Gaming suede wrinkles (1 Viewer)

JeepologyOffroad

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Tried letting it lay out flat for a few days, steaming, ironing, wrinkle release spray - minimal if any better. Missing any other tips or tricks?

I'm thinking this thing must have been folded for a long time. Should I just install and let it work itself out over time?

c2sjl8o.jpg

I have wrinkles on my TI felt as well. It's been installed for over a month and wrinkles are still visible. It definitely looks like it was folded and sitting on a shelf for an extended period of time.

I think @CraigT78 has mentioned running his layouts through a light laundry cycle to clean them. I'd be curious to hear more about this. Colorfast-ness, damage risks, etc...

I have wrinkles on my TI felt as well. It's been installed for over a month and wrinkles are still visible. It definitely looks like it was folded and sitting on a shelf for an extended period of time.

I think @CraigT78 has mentioned running his layouts through a light laundry cycle to clean them. I'd be curious to hear more about this. Colorfast-ness, damage risks, etc...
I had zero issue with washing my ChanMan felts. They did shrink a bit in the dryer - next time I will air dry.

Starched and ironed the hell out of this thing. Helped more than anything so far but still not great.

CB250AW.jpg

Where did the felt come from? I just replaced mine today form one that had been folded in a square up for the last ten years. No wrinkles after pulling it tight and stapling to the table.

I had zero issue with washing my ChanMan felts. They did shrink a bit in the dryer - next time I will air dry.
Wait, so u took your felt off and washed it ? Then re applied it ?

Where did the felt come from? I just replaced mine today form one that had been folded in a square up for the last ten years. No wrinkles after pulling it tight and stapling to the table.
The layout company on eBay. They have lots to choose from usually and restock about once a month with new felts
I fig the starch would be best
Thanks for the tip

I take them off and wash them
Wait, so u took your felt off and washed it ? Then re applied it ?

That’s what I did today on my table...the felt was nasty from poker players playing on it over many years...took it off threw it in the washing machine and put it in the dryer for a short period of time and reinstalled a spare I had. The new spare looks as good as new

I take them off and wash them

That’s what I did today on my table...the felt was nasty from poker players playing on it over many years...took it off threw it in the washing machine and put it in the dryer for a short period of time and reinstalled a spare I had. The new spare looks as good as new
And this was on a Chan man basic table? Was the glue not stuck to the felt ? Did it not affect it in the wash ? How’d u remove the staples ( long nose plier?)

No sir..I have a table from Rye Park Poker and his felts I bought many moons back. They don’t use an adhesive on anything..just stretch the felt and staple. I used a small screw driver to pull out the staples and pliers to pull them out the rest of the way. I installed a Deckmate shuffler today and decided while I had the chance to replace the felt

Attachments

• 4A731FE0-4825-4419-A865-B87573034A5E.jpeg
    4A731FE0-4825-4419-A865-B87573034A5E.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 4DE2509E-FE5E-4B7E-BAD0-FC517967E0DE.jpeg
    4DE2509E-FE5E-4B7E-BAD0-FC517967E0DE.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 3CE534DA-D730-464C-8693-23BAAF28CA26.jpeg
    3CE534DA-D730-464C-8693-23BAAF28CA26.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 4EAE9370-8461-485B-9878-46CCDCA4180B.jpeg
    4EAE9370-8461-485B-9878-46CCDCA4180B.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 6D7E4920-3769-42A9-BAC8-0924D7A5EC92.jpeg
    6D7E4920-3769-42A9-BAC8-0924D7A5EC92.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 112
Is this common with all the felts from thelayoutcompany or just the TI felts? Would make me a little nervous ordering one from them.

Is this common with all the felts from thelayoutcompany or just the TI felts? Would make me a little nervous ordering one from them.

I have one of their nylon WSOP layouts, and it has no wrinkles. The wrinkles seem to be more of an issue with their polyester layouts that have sat folded on a shelf for a couple of years.

I wouldn't worry about it. And if you do get a polyester one with wrinkles, just put through a light wash cycle first.

Hell even with the winkles... their prices are still a steal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom