Go-To Play Time Stocking Stuffers? (1 Viewer)

Ronoh

Full House
Reaction score
For the last few years since my kids got too big for toys I always include a few things in their stockings to be played with throughout the day... as my folks are around and my brothers come to town it's nice to have something lying around anyone can pick up and mess around with during the holiday festivities. I always get a few Hanayama puzzles, some random math and logic books and some various magnetic things and am curious if you guys have any go-to random playthings you typically include on Christmas day? Happened to see a Rubix Cube in Wal-Mart the other day so grabbed that and a Rubix Pyramid to throw in as well. Never learned how to solve them so of course I sat down and learned with the help of Mr Google. Won't be setting any speed records and still seeing the letters in my head instead of just knowing the moves to make but happy to say I can now pick up a cube and solve it in a couple minutes without a cheat sheet :) Haven't started the Pyramid yet.

Anyhow, any other suggestions?

Won't be setting any speed records and still seeing the letters in my head instead of just knowing the moves to make but happy to say I can now pick up a cube and solve it in a couple minutes without a cheat sheet

The only time I ever timed myself, it took me 1:38.

Its a diminishing skill, so stay after it or you'll forget the algorithms.

Also, the pyramid is easier. Same concept as solving the cube, but less to worry about. I learned to solve it just by observing what each twist does. There are not as many possibilities with the pyramid.

Funko collectibles come in all sizes, every brand, every comic book, tv show movie athlete you can think of

Funko collectibles come in all sizes, every brand, every comic book, tv show movie athlete you can think of

I eBay searched the favorite athlete of my oldest two sons... 1 out of 2 ain't bad...

EDIT: Lol, my wife has always enjoyed Sting's music... Taken her to see him in concert a few times... I thought I'd check out his Funko Pop on eBay...

Lol.

Dunno, I’ve yet to see POTC in the smaller ones. I need a mini Captain Jack to counter @k9dr Jon Snow.

Yeah, I have that... it’s regular size which is far too big for card capper use.

C4CB0351-E889-4290-982F-6CC2600896C3.jpeg

Lee Valley trick bolts. Satisfying, high-quality, elegant puzzles.

979AEF18-E092-45CA-A9ED-803A26F5DE87.jpeg

Got my first Funko POP this year in the stocking, so now I feel like one of the hip kids. Isn’t she purdy?

A small LEGO set has been our perennial go-to. This year’s is a special limited edition MAX light rail set - I think they sold out online in under 2 minutes.

Last year’s hit was “The Big Book of IQ Tests.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom