Gasser Chair Bottoms (1 Viewer)

Jeff

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a lot of 7 black gasser chairs on eBay (thanks @mike32 for the post) and when I got them I discovered they had cardboard shields on the bottom. All the other Gassers I own have nice black plastic shields to help stack the chair without damaging them. I was wondering whether they were real Gassers, so I went to their site and low and behold they do use/sell cardboard chair bottoms. They also sell the plastic shields in their replacement parts area, so viola... replacement project. The box of plastic bottom shields came in...so here’s the project...

The new chairs right old chairs left.

D9A1298E-23D3-458A-892B-21D4FA3CDD65.jpeg

Here’s a comparison of the plastic and cardboard bottoms.
098E22D2-F50A-439F-AA11-EB50A6F3F517.jpeg

Bottoms came in the mail.
A3CFE0E1-FD89-41FA-BCB6-AA97C083E6B1.jpeg

Removed the stapled on cardboard bottoms.

7D770BE2-A94E-4C6F-B089-B6A1D69FE0D6.jpeg

BC411C11-F89A-4071-A56C-BEF0F329B764.jpeg
FFE5869E-92EE-420A-A666-C8526C794DB9.jpeg

87B3F1C3-98C7-4C6C-984F-509B200716B2.jpeg

Screwed on the bottoms (screws provided).
14B6ED80-8DC8-4D57-B4E1-9B09BFE227A4.jpeg

And done.
65D4BF17-7320-47FB-9779-1C8151AD4FA5.jpeg

Ugh... I would have gone in on an order with to save shipping, lol. Can I ask how much they were? I have 20 gassers with zero protection on the bottom. This worries me. I was even considering g trying to craft slots of hardboard to insert between the chairs, but that seemed a hassle.

And your chairs look stellar with the upgrade. Nice work.

Edit. Answered my question, they’re 3.75 each not bad. Even though it’s almost as much as I paid for the chairs it’s probsbly worth it. Can I ask h9w much shipping was for the seven chairs you did?

And oddly enough the cardboard ones seem more expensive. Weird.

Last edited:
The cardboard ones are in lots of multiple bottoms (10 or 12, if I remember). So they are considerably less expensive.

7 plastic bottoms- $26.25
Shipping - $15.84
Handling - $5

Pretty sure you can get 10 in the box that my seven came in.

So probably looking at $75 for bottoms, somewhere around $32 for shipping and $5 handling. $112-ish? For 20.

Last edited:
Jeff, thanks for the info. I only asked because it wouldn’t give me shipping quotes without registering for their site.. of course I was inspired by you, and made the plunge to order 20 bases. I talked to the customer service rep, who advised the cardboard is the same price, and is old tech. They highly recommend the plastic, so I have 20 being shipped to me for $98 (or $5 each). Lol, which IS what I paid per chair. Ha. But these will help them stay in good shape.

Thanks for the tip Jeff

Here’s an order link for anyone interested.

https://www.gasserchairparts.com/tabid/951/CategoryID/71/default.aspx

Damn you guys. Damn you all. Now I’m also going to have to order 20 chair bottoms to replace the old cardboard. Good news is I’ll wait until after next weeks meetup, and you’ll be paying for it :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Damn you guys. Damn you all. Now I’m also going to have to order 20 chair bottoms to replace the old cardboard. Good news is I’ll wait until after next weeks meetup, and you’ll be paying for it :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
... Hmm .. will those bottoms be custom printed with your chip inlay art, have a built in battery pack and USB slot, a hot dog warmer, wet-wipe slot dispenser and tip box? ... :):):)

... Hmm .. will those bottoms be custom printed with your chip inlay art, have a built in battery pack and USB slot, a hot dog warmer, wet-wipe slot dispenser and tip box? ... :):):)
Depends on how many pots I win :sneaky:

I say we ban beer from the meetup. Cryptonite for Craig!!!!

I say we ban beer from the meetup. Cryptonite for Craig!!!!

Too late, I already committed to bringing a crap-ton of craft beers...

But... I might just forget to bring it up

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom