Ghoti's Room (1 Viewer)

Thanks for all the love, guys.

I've gone back and forth between those two options but I have been tending towards the walk up, mainly because it takes up less space and I want to keep the room as spacious as possible (when we need more tables, being one reason).

Thanks for the input.

My son and I have a pretty strong dust mite allergy, so that's a no-go on the carpet :(

Yup! Here's a shot with the round folding table out:

View attachment 392820

I'm looking to eventually get a second folding table--upgrading the round one--and have the round one in the pic as a third when needed.

It is:

View attachment 392822

Thanks! I paid for it in blood as well:

View attachment 392823

The nail's halfway grown back by now!
Ouch, that nail looks painful! What model Martin? I have a Martin D28 that I bought brand new in 1976. It was a chunk of change back then. Sadly it doesn’t get played enough these days. My son is starting to pick it up so that makes me happy!

I really suck at taking photos during my games. The problem is that I use my phone as the tournament clock, and I don't like making a "scene" out of the whole thing. I'm hoping to remedy that in the near future by getting a tv downstairs. Anyways, here's ONE shot I managed to get off during our second game in the new room:

View attachment 399059

10 players, €20 buyin with unlimited reentry during the first 5 levels. €5 bounty. We got the prize pool over €300 and I ended up chopping it heads up.

Played mixed cash afterwards: SOHE, crazy pineapple, plo, stud and a few flips in between. I'll make sure and get some cash game pics next time around.
I must admit it takes some amount of talent to photograph 3 stacks of chips and manage to make all 3 inlays illegible :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Ouch, that nail looks painful! What model Martin? I have a Martin D28 that I bought brand new in 1976. It was a chunk of change back then. Sadly it doesn’t get played enough these days. My son is starting to pick it up so that makes me happy!

Nice. I have to check--tbh I have no business having such a nice guitar (although I do enjoy playing it). It was probably bought around the same time as yours. My mom bought it for my dad as a gift shortly after they met each other, and he gave it to me as a graduation present when I finished high school. I'll have a look when I get home.

Stacks are counted out for Saturday's game:

IMG_20200207_204744940.jpg
IMG_20200207_204700542.jpg

And I more or less opened a library for the neighborhood last night. The first book on loan:

IMG_20200216_093440174.jpg

(If you haven't read it, it's incredible)

They re-released it, so that one in the pic is new. But that deck was originally around when I first got into skating, in the late 90s--that's why I had to buy it! If I remember correctly the original was light orange??? I think it was also a mini.

Love the flooring! Agree needs some art. Even some temporary posters would help a lot. +1 for the walk-up bar.

looking forward to updates!

They re-released it, so that one in the pic is new. But that deck was originally around when I first got into skating, in the late 90s--that's why I had to buy it! If I remember correctly the original was light orange??? I think it was also a mini.

Ya thats what I was wondering. Would be awesome if it was original.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom