GB Interest for semi-custom metal seating cards? (1 Viewer)

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score
@Old State started me down this path by asking about heavy weight cut cards. @Jambine then pointed to a source for metal cut cards, noting that @Redbelly had ordered from them.

I thought getting sets printed for tournament seating cards had promise and could also double as cut cards. I've talked to Dan, the owner of the company Jambine pointed out, about group buy pricing. I haven't worked out all the details, because pricing is much more than recent seating chip group buys. If it gets off the ground, my hope is that you can use any color metal card (to match your table colors if you have multiple tables) and the words "Seat One" "Seat Two" etc. would be engraved on the cards. I hope that with enough orders, we can accomodate smaller sets than just 1-10 if you have smaller tables (9 seats, 8 seats, 6 seats, etc.)

I have an idea for the design which would be rather simple, but before I get too far into this, I just wondered if anyone else was insane enough to consider purchasing a set.

Vendor: www.pokercutcards.com (candidly, I'm not sure what the company name is)

Product: http://www.pokercutcards.com/Metal-Cut-Cards.html (poker and bridge width available)

Estimated cost for a set of 10, based on 10 sets being sold: $84 shipped

Vendor's Description: "We Highly Recommend The Metal Cut Cards Because They Are Thinner, Personalizing Them Is Only Limited By Your Imagination & While Holding The Deck...It Almost Feels Like Your Not Even Using A Cut Card. Anything That Can Be On A Picture...Can Be Your Personalized Cut Card!..."

Sample images:

GB1.jpg
GB5.jpg

GB4.jpg
GB3.jpg

GB6.jpg

Metal cut cards can be full color. My idea was for a very simple, two color design. But if we got super simple like that, maybe we'd be better off getting them done in plastic (which I understand has the background color, then the design is entched in and appears in white), or maybe we can go crazy and do a more complex design. But price on the website (I didn't talk to Dan about bulk pricing on plastic) is the same as metal. The plastic cards are apparently thicker than the metal ones.

If we are talking about 30 cards total (i.e., 3 sets of 10 cards), cost would be $7 per card, or $70 per set. There would be $10 shipping to me, plus cost of re-shipping. And I promised the designer (@Poker Zombie) a set if he'd do up the design. There would be better prices if we could do 50 or 100 cards. Assuming we could sell 10 full sets, cost per 10-card set, out-the-door would be something like $84 (10 sets x $70 per set + complimentary set to @Poker Zombie for his design work + $10 shipping to me = $780, which is $78 per set plus an estimated $6 re-shipping by USPS Prioirity) = $84. But using the same math, it would be $103 per set if we only sold 3 sets. FWIW, the price on the website is $13.99 per card, plus $9.99 for each identical card (and each card you'd be getting in this group buy would be different), so you couldn't touch this price outside of the Group Buy. But by comparison, the last seating chip group buy on 46mm ceramics was $8.70 for a set of 10 before shipping.

I am not going to make any profit on these. Just the free set I offered @Poker Zombie. Re-shipping will be actual cost.

Just FYI, I'm going to send the link to Dan, the owner, so maybe he can chime in and answer questions. If there is enough interest, I'll order samples and we'll move to the design phase next. If anyone here has the Chiptalk cut card, maybe they can comment. On the other hand, if its cost-prohibitive, it'll just end right here.

Let me know if you are interested.

Last edited:
I like the funny cut cards. not so interested in seating cards though, sorry.

I think they can get a little crazy on the plastic, but my understanding is that the color is etched off, revealing the inner white color of the cutcard. So the options for a plastic cut card are "many single color backgrounds and white text"

Plastic examples:

GB7.jpg
GB8.jpg

GB9.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe if you make a kind of basic PCF set for sale as cut cards in bridge and "poker" size. That would probably sell like hotcakes.

I like the funny cut cards. not so interested in seating cards though, sorry.

By all means, check with the vendor and get whatever design you want for custom cut cards.

Maybe if you make a kind of basic PCF set for sale as cut cards in bridge and "poker" size. That would probably sell like hotcakes.

Would you pay $15ish + shipping for a pair of PCF cut cards?

I've got a bunch of seating chip sets already, so I'm not sure I'd be in for this given the cost, and my fear that the glossy finish will get scratched up after one use.

But I'm watching and am in the "maybe" column pending final design.

I've got a bunch of seating chip sets already, so I'm not sure I'd be in for this given the cost

I have seating chips too, but there not always handy (I know, a good host would keep them handy). I thought that using them as cut cards would keep them closer as an integral part of the tournament set up.

my fear that the glossy finish will get scratched up after one use.

If that's @dennis63's Key West design in plastic, maybe he could give us a review. Not sure we're gonna hear from @Redbelly any time soon.

My plastic cut cards are slightly bowed and scratched, but still work as cut cards.

And were $1 each (or free with a setup of cards).

Would you pay $15ish + shipping for a pair of PCF cut cards?

Since I am like the only PCF person in our group/area I probably would not. I am just thinking that many people here would. I would be more inclined to look at the seller's site to try and get a funny card our players would enjoy. The website is pretty bad though.

I'd be careful, especially if double sided. Make sure both cards are cut to size before being glued together. I'll post a picture later on to show what I mean.

Hey! Sorry! I’ve been off of PCF a bit! Son graduated Army, lots of traveling to his events and we’ve been getting things ready for our full time on the road adventure!

Please take a look at this thread concerning cut cards. https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/custom-cut-cards.6087/

The metal cut cards for me were good but as a personal preference I much preferred what pokerchipsdesign.com did for me. I think the thread will give you another avenue to think about. Sorry this was so delayed!

Cheers!

Much of this is personal preference. I originally thought I would much prefer the metal cards I found that personally I liked both the feel and the simpleness of the plastic ones. If you contact pokerchipsdesign.com I think you have gold and silver (maybe more) options with a black core.

Thanks for the insight @Redbelly! I knew about your road trip and didn't expect you to be around at all.

I was thinking metal because these will be seating chips first and cut cards second, but if the group decides that a two-color, plastic product is a better option, I'll look into it. That's already two votes for @PokerChipsDesign. @Poker Zombie recommended them in Old State's original thread and now Redbelly. Looks like they are cheaper too.

Pics of custom cut cards for @Phantom shown in this thread ($5.50 each).

Hey! Sorry! I’ve been off of PCF a bit! Son graduated Army, lots of traveling to his events and we’ve been getting things ready for our full time on the road adventure!

Please take a look at this thread concerning cut cards. https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/custom-cut-cards.6087/

The metal cut cards for me were good but as a personal preference I much preferred what pokerchipsdesign.com did for me. I think the thread will give you another avenue to think about. Sorry this was so delayed!

Cheers!
Delayed? The op was posted the same day you replied ;)

I have a couple of the metal ones, and they're just fine. @abby99 had some of the plastic ones customized and they were very nice.

I've been meaning to have some of the plastic ones customized, but have just never gotten around to it. Also, I've always wanted some of the customized lucite buttons. I think that site is in europe, if I recall and it all seemed like quite an effort.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom