Getting poker chip samples from Apache: Shipping costs (1 Viewer)

TudiscoKid

Pair
Reaction score
Hi, new member here!
Long story short, I'm hosting weekly games at my place and have had an amazing group down here in Mexico City. I got the 4-colour deck from Copag, the poker mat from Slowplay as well as 10 of their plaques, a real dealer button, now I'm considering replacing my generic Amazon chips!

My eyes are set on the Royal Card Room chips, they look truly amazing, I love the design.
I checked ApachePokerChips.com, prices were decent until you hit the "calculate shipping cost".

So, before making any order, I thought I may as well get a sample, shouldn't be too expensive right? Fits in an envelope... well, it was a whopping $49 to ship this 10 poker chip sample to Mexico City!

Does anyone know where or how I could get that sample for way cheaper? Thanks!

Hi, new member here!
Long story short, I'm hosting weekly games at my place and have had an amazing group down here in Mexico City. I got the 4-colour deck from Copag, the poker mat from Slowplay as well as 10 of their plaques, a real dealer button, now I'm considering replacing my generic Amazon chips!

My eyes are set on the Royal Card Room chips, they look truly amazing, I love the design.
I checked ApachePokerChips.com, prices were decent until you hit the "calculate shipping cost".

So, before making any order, I thought I may as well get a sample, shouldn't be too expensive right? Fits in an envelope... well, it was a whopping $49 to ship this 10 poker chip sample to Mexico City!

Does anyone know where or how I could get that sample for way cheaper? Thanks!
I'm sure others will chime in here, but just going on line to USPS, it's seems like the *base* rate flat padded envelope to MEX starts $29.60. When I put in Flat Rate Padded Envelope International (under 1lbs) I get $40.45. So that doesn't seem that far off. Have you tried contacting Apache directly to see if there is some other option? I have found them very pleasant and responsive.

Welcome aboard by the way!

I second the advice to try contacting Apache directly. The shipping calculator on the Apache website might be oversimplified and not calculate all the nuance of international shipping. Full retail price at USPS for 10 chips should be around $15, so commercial rate can be less.

I can send you these if you want. Just pay for shipping from Canada. Let me know, and if you want them, I can take them to the post office on Monday or Tuesday.
9B9C63DC-C056-4CEF-97E0-287D31E4D889.jpeg

The $5’s have no labels, and the $0.25s and $100,000 have been relabeled with gear labels

I can send you these if you want. Just pay for shipping from Canada. Let me know, and if you want them, I can take them to the post office on Monday or Tuesday.
View attachment 1057505
The $5’s have no labels, and the $0.25s and $100,000 have been relabeled with gear labels
How much would the shipping be to Mexico City?

I used to live in Toronto for a year and a half, no idea if that's where you live too, I still have some friends there that are coming down to see me soon, so that could be an option. ^^ Anyway thanks for the help, I really appreciate it, let's see the shipping costs to Mexico first.

Another option: find a member on this site that is planning a trip to Mexico City in the near future. Have Apache ship to them (at the US shipping price). Meet your new best chipping friend at the airport, and maybe even invite him to sit in on your home game. Rinse and repeat when you purchase the full set. You get chips for a reduced shipping cost and make a couple of new friends along the way!

Ok, I’ll check and see what the shipping will be on Monday and let you know
Thanks a lot, it's very nice of you!

Another option: find a member on this site that is planning a trip to Mexico City in the near future. Have Apache ship to them (at the US shipping price). Meet your new best chipping friend at the airport, and maybe even invite him to sit in on your home game. Rinse and repeat when you purchase the full set. You get chips for a reduced shipping cost and make a couple of new friends along the way!
Absolutely, I'd show them around even, If I can get the 500 Royal chips I'm planning to buy, that'd be awesome.

I'd also be curious to see if there was a way to ship 700 Monte Carlo chip or Royal card Room to Mexico for a decent price. Should I post a thread?

Apache got back to me with a very short and concise reply "We're not shipping to Mexico". Which is strange since the country is listed when proceeding to payment.

I'd also be curious to see if there was a way to ship 700 Monte Carlo chip or Royal card Room to Mexico for a decent price. Should I post a thread?

Apache got back to me with a very short and concise reply "We're not shipping to Mexico". Which is strange since the country is listed when proceeding to payment.
Got the same reply twice through the years. I even offered to pay through DHL, Fedex or anything similar and the answer was no.

Got the same reply twice through the years. I even offered to pay through DHL, Fedex or anything similar and the answer was no.
Damn! That really sucks. Even if we both bulk order? We could find someone here to help maybe, and reduce the costs.

FWIW I want to buy two dunes dealer buttons from Apache and the thought of paying $20 to ship something that costs $13 is pretty unpalatable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom