• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine FYI: Spirit Molds on Clearance (1 Viewer)

Yeah it seemed the only ones I would receive was the Neapolitan ones even when I tried to order those pretty yellow pink/blue ones.
I ordered the labeled ones, Da Vinci, I believe.

I ordered all three! In 50 packs , da Vinci’s, and Pyramid and no blue/pink on my yellows.
:(

I may go a different route. If I do and you’re interested, I’ll let you know. I got 150 of these for my $5’s.

Are the the Neapolitan or the PINK/Blue ones? Some when removing labels, or oiling them. or just a basic finger and thumb strength test. The Neapolitan BROKE
Neopolitan. Mine didn't have labels. I used the "oiling chips done right" method. Thinking more, there may have been one that broke out of 300. But I had one each of some other colors break as well.

The Spirit molds seem to snap fairly easily, if trying. But not so easily that I'm worried about it for normal use.

That’s what I have been using “ oiling done right” they broke with barely any pressure. Almost exactly like the brittleness of the solid greys.

Last edited:
For the first time, I had one of my blue solids' edges explode when it was getting tossed in the pot. 600+ chips, months of play, first time it happened. still happy with these for the price.

For the first time, I had one of my blue solids' edges explode when it was getting tossed in the pot. 600+ chips, months of play, first time it happened. still happy with these for the price.

I was there!! Saw this happen. Definitley a splash pot bet. Nickels deserve to be bet with more respect. I think the offender felt bad about it though. Glad it wasn’t me. I think he is a maybe to my game in a few weeks lol.

I love your lables btw the chips were nice to play with. At .10/.13 cents that was def good value.

It will be interesting to see how the 8vs compare / hold up in comparison.

Yeah, he did feel bad about it. It was actually @Skinnypots that did it.

I think the 8V's are going to be significantly stronger, shouldn't be a problem at all. I think @Beakertwang tried to break an 8V with his fingers and it didn't work. I think we're good.

@Beakertwang is a chip psycho (I mean that with affectionately.)
He tested those 8V’s until his finger bled. The pinks broke but even then it was from hard abuse.

I’ve used the chips for three or four games a bit of flaking with the blues no breakage.

Shame we don’t have another China clay with the same edge spots as the spirit molds.

Yeah, he did feel bad about it. It was actually @Skinnypots that did it.

I think the 8V's are going to be significantly stronger, shouldn't be a problem at all. I think @Beakertwang tried to break an 8V with his fingers and it didn't work. I think we're good.
@Beakertwang is a chip psycho (I mean that with affectionately.)
He tested those 8V’s until his finger bled. The pinks broke but even then it was from hard abuse.

I’ve used the chips for three or four games a bit of flaking with the blues no breakage.

Shame we don’t have another China clay with the same edge spots as the spirit molds.
Haha! Not quite till my fingers bled. But I did try to break one of my faded pinks with my fingers. It took a couple minutes of wrenching as hard as I could before it snapped.

I did have one chip break when it fell off my desk onto the wood floor, but I don’t remember what color it was. I’ve dropped dozens, if not 100+, without any chipping or breaking.

This is in stark contrast to the spirit molds, which seem much more fragile, particularly the grays which snap like a cracker with just a little pressure.

8v material, on a mold mimicking THC, with more vibrant colors, and some edgespot progression would be fantastic.

I did have one chip break when it fell off my desk onto the wood floor, but I don’t remember what color it was.
It was a purple. Not sure which type of purple. There are two versions. I believe the second productions end up being a little taller and the red is more vibrant.

It was a purple. Not sure which type of purple. There are two versions. I believe the second productions end up being a little taller and the red is more vibrant.
My purples barely fit in the racks from Gene, so I’m guessing it’s one of the later ones. I’ve got a shuffle stack of extra purples on my desk, and I have yet to break another, despite frequent drops.

Did I post the broken one in the 8v thread, or did I text you a pic?

Edit: found it. Only one I’ve broken without trying.
05344764-A0D0-4A91-92E3-CB6DFE025377.jpeg

My purples barely fit in the racks from Gene, so I’m guessing it’s one of the later ones. I’ve got a shuffle stack of extra purples on my desk, and I have yet to break another, despite frequent drops.

Did I post the broken one in the 8v thread, or did I text you a pic?

Edit: found it. Only one I’ve broken without trying.
View attachment 234590
Pretty sure you texted it.
I have 450 purple the 400 purple has some wiggle in the rack similar to the blues.
The second batch of production from what was posted were darker purple brighter red and a bit thicker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom