Gear inlay replacement (1 Viewer)

kaimat

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
If I can't find any JACK quarters I am thinking about going with Gear's inlay replacement. I was wondering if anyone here had done this in the past and would be willing to post some pictures of the work.

My current plan would be to replace the inlays on some secondary $500s, which is roughly $700/rack for the chips and replacing the inlays, about the same as I'd be willing to pay for a rack of genuine JACK quarters. If the inlay replacement is as good as the original I think I'd be happier with the purple fracs over the orange fracs.

If anyone has had inlays replaced on RHCs please share!

I butchered a few Cinci 5s to test - did some overlabels, replacement w/ smooth laminate, and replacement w/ matte laminate. They all have their pros and cons, but none of them are the real deal. Overlabels look duller and feel thicker in the hand, which I didn’t care for. They sound closest to the real thing though, because they maintain the plastic inlay. Removing/replacing the inlays gives them a more hollow sound (a clack, instead of a click, if you will), but they look and feel better in the hand. I prefer the matte laminate, and in a full relabel set would go with that, but the smooth is a better match for unaltered chips.

I've replaced inlays on rhcs and I like how they turned out. I used textured laminated labels on these and have ordered smooth laminated for my jack fracs. But @Gear makes a good product. Highly recommend.

9990B5F8-15CE-49C6-9B66-0DF274CD5111.jpeg
FC1B71FC-455D-4452-8DCB-FFB815FCE24A.jpeg

You can also label over the existing inlay which costs about 20/rack. Not quite as nice but much faster and cheaper. I still think they look and feel pretty good just labelled over top.

I'm looking for someone who has done Gear's full inlay replacement at $2 per chip to see how that compares to regular Paulson inlays.

All of these are full inlay replacement. The Aztar were shaped mill and label, and the AS were removal of original inlays with inlay replacement.

edit: crap, sorry about the blurry photos. I already put the chips away, and I'm too lazy to get them back out. Sorry. Hopefully you get the idea.

266D2C3B-2B37-4618-A5BF-C2CE18EEE96C.jpeg
78FF6E81-6185-4D6D-9DED-815CBC1CCCBA.jpeg
D6DFC260-E2FC-4833-8138-7DAF5D838EC9.jpeg
380FE935-C3D5-4B31-938F-E6D161AD60EB.jpeg
4E964BC7-1E67-43CC-9EA1-8BBC401F3A74.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom