Gemaco promotional no more (1 Viewer)

HeWhoWouldPun

Straight
Supporter
Reaction score
4EE9EA44-8DD1-46CA-B4CF-524A81856021.jpeg

Saw that Gemaco is no longer offering promotional goods. Any guesses how this might change availability of certain chips like Monaco and Elite (since base chips were the same as the promotional chips)? Does this mean the PCF tournament chips just went up in value due to inability to replicate?

Also, which not-a-group-buy made someone mad enough to shut down an entire segment of their business?

Monaco, Elite, and the PCF tourney chips were all Gemaco promotional chip sets. Assuming that the announcement includes chips, then however many of each that were already made, is all that there is.

I’m one of the few who made my own custom set from these chips. I’ll use the term custom loosely as they are quite plain and uninspiring but I do still like them. Did anyone else make a custom set?
Love to see pics. Future collectibles?!

Monaco, Elite, and the PCF tourney chips were all Gemaco promotional chip sets. Assuming that the announcement includes chips, then however many of each that were already made, is all that there is.
Are there any production numbers available for each set? Presumably Apache and PCF have accurate numbers for three sets.

I made a 600 piece set. 150-25 for quarters 200-1 for ones and 250-5 for fivers. They are really nice chips but like I said my design is well...basic. I thought I had to do advertising chips with no $ on them. They accepted these and designed them from a hand drawing made by me. Let me tell you I can draw just like the accountant I am!
CFA4EE2E-A73B-4126-809F-6C6B5A0B382F.jpeg

I made a 600 piece set. 150-25 for quarters 200-1 for ones and 250-5 for fivers. They are really nice chips but like I said my design is well...basic. I thought I had to do advertising chips with no $ on them. They accepted these and designed them from a hand drawing made by me. Let me tell you I can draw just like the accountant I am!
View attachment 529389
Cool design. Which custom chip maker did you go through?

You actually had to pick a distributor from a list that Gemaco provided. It just so happened that a screen printing/advertising promotional type company in the same city where I work (Taylor, Michigan) was listed. I sent my drawing in to Gemaco via email and they mailed my chips to the company in Taylor who if I recall correctly marked them up a little to around a buck each. The whole process took like 6 weeks. Then shortly after I received them…no more. I’m glad I did it but I could have done much better.

You actually had to pick a distributor from a list that Gemaco provided. It just so happened that a screen printing/advertising promotional type company in the same city where I work (Taylor, Michigan) was listed. I sent my drawing in to Gemaco via email and they mailed my chips to the company in Taylor who if I recall correctly marked them up a little to around a buck each. The whole process took like 6 weeks. Then shortly after I received them…no more. I’m glad I did it but I could have done much better.
I see, so chances are if I want to reproduce the same style, it would have to be from a different independent company (considering gemaco no longer provides chips to customers) and the style might be close but not exactly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom