Gambling songs (1 Viewer)

I can remember being a young lad in my early teens. I used to stay up late on weekends because the local multicultural TV station ran a program called "The All Night Show with Chuck the Security Guard. The idea was that local comedian Chas Lawther was supposed to be the midnight shift Security wog, and he would "commandeer" the airwaves for his own purposes on weekends. You would get oddball movies of the "so bad it's hilarious" variety, some interview bits with local (not quite) celebs, and VIDEOS. The first time I ever saw Motorhead was on that show, along with bands like Girlschool, Y&T, and a whole host of second tier metal bands or bands that had not yet broken big (think Metallica BEFORE Ride the Lightning).

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V5Zoe84BjE

I first heard bands like MetallicA and Motorhead from playing Dungeons and Dragons(nerd alert!) with a friend waaaay back when. Although everyone I know says that Master Of Puppets is MetallicA's best, they're clearly wrong. :)

Ride The Lightning is obviously superior

Sorry, no. Puppets is #1, Justice is #2, Ride the Lightning is #3. And I say that as a Lovecraft fan-boy who bought the album simply based on the title of that song, having never heard of them previously.

Well, that's hard to tell and everyone has a different opinion. But I am sure we all agree that since the black album it went really down with them.

There was a great song somebody made called Da Pokerz which was amazing but I can't find the video on youtube anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom