Gangster Squad Chips- Samples Available- Pictures Inside (2 Viewers)

Mr. Cheese

Full House
Reaction score
Well it's been a long road of design and back and forth but I finally settled on a label design for my Gangster Squad chips. I've had a lot of advice and suggestions along the way which helped to shape the design into what it is today!

Someday I hope to take the inlay and have CPC make custom chips but for the next few years these re-labeled Even Steven chips will do the trick!

Gear made the labels for me. Matte non-laminated and they turned out great. Very crisp printing and nice deep colors.

The colors for each denomination are odd and might bother some people but I wanted my favorite color (red) to be the most used chip on the table. :)

Thanks to Gear I will have more samples available then I originally though. If you are interested in a sample set post up. I'm guessing with shipping to anywhere in the US about 10 bucks total for a sample set. If I can do it for less I certainly will though.

The List so far:
1. BGinGA Paid
2. Skiex5 Paid

3. Lars
4. JFCJ
5. K9dr
6. Psypher1000

UPDATE 4/4/15
Alright so I finally got around to labeling more of the chips and I've got a total of 12 sample sets available after send Dave and Ski a sample set. With the others on the list that would be 4 out of the 12 spoken for.

Price will be 10.50 mailed in a bubble mailer or 13.75 via USPS Small Flat Rate Box

Please send payment via FF or add 3%. Once you've payed send me a message with your shipping address and PCF name. Do not put anything about PCF in the note section of your paypal payment.

With that some pron:
IMG_20150119_231602617[1].jpg
IMG_20150119_231613897[1].jpg
IMG_20150119_231632688_HDR[1].jpg
IMG_20150119_231824357_HDR[1].jpg
IMG_20150119_231857561_HDR[1].jpg

Updated with more pics
IMG_20150124_125855699.jpg
IMG_20150124_125903364.jpg
IMG_20150124_130526366_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150124_130601861.jpg
IMG_20150124_130621658.jpg
IMG_20150124_130626442_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
In for a sample set. Looks great!

I think these chips are great! I'm a total sucker for black labels.

Colors, shmulers. It's a personal set; you could use what ever color for what ever denomination you want. The sale was a little difficult considering the restrictions on the amount of $25s and $100s you could buy. I think you made the best out of the situation.

And I agree; you need to crush the games with these chips and then start building your CPC set!

I would like a sample set please.

Those red $5's, I mean $1's look great. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words everyone. It's great to finally see the design come to life.

Mental Nomad: I put the labels right over the top. It provides a perfectly smooth surface for the new label so there aren't any bumps or uneven spots.

*Also I believe all the sample sets I'm going to have are spoken for now but I won't know for sure until I finish the rest of the labeling. I'll figure out everything in regards to the samples and message everyone that has expressed interest in them. :)

These look great. I may have used the black chips as $20 instead of $25, but it's not that big of a deal. By the way do the labels sit under the rim, no stacking issues?

Lol I want to play Poker Zombie on this set. The colors would tilt him!

Look great, I think you made the right choice going with the three gangsters over the pip boy

Those look great! Glad you are happy with them. If you're running low on sample sets because you're running low on labels, let me know and I'll send you a few more spares.

These look great. I may have used the black chips as $20 instead of $25, but it's not that big of a deal. By the way do the labels sit under the rim, no stacking issues?

It was a tough call between a 20 or 25 dollar chip but in the end being our minimum buyin is 50 (everyone just buys in for the min) the 25 made more sense for me. Yes the labels sit under the rim. I had samples of the laminated vs non laminated and with laminated labels I had spinners. With the labels I used (non laminated) I have no spinners and no issues stacking because the labels are so thin.

Lol I want to play Poker Zombie on this set. The colors would tilt him!

Look great, I think you made the right choice going with the three gangsters over the pip boy

Thanks! I love the pip boy but in the end having three gangsters made more sense for a "squad"

Those look great! Glad you are happy with them. If you're running low on sample sets because you're running low on labels, let me know and I'll send you a few more spares.

Hey Chris, that would be awesome, I appreciate it.

I actually had a couple bubbles/specs of dust get under a few labels when I was putting some on so a few denoms I actually ran out of without being able to finish all the chips. If I had a few more labels I could offer more sample sets plus be able to finish labeling all my chips :). Of course I still have about 300 chips to label and about 604 labels left so that is assuming I don't mess any more up in the process lol. Once I finish labeling all the chips I'll message you with how many short I am and if its more then just a few that I need spares on for sample sets I'd be more then happy to pay for them to help out :)

Very nice, I've been anxiously waiting to see how there came out, and they are great! Mr. Tree is right though, I started tilting just looking at the chip colors - if you want red to be the most often used chip, BET HIGHER!!!

Very nice, I've been anxiously waiting to see how there came out, and they are great! Mr. Tree is right though, I started tilting just looking at the chip colors - if you want red to be the most often used chip, BET HIGHER!!!

Thanks PZ! We're too poor to bet very often with the $5 chip :p.

With the labels I used (non laminated) I have no spinners and no issues stacking because the labels are so thin.

Music to my ears :)

I actually had a couple bubbles/specs of dust get under a few labels when I was putting some on so a few denoms I actually ran out of without being able to finish all the chips. If I had a few more labels I could offer more sample sets plus be able to finish labeling all my chips :). Of course I still have about 300 chips to label and about 604 labels left so that is assuming I don't mess any more up in the process lol. Once I finish labeling all the chips I'll message you with how many short I am and if its more then just a few that I need spares on for sample sets I'd be more then happy to pay for them to help out :)

How did the last bit of labelling go?

Music to my ears :)

How did the last bit of labelling go?

I ran a bit short on labels. I'm going to need the following:
.25x 80
1x 60
5x 80
25x 40

When I originally ordered I forgot I had added onto my original chip purchase which is why I'm short so many. Let me know what it'll cost and I'll get paypal over to you.

Psypher1000: I'll put you on the list. I'm thinking I might run out of spare chips though but I'll let you know!

Roger that. I know I'm late to the party so no big deal if there's not enough. Keep us posted, and great chips!

I ran a bit short on labels. I'm going to need the following:
.25x 80
1x 60
5x 80
25x 40

When I originally ordered I forgot I had added onto my original chip purchase which is why I'm short so many. Let me know what it'll cost and I'll get paypal over to you.

Sending you an email shortly. Thanks!

Hi MrCheese... I sent you an email the other day, but haven't heard back from you. Did you get it? I ask, because I've had some problems recently with some of the emails I've sent getting spam-filtered (apparently) en route.

Thanks.

Hey Gear, looks like it went to my spam box. I'll be replying later today to confirm the numbers I need. Thanks!

Thanks Spike! My first game with them I doubled my money so hopefully the streak continues!

Also as an update added more pics to the first post :)

I've had my sample set for awhile, but gotta say that these are some of the nicest re-labeled chips I've ever seen. Stellar design work, and the label quality is excellent. All but the most hardcore of chippers would be hard-pressed to tell they aren't real inlays by sight or feel.

Kudos to Mr.Cheese and Gear.

Well it's been a long road of design and back and forth but I finally settled on a label design for my Gangster Squad chips. I've had a lot of advice and suggestions along the way which helped to shape the design into what it is today!

Someday I hope to take the inlay and have CPC make custom chips but for the next few years these re-labeled Even Steven chips will do the trick!

Gear made the labels for me. Matte non-laminated and they turned out great. Very crisp printing and nice deep colors.

The colors for each denomination are odd and might bother some people but I wanted my favorite color (red) to be the most used chip on the table. :)

Thanks to Gear I will have more samples available then I originally though. If you are interested in a sample set post up. I'm guessing with shipping to anywhere in the US about 10 bucks total for a sample set. If I can do it for less I certainly will though.

The List so far:
1. BGinGA
2. Skiex5
3. Lars
4. JFCJ
5. K9dr

I've had my sample set for awhile, but gotta say that these are some of the nicest re-labeled chips I've ever seen. Stellar design work, and the label quality is excellent. All but the most hardcore of chippers would be hard-pressed to tell they aren't real inlays by sight or feel.

Kudos to Mr.Cheese and Gear.

Thanks man I appreciate the compliment :)

Samples still available?

I ran out of 25 and 100 chips but I do have 3 sample sets available still for the people on the list.

EDIT:

You are number 4 on the list so you will get set number 4 of 4. I'll send everyone an email shortly with my paypal so I can get these three sets on their way to you guys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom