Generic High Hand plaque from MSK interest. (1 Viewer)

Hey again, guys. I apologize for the extended delay in moving forward with this. Just a quick question. Is it preferred by most to completely omit the writable surface / dry erase idea? I get that some have qualms using ink on the felts.

Steve/Quick
How would you know what the high hand was?

Why do you need the Jeton? Just write the persons name on the same board you are documenting the ‘hand’.
I agree. I vote to keep the writable surface. For those that are worried about the ink on felt, just don’t write anything on the jeton. Use it as the high hand marker. But at least this gives the option for those that do want to write on it.

I agree. I vote to keep the writable surface. For those that are worried about the ink on felt, just don’t write anything on the jeton. Use it as the high hand marker. But at least this gives the option for those that do want to write on it.

Why do you need the Jeton? Just write the persons name on the same board you are documenting the ‘hand’.
Why do I need poker chips? Why not just keep a tablet in front of me?

Lmao! This is poker chip forum

That question isn't even valid. Lmao!

Why do I need a jeton! Roflmao

Why do I need a jeton!
You don’t.
6833B248-D29F-4C68-B407-15361FC80569.jpeg

JK :sneaky: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

At my games we don't also document our chip counts/bets/whose deal it is/etc on a white board. Yours sounds like a interesting home game though. How many hands are you getting through an hour? You really should start to just letting the Chips/Buttons/etc do most of the work it will save on your quads.

At my games we don't also document our chip counts/bets/whose deal it is/etc on a white board. Yours sounds like a interesting home game though. How many hands are you getting through an hour? You really should start to just letting the Chips/Buttons/etc do most of the work it will save on your quads.

Who invited the cheer bear?

How many hands are you getting through an hour? You really should start to just letting the Chips/Buttons/etc do most of the work it will save on your quads.
tenor (7).gif

Can't answer the question. Never counted or cared to count. My game runs pretty smoothly I'd say. I receive plenty of positive feedback and would not change a thing.

@Jeevansluck I'm not sure you understood what I was saying.

Anyway, I'm still interested in one of these hopefully "'writeable' High Hand Jackpot" jetons.
Perhaps I'm missing something.

I'm a new host. I have 2 of these oval "Silver Tongue" design jetons already. The high hand has never been lower than a full house so it's just a matter of tossing the thing to the player who makes the hand. I simply turn around and type into the "notes" section of the "Tournament Director" software.

Paperless. Effortless. No need for a marker, pen, or any writing utensils at all. My quads don't suffer.

My game suffers, because I suck, but my hosting is getting along alright.

My point was that you don’t document chip counts, bets, dealer, etc in your software. So why start with this?
My joke about the quads and ‘hands per hour’ was that you were getting up to write on a board anything that you are already documenting with chips, buttons, jetons. For every bet, for every time the deal rotates, for every game type played, for high/low hand. This is PCF let the chips, buttons, jetons do the documenting.

Of course you could order(find in a dumpster) some dice chips and just write the color/denominations on a white board, but be aware that this community will frown upon this...

I'll try to mediate peace.

@Forever to Thee, what @Jeevansluck meant here:

was, if I read it correctly, that he jokingly alluded to that just like everyone else on this site he's an addict that will jump on every opportunity to buy more poker related stuff. Hell, there isn't anyone here who wouldn't jump on the idea to buy chips to facilitate toilet breaks if someone came up with a way they could be used for that.

I think you may have taken it wrong.

My point was that you don’t document chip counts, bets, dealer, etc in your software. So why start with this?
My joke about the quads and ‘hands per hour’ was that you were getting up to write on a board anything that you are already documenting with chips, buttons, jetons. For every bet, for every time the deal rotates, for every game type played, for high/low hand. This is PCF let the chips, buttons, jetons do the documenting.

Of course you could order(find in a dumpster) some dice chips and just write the color/denominations on a white board, but be aware that this community will frown upon this...
I'll try to mediate peace.

@Forever to Thee, what @Jeevansluck meant here:

was, if I read it correctly, that he jokingly alluded to that just like everyone else on this site he's an addict that will jump on every opportunity to buy more poker related stuff. Hell, there isn't anyone here who wouldn't jump on the idea to buy chips to facilitate toilet breaks if someone came up with a way they could be used for that.

I think you may have taken it wrong.

Yes. We are all diseased somehow. Lol!

Sorry for the misunderstanding. No need for making of peace. All good.

I was openly debating something that didn't need to be. I can be a bit of a bafoon!

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Not because I want to throw gasoline on the fire or anything, but just in case you're addressing this to me I want to be clear that I wasn't accusing you of misunderstanding anything. If you're addressing @Forever to Thee, well then....c'mon, that's no way to win an online argument!! ;) :D

Hell, there isn't anyone here who wouldn't jump on the idea to buy chips to facilitate toilet breaks if someone came up with a way they could be used for that.
Awesome idea!!!! Now in addition to custom Bounty chips, Rebuy chips, Show ‘em chips and Rabbit Hunting chips, I’m going to design a Potty Break chip! Or maybe two - a #1 and a #2 chip!

Last edited:
Total thread derailment... sorry Steve! @BonScot we definitely missed out on this idea with the scrub donkeys.... how awesome would a chip with a donkey leg up takin a leak on a Bush on one side and you amazing $2 dump donkey on the other... ohh so often people jump up and hit the can and we all wait a minute or two to see how long they will be, especially when they are I the blinds... if they left their pitty break chip showing #1 or #2 we would already know rather to wait or not.... you guys are on to something here!! Lol

Getting back to the original topic, do we know the approximate cost? I might be interested, depending on price.
Sadly, MSK won’t discuss their prices and price points anymore. Kinda weird. That said, I can figure out prices based on repeated updates to the order. I’ll send them a ballpark number. See what we get. Then I’ll send a new order with more and see how the price changes. Until we have a set number I won’t harass their CS team.

Steve do you have a talley with total intrest noted? Want to make sure I'm on the list, but you know anything you make I am usually in for at least (2)!!

Based off past buys oval plaque buys. Isnt it safe to say these should be around $8 - $10 each? Or are you expecting these to run higher?

Steve do you have a talley with total intrest noted? Want to make sure I'm on the list, but you know anything you make I am usually in for at least (2)!!

Based off past buys oval plaque buys. Isnt it safe to say these should be around $8 - $10 each? Or are you expecting these to run higher?
I don’t. I find that people can be quite fickle. At this point of the process it is very hard to keep everybody happy. Not unlike any group buy. I’ll do my best to keep people happy but it’s a crap shoot. It might be neat to run a poll. I’ll set one up tomorrow.

A) high hand of the night
B) high hand of the game
Etc...
It’ll serve two purposes. One; it’ll give us an idea on interest. Two; it’ll serve to help guide me.
I can seetwo versions being viable as far as production value and per-unit cost. If we can get at least 10-15 of each the price should be around $6-$8 each, but don’t quote me on that. I know straight up for a few they start at $10+ each.

It might be neat to run a poll. I’ll set one up tomorrow.
If there ever was a poll (or a group buy), I missed it.

Even though I have preferences, I'll be buying 2 regardless of design if this goes forward. Hell, I could even make a down payment today!

Reactions: TKO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom