Gaming PC build (2 Viewers)

Again, I appreciate all the info guys. Two things I’ve realized is I think what I want to build is going to be closer to 1k with peripherals and I’m going to be patient and wait for prices to come down.

This may be a curveball but what about a laptop? I’m guessing you lose quite a bit of performance for the price. Just a thought though.

You'll pay more for less performance in a laptop

They are notorious for skimping on the graphics and some may try to saddle you with older mechanical hard drives over the much faster SSD's of today

Ya I have had a few gamming laptops and I kinda regret each one. Right now I have a Razor Blade (2016) it has a GTX 1060, 16 gigs of ddr4 and a 512GB NVMe drive. The battery life is about 5 minutes. A gamming laptop is luxury item, you will pay more for less because its mobile. The kicker is that its not really that mobile because you kinda need to be plugged in when gamming. I mean you can try to game for a little while but the battery will drain very fast. Gamming laptops are good for students who are living in a dorm and dont have space for a desktop. Maybe you want to play games at work but not on the company PC. I got the razor blade to play games in hotels since I travel all over the country spring to fall for softball. I never recommend a gamming laptop unless the person has specific needs that only a laptop can satisfy.

@Anthony Martino and I seem to share a brain when it comes to PC's. I will say that he is far more artistic than I am when it comes to building cool looking PC's. Mine are cool looking but he brings it to the next level. Post some pics of your projects so we can drool.

@Anthony Martino and I seem to share a brain when it comes to PC's. I will say that he is far more artistic than I am when it comes to building cool looking PC's. Mine are cool looking but he brings it to the next level. Post some pics of your projects so we can drool.

You are too kind

FB_IMG_1612493340503.jpg
FB_IMG_1612493334244.jpg
FB_IMG_1612493317989.jpg
FB_IMG_1612493309523.jpg
FB_IMG_1612493291869.jpg
FB_IMG_1612493284410.jpg
FB_IMG_1612493264104.jpg
FB_IMG_1612493252884.jpg

Thread revival.....how are prices looking for a build or just buying something? I obviously didn't move forward with this due to prices and his birthday has passed but would still be willing to split the cost with him for various reasons...but still not looking to go bankrupt with this thing.

I need to go back through this thread but he just brought it up again and I thought I saw posts or ads for graphics cards at decent prices so maybe its started to go back down. Just wanted to give this guy a bump and get people's thoughts. I'll do some more digging tonight when I get off work. I know one thing he wants to do is game and possibly stream so not sure how that would affect the build too...I'm not too concerned about the streaming part but just wanted to throw that out there. One of his buddies was streaming on Twitch last night and he made me guess how many followers he had. I said 20....he said nope, 1...me! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

As always, thanks for the help.

Thread revival.....how are prices looking for a build or just buying something? I obviously didn't move forward with this due to prices and his birthday has passed but would still be willing to split the cost with him for various reasons...but still not looking to go bankrupt with this thing.

I need to go back through this thread but he just brought it up again and I thought I saw posts or ads for graphics cards at decent prices so maybe its started to go back down. Just wanted to give this guy a bump and get people's thoughts. I'll do some more digging tonight when I get off work. I know one thing he wants to do is game and possibly stream so not sure how that would affect the build too...I'm not too concerned about the streaming part but just wanted to throw that out there. One of his buddies was streaming on Twitch last night and he made me guess how many followers he had. I said 20....he said nope, 1...me! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

As always, thanks for the help.
Buy a prebuild. The silicon shortage has the scalpers and the miners buying up all the graphics cards. You are still paying WAY TOO MUCH for even a s**t card. Just buy a prebuilt machine. It is the only way to get a decent graphics card

I gave up looking for an RTX 30 series. Back in April, I ended up getting a pre-built Lenovo with a 2070 Super, for a little over $1,500. At the time, the 2070 Super alone was scalping for over $1,000.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom