Gassers - what would you pay for them? (1 Viewer)

photojake

Pair
Reaction score
So I have been looking for some nicer chairs for my poker game and found a few listings for them.

What would you pay for a decent gasser chair (see pictures)?

$20 a chair? $50 a chair? Just trying to see what others think it is worth.

Thanks for your advice.

Attachments

• 72CAD323-BE3A-45C3-A0A0-A7D0E97FBFDF.png
    72CAD323-BE3A-45C3-A0A0-A7D0E97FBFDF.png
    450 KB · Views: 210
  • 4996F618-71F4-4B06-A531-6CD69E7B19DB.png
    4996F618-71F4-4B06-A531-6CD69E7B19DB.png
    423.7 KB · Views: 210
I think you could get nice chairs for 20 to 50 dollars try goodwill , Hotel retailers, Restaurant supply stores, I would look at some other places to get a good idea.

A few of us just paid $15 for some in similar condition. However, they were in NC, so we had 36 chairs shipped for $400, which added $11 per chair for $26 total.

After using them a couple of times, I would have been happy even if I paid $40 or $50 total per chair if the condition was good. The quality and feel is amazing compared to other chairs that I paid $35 for.

A few of us just paid $15 for some in similar condition. However, they were in NC, so we had 36 chairs shipped for $400, which added $11 per chair for $26 total.

After using them a couple of times, I would have been happy even if I paid $40 or $50 total per chair if the condition was good. The quality and feel is amazing compared to other chairs that I paid $35 for.
+ 1. Love the chairs we got.

So I just purchased a few of these. They are a weird purplish color. They seem to be some kind of faux leather/vinyl seats.

My question is is this something that can be dyed or recolored in some way? I was thinking about dyeing them black.

Let me know if that is even possible.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 68FFF9CC-F581-45B6-ABC6-94131C6E2399.jpeg
    68FFF9CC-F581-45B6-ABC6-94131C6E2399.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 144
  • E5D7D4DC-CCB3-4D23-98A0-8F963C87D78A.jpeg
    E5D7D4DC-CCB3-4D23-98A0-8F963C87D78A.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 137
So I just purchased a few of these. They are a weird purplish color. They seem to be some kind of faux leather/vinyl seats.

My question is is this something that can be dyed or recolored in some way? I was thinking about dyeing them black.

Let me know if that is even possible.

Thanks.
Wouldn‘t dye them.
Sooner or later you will have someone with ruined/colored trousers...

Country club here had gassers that they used rattle can UPHOLSTERY paint on and they held up very well and looked amazing. No color transfer. I plan to do it with a few of mine

I am finding it extremely difficult to find gassers in my area. Or well anywhere right now.
I had a hard time finding them as well, but I did a search that might help. I looked on Offer Up, Facebook Marketplace and Craigs for "Banquet Chairs". Then I found some in my area.

Another term to search for is "Stackable chairs" or "event chairs". I made an alert on offer up for these terms and I have several to choice from.

Now not all Gassers chairs are the same (I was looking for the vinyl ones, but there are some nice fabric ones as well). So currently I have 10 chairs (4 vinyl and 6 fabric). The fabric are black on black so they are probably the best ones I could find. The vinyl ones are a weird purple color...got some vinyl black spray paint and planning on painting them soon (before the next poker game in mid July). I think they will look nice once it is all said and done.

Good luck with your search.

I just purchased 10 for $15 each. I think I got them from the same guy (ren) as you. I think he still has a couple left. I picked them up yesterday and i'm very pleased. Some stains on them but they should come off nicely with upholstery cleaner.
Yeah, Ren's the man. Love mine

I had a hard time finding them as well, but I did a search that might help. I looked on Offer Up, Facebook Marketplace and Craigs for "Banquet Chairs". Then I found some in my area.

Another term to search for is "Stackable chairs" or "event chairs". I made an alert on offer up for these terms and I have several to choice from.

Now not all Gassers chairs are the same (I was looking for the vinyl ones, but there are some nice fabric ones as well). So currently I have 10 chairs (4 vinyl and 6 fabric). The fabric are black on black so they are probably the best ones I could find. The vinyl ones are a weird purple color...got some vinyl black spray paint and planning on painting them soon (before the next poker game in mid July). I think they will look nice once it is all said and done.

Good luck with your search.
Thank you for the advice. I do search fb and Craig's but never did the alerts. So maybe I'll try that.

Regular folding chairs are usually $20/each. So if you are finding gassers in decent shape under $50 each then I would say it’s a steal.

So currently I have 10 chairs (4 vinyl and 6 fabric).
Do your players have a preference between vinyl or fabric? I am on the hunt for some chairs now and I want to make sure I make the right choice. Has anyone made comments about comfort?

Has anyone made comments about comfort?
I’ll tell you what. Yes. Originally people laughed at them because they’re fugly and because I drove like 3 hours to get them. But after a couple of sessions I got a few comments saying yes these chairs are really comfortable and totally worth it.

Do your players have a preference between vinyl or fabric? I am on the hunt for some chairs now and I want to make sure I make the right choice. Has anyone made comments about comfort?

My players love the chairs. I bring them sometimes to other home games and they are always fighting to get my chairs.

Fabric vs vinyl - not much of a difference when it come to comfort. My fabric ones are slightly bigger and probably a little newer.

Whichever ones you get, you will be happy. I like the look of the vinyl ones better, but they are both great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom