I don't think so. Just people who are trying to relabel somebody else's chips have reported that it's easy to do

Anyone have some examples of relabeled CPCs? Just want to know if it's doable if I came across some blanks.

I’m new. I was interested in CC. Ordered a couple of samples and glad I did because I discovered it wasn’t for me. A lot of personal preference though - you may like them.

I went with Tikis but I’m sure they aren’t the favorite of many here. I like them.

With that being said, I’ve already ordered CPC samples and a couple of different Paulson options. Already thinking about what I want next. I guess that’s the disease. Good luck!

Thanks! I'm starting to lean more towards a modest CPC set - started playing around with the design tool today haha. I got samples for the CCs I was interested in and same as you, I'm not that excited about them anymore. Royals were my favorite ahead of the Dunes, Pharoah's, and Milanos. They're all still pretty solid, but I might as well just go for broke! Everyone on here has given me some great advice - thanks again!

Thanks! I'm starting to lean more towards a modest CPC set - started playing around with the design tool today haha. I got samples for the CCs I was interested in and same as you, I'm not that excited about them anymore. Royals were my favorite ahead of the Dunes, Pharoah's, and Milanos. They're all still pretty solid, but I might as well just go for broke! Everyone on here has given me some great advice - thanks again!

I ended up getting sample Majestic and Milanos. There are a lot of other CC options, but comparing it to CPCs and ceramics helped me decide it wasn’t for me.

I like the stock CPC Atlantic Club amold chips. They have the stock 300/500 piece sets you can purchase. Also a fan of their hotstamp chips. I like those more than I thought I would. But of course you gotta get samples and have other options to compare them to.

I just found some Aurora Star Tournament samples. Haven’t seen them yet but I’m excited. My next step is figuring out if my wife will notice $2k missing from our bank account.

I ended up getting sample Majestic and Milanos. There are a lot of other CC options, but comparing it to CPCs and ceramics helped me decide it wasn’t for me.

I like the stock CPC Atlantic Club amold chips. They have the stock 300/500 piece sets you can purchase. Also a fan of their hotstamp chips. I like those more than I thought I would. But of course you gotta get samples and have other options to compare them to.

I just found some Aurora Star Tournament samples. Haven’t seen them yet but I’m excited. My next step is figuring out if my wife will notice $2k missing from our bank account.

The Aurora Star chips sent me down this path! I'm a big fan of the color scheme and designs.

Recently I can think of Bean Town poker popping off some inlays and relabeling some CPC A-molds
@sheikh617
20200208_113704.jpg

These are relabeled CPC A molds. Nothing crazy except it was a PITA getting labels off and I don't think you can use non acetone nail polish removed on the CPC formula so it might have been a bigger pain to get these off than on Paulsons. They're supposed to be easier, but if the chips is older, the glue can get brittle and harder to get the label off cleanly, so it leave sticker paper residue and cleaning is a lot of effort.

In my experience CPC pops off easily with an exacto knife, and aggressive angle, and a bit of force. I have done over 2000 with little issue and nothing but exacto knife and some bandaids for the thumb that is holding the chip

In my experience CPC pops off easily with an exacto knife, and aggressive angle, and a bit of force. I have done over 2000 with little issue and nothing but exacto knife and some bandaids for the thumb that is holding the chip
Yeah it all depends on the age of your chip. Gear himself has stated that older CPC’s can be worse than Paulsons so as long as your chip batch is fine, it should be relatively fast. I’ve murdered THC, IHC, and a-mold chips and by at the a-molds were the worst.

View attachment 426728

These are relabeled CPC A molds. Nothing crazy except it was a PITA getting labels off and I don't think you can use non acetone nail polish removed on the CPC formula so it might have been a bigger pain to get these off than on Paulsons. They're supposed to be easier, but if the chips is older, the glue can get brittle and harder to get the label off cleanly, so it leave sticker paper residue and cleaning is a lot of effort.

Thanks for the post!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom