Gasser Chair Question (1 Viewer)

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
So, you see a chair for sale online, super cheap... how cheap would it have to be to make these hideous colors "ok"?

I'm guessing redoing the upholstery might be an option... anyone ever done that to a gasser chair? Thoughts?

All this assuming these are gasser chairs (not 100% confirmed yet)

IMG_0022.JPG

I have looked into this. It's doable, the fabric is stapled on underneath the beading of fabric that goes around the back of the chair, and the seat cover is stapled under the cardboard. If you are handy with a sewing machine, it would just cost you the cost of fabric, you would use the removed pieces for a template.. I have asked around here in Dallas and I would be looking at $30-$40 a chair for someone to do it for me. Add that to 20 chairs and it is out of my desired range.

I know that @Dale_Doback bought refurbished gassers - so it is 100% possible. Once the fabric is off you could also have that roping and gold powder-coated if you were picky.

If you end up getting it done - be sure to post a follow up. I'm curious how it turns out. I love my chairs, but don't love the colors.

But damn, that lime green... oh boy.

I mean, if I wasn't worried about things in my game room being coordinated, I'd snap buy these, and screw the colors... the price listed is pretty crazy low imho.

But damn, that lime green... oh boy.

I mean, if I wasn't worried about things in my game room being coordinated, I'd snap buy these, and screw the colors... the price listed is pretty crazy low imho.
What's the price? I know you already have some kick ass chairs, but gassers are amazing. Best upgrade to my room IMO. Colors be dammed! ;)

Can't go wrong for $7/chair.

I'll probably pass on them, but for sure the price is right. Even with the colors, im half tempted... just leave them as is, as second table chairs... lol.

Having chairs that have duel functionality helps with the wifey approval. But there's no way we'd ever use those colored chairs for anything else, lol.

Wife wasn't entirely happy with the introduction of 10 new Hon office chairs into our home.. lol. Which is why I'd like to eventually transition to stackable gassers for some of my chairs (easier to store).

If that's what they are asking- I'd drive up to Wisconsin and buy them all. Then I'd sit and enjoy some cheese curds before hauling them back to Texas.

Start driving now. When you come through Madison, I'll buy you a beer and curds!

I'll probably pass on them, but for sure the price is right. Even with the colors, im half tempted... just leave them as is, as second table chairs... lol.

Having chairs that have duel functionality helps with the wifey approval. But there's no way we'd ever use those colored chairs for anything else, lol.

Wife wasn't entirely happy with the introduction of 10 new Hon office chairs into our home.. lol. Which is why I'd like to eventually transition to stackable gassers for some of my chairs (easier to store).
If you are passing on them would you mind sharing the link?

I'm actually considering them for a reupholstery project.

Saving space in my storage room might sway my wife to accept the colors, lol. Until they could get some upholstery work done.

If you are passing on them would you mind sharing the link?

I'll know fairly soon if I'm proceeding with these. If I chose not to, and the seller has them still, ill for sure pass this along.

Easy solution. Buy them for $7, use for MTTD, and then resell for more $$ afterwards.

From the seller. All chairs were sold last week. Oh well, was fun to dream.

From the seller. All chairs were sold last week. Oh well, was fun to dream.
Dang, well thanks for sharing the fun anyhow. If you run across similar again, let me know I will buy you a few chairs for the help! Hope to see/meet you at the MTTD

Easy solution. Buy them for $7, use for MTTD, and then resell for more $$ afterwards.

We should set for the MTTD. I snagged these a month back. They match the existing chairs I have, but these are cloth, not leather.

IMG_0319.JPG
IMG_0345.JPG

Dang, well thanks for sharing the fun anyhow. If you run across similar again, let me know I will buy you a few chairs for the help! Hope to see/meet you at the MTTD

Whenever you get the chance, follow the link below and RSVP for the days you want to attend. To be honest, I had never intended to host more than a single table on Thursday, but we've nearly filled two tables already. I'm capping Thursday at 20 (might even cap it at less to allow for a mixed game table), but Friday and Saturday I have room for 30 players.

Not joking here... I actually think that chair looks awesome! I wouldn't change them at all. I'd snap buy those if I were there.

Even MORE hideous than the original post chairs lol. But I’m Considering them. I have a call into the seller.

6DCBA837-07E6-4010-AEC5-39B9AD15E0C4.jpeg

Not 100% sure these are Gassers, but they certainly look the part.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom