General Crypto, HODLing, and Taking Profits (1 Viewer)

Cubans have about doubled recently. :unsure: ;)
404A81B5-9B34-4955-9DCE-11AA867DB3F3.jpeg
C121F4ED-9FA2-40A2-9EF0-49EF18079542.jpeg
AAE7FE69-09F8-479D-9B50-3776EE11311D.jpeg

Anyone else have coins/tokens stuck on Celsius? have about $1k current value on there, so not a huge loss if they file for bankruptcy but a loss nonetheless. All in BTC and ETH

Not your keys, not your crypto indeed.
That sucks. I keep all tokens on a ledger nano plus. I don’t trust any of the exchanges for custody. I’ll buy on Coinbase but move immediately once the waiting period is over.

I saw today that coinflex is freezing withdrawals due to a default and that’s interesting because Doug Polk has been promoting them for months. Be interested in what he says about that…

Use cold wallets!!!!!!

That sucks. I keep all tokens on a ledger nano plus. I don’t trust any of the exchanges for custody. I’ll buy on Coinbase but move immediately once the waiting period is over.

I saw today that coinflex is freezing withdrawals due to a default and that’s interesting because Doug Polk has been promoting them for months. Be interested in what he says about that…

Use cold wallets!!!!!!

Not sure why I haven’t used cold wallets yet but 100% planning on buying a Trezor as my main storage and a Ledger for those coins that Trezor doesn’t support. :tup::tup:

Yeah people have been asking Doug to speak up on Reddit. Not sure if he’s responded yet.

Wonder how many people bought Bitcoin Latinum and moved it to Coinflex because of Phil and Doug. :LOL: :laugh: Funny not funny

Anyone else have coins/tokens stuck on Celsius? have about $1k current value on there, so not a huge loss if they file for bankruptcy but a loss nonetheless. All in BTC and ETH

I've got a few g's in Celsius. Mainly being USDC and BTC. More USDC than BTC. I tried to grab everything out of there and moved it to my Ledger before anything like this would have started. I'm hoping that nothing will be lost, but it won't be the end of the world if it is. All my ETH is on my cold wallet and a majority of my BTC. Then I've started to move altcoins onto there too.

If any large firm helps out Celsius than it will be okay. I've started to literally move everything I buy onto my Ledger in case something horrible does happen.

Also curious what everyone plans on buying during this bear.

Not looking for financial advice, more curious what projects others are interested in.

My main bag is gonna be 80% BTC, 15%ETH, 5%SOL

Probably throw $100 each into MATIC/LINK/NEAR if they hit my price targets.

Possibly $100 each into ALGO/AVAX/ATOM/XTZ but more research is needed

Didn’t Celsius freeze all withdrawals last week or the week before?

I’m dollar cost averaging buys 50% BTC 30%ETH and 20%SOL. Similar to your mix. I’ve been destroyed in SOL L2s like Raydium so haven’t been adding to those beyond what is staked and growing there.

I’m keeping my SOL unstaked for the moment until all these market failures sort out. I do like mSol though and haven’t heard bad things about marinade yet so considering swapping SOL into that at some point.

Not looking for financial advice, more curious what projects others are interested in.

I'm mainly in BTC, ETH, MATIC & ADA for the moment. I did have quite a bit of GRT (should've taken profits there). Can't remember off the top of my head right now, but basically split 50/50 stocks and crypto at the moment.

I'd say I have about 98% invested or something crazy like that. I'm young and just couldn't justify letting my money sit in a savings account because it wasn't doing anything. I'd much rather see large swings like I have over the past year or so.

I am planning to wait a bit as I think there is more pain incoming. There is too much stuff going on macro wise that is not positive for the markets and some of which is black swan-ish.

- Ukraine War (not quickly resolved and feeding energy and food problems)
- Inflation (people won't buy crypto when they can't afford food/gas)
- Fed QT

At best I think we can hope for choppy markets and at worst things tank another 50%.

If BTC hits 10K or gets close to it I will be awfully tempted to buy.

If your horizon is longer term then probably DCAing anytime during the bear is going to work out fine. The problem is you could buy now and prices could chop around for 2 years. I would rather wait until the general macro environment shifts to positive even if that means not buying the absolute bottom.

I’m dollar cost averaging buys 50% BTC 30%ETH and 20%SOL. Similar to your mix. I’ve been destroyed in SOL L2s like Raydium so haven’t been adding to those beyond what is staked and growing there.

I’m keeping my SOL unstaked for the moment until all these market failures sort out. I do like mSol though and haven’t heard bad things about marinade yet so considering swapping SOL into that at some point.

Have all my SOL in Marinade and even swapped 2 of my low cap alts into SOL. Only staking for MNDE for now and swapping that on Orca into mSOL to restake on Marinade every epoch.

Tried LPing on Cardano, didn’t care for the impermanent loss risk and decided that route isn’t for me.

Don’t think it’s in me to go completely DEFI degen haha

Have all my SOL in Marinade and even swapped 2 of my low cap alts into SOL. Only staking for MNDE for now and swapping that on Orca into mSOL to restake on Marinade every epoch.

Tried LPing on Cardano, didn’t care for the impermanent loss risk and decided that route isn’t for me.

I keep meaning to try out the SOL eco system but I haven't done so yet (lazy). I hear it is fast and cheap. Try out the AVAX eco system, I really like it. Trader Joe and Platypus are good UI protocols. Trader Joe is a DEX and Platypus is a stable coin swap with low slippage.

I have LPs with Msol / USDC and it’s fun to harvest that.

I also have a disaster LP with PreAnna which I got I when I won the Raydium Accelerator lottery and got a unit at the ICO price which went up 600%. I minted Liquity tokens at the top because the apr was like 300%. Then it all crashed. I’m still making over 100% apr but the token is worth a lot less lol.

None of the above is big dollars I’m just playing with it to learn how the markets work.

I'm mainly in BTC, ETH, MATIC & ADA for the moment. I did have quite a bit of GRT (should've taken profits there). Can't remember off the top of my head right now, but basically split 50/50 stocks and crypto at the moment.

I'd say I have about 98% invested or something crazy like that. I'm young and just couldn't justify letting my money sit in a savings account because it wasn't doing anything. I'd much rather see large swings like I have over the past year or so.
I have absolutely no clue about this crypto stuff and I know that I’m just going to eventually go away like the dinosaurs and I’m just fine with that. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I know this is going to sound real boring Oscar but the best investments I ever made in life are in a solid diversified stock portfolio and property.
Poker chips haven’t been so bad either. ;)

I would venture to say that if you invest in the things I’ve mentioned, they will most definitely be worth much more for you in 30 years. Crypto still seems like a huge “crap shoot” to me. As much as I enjoy a good crap session, I’m always looking for the opportunity to take my winnings.

Sound solid investments for the win long term.

I know this is going to sound real boring Oscar but the best investments I ever made in life are in a solid diversified stock portfolio and property.
Poker chips haven’t been so bad either. ;)
Doesn't sound boring to me! Anything that can help me out in the future when I'm older or even in a few years would be considered a win by me.

Chips are an "investment" too. Those have been a good one so far I'd say.

I am in crypto because of online poker. I was planning to sell at 50k and walk away with a nice little profit. Still waiting....

Kind of stuck with holding now. I don't need it at the moment.

My little bit is in BTC on Coinbase pro just waiting to be sold.

I am planning to wait a bit as I think there is more pain incoming. There is too much stuff going on macro wise that is not positive for the markets and some of which is black swan-ish.

Completely agree. My last limit order filled when BTC first hit $20k and I have 4-6 different price targets all the way down to $7k. Once it goes back below 20 again I’ll put in an order or two and layer in heavier as the price drops.

After that the plan is to DCA monthly until the next halving.
I keep meaning to try out the SOL eco system but I haven't done so yet (lazy). I hear it is fast and cheap. Try out the AVAX eco system, I really like it. Trader Joe and Platypus are good UI protocols. Trader Joe is a DEX and Platypus is a stable coin swap with low slippage.

Have heard/read good things about Trader Joe and AVAX but yeah, Solana is super fast and cheap. Are they an ETH killer? I don’t think so, at least not in the way that people mean. I think Solana could be huge as they seem to be targeting mass adoption via people who want to get into web 3 but don’t care what optimistic rollups are or what the differences between POW and POS are.

Ethereum will still be there for the hardcore crypto heads who believe in decentralization IMO

I've officially moved about 85-90% of my crypto off of exchanges and onto my Ledger. If I would have known something like this was going to happen I would've done it much earlier.

I'm sure many of you that are in crypto have heard the Celsius paused all withdrawals, deposits and trading. Voyager just recently did it too. I'm sure they aren't going to be the only ones that are going to be doing it too. As more and more people get worried about what's to come I'm sure there will be more and more wishing that they had bought a Ledger earlier and known about something like it. I stated that I still had a couple g's on Celsius that I wasn't too worried about losing if something terrible was going to happen (which I'm still okay with). Majority of it being USDC because it was going to give me a much better interest return than sitting in my Wells Fargo savings account. I got all my ADA offline today. Pulled everything offline that my Ledger is capable of holding and storing which is making me feel much better.

Everything I buy from now on is going to the Ledger immediately. I'll move something out of there onto an exchange if I seriously need it, but at this time I don't need any of it. This is the reason that they say you should ONLY invest what you are willing to lose.

Am I saying that I'm going to lose the money that I have invested into crypto? No.
Am I currently worried about that money? No.
Will Celsius come back from all of this negative news? Yes, I believe so.
Will other exchanges pause deposits, withdrawals and trading? I think so.
Do I wish I knew about a Ledger a little earlier? Yes.

With that being said, I still feel like we have a ways to go down from here. Not sure how low, but possibly $10k BTC and a few hundred for ETH. I'm seriously going to try and not buy as many chips as I have been and spending money on other things. Everything is going to crypto and stocks as I did for a majority of 2020-2021. It's time to load up and I'm not playing around.

I've officially moved about 85-90% of my crypto off of exchanges and onto my Ledger. If I would have known something like this was going to happen I would've done it much earlier.

I'm sure many of you that are in crypto have heard the Celsius paused all withdrawals, deposits and trading. Voyager just recently did it too. I'm sure they aren't going to be the only ones that are going to be doing it too. As more and more people get worried about what's to come I'm sure there will be more and more wishing that they had bought a Ledger earlier and known about something like it. I stated that I still had a couple g's on Celsius that I wasn't too worried about losing if something terrible was going to happen (which I'm still okay with). Majority of it being USDC because it was going to give me a much better interest return than sitting in my Wells Fargo savings account. I got all my ADA offline today. Pulled everything offline that my Ledger is capable of holding and storing which is making me feel much better.

Everything I buy from now on is going to the Ledger immediately. I'll move something out of there onto an exchange if I seriously need it, but at this time I don't need any of it. This is the reason that they say you should ONLY invest what you are willing to lose.

Am I saying that I'm going to lose the money that I have invested into crypto? No.
Am I currently worried about that money? No.
Will Celsius come back from all of this negative news? Yes, I believe so.
Will other exchanges pause deposits, withdrawals and trading? I think so.
Do I wish I knew about a Ledger a little earlier? Yes.

With that being said, I still feel like we have a ways to go down from here. Not sure how low, but possibly $10k BTC and a few hundred for ETH. I'm seriously going to try and not buy as many chips as I have been and spending money on other things. Everything is going to crypto and stocks as I did for a majority of 2020-2021. It's time to load up and I'm not playing around.
Good job getting tokens on a cold wallet. Everyone with crypto should do this if you haven’t.

Anybody else buy crypto during the dip? Just saw that Solona cracked $90 today. Holy turnaround Batman!

Don't forget to keep your tokens safely on a hardware wallet like Ledger people!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom