Future Sun-Fly GB design idea - interest/feedback (GB is open) (1 Viewer)

p5woody

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
GB is OPEN!!!
Order thread is up with all details and pricing: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...-starting-now-12-jun-2020.56998/#post-1102912

I am working on a design that Sun-Fly will initially offer as a GB here on the forum (discounted price - 43mm hybrids in the 60¢ + shipping range - pricing still needs to be confirmed) and then will be added as a stock design on their website (at a higher price). The Sun-Fly 43mm Hybrid with 25mm inlay chips seems to very popular so I started with those chips. I have been involved in multiple group buys and wanted to come up with something a little different then what has been offered previously. So I stayed away from any of the previous GB designs and started from scratch.

I assuming these will be offered in both 43mm and 39 mm Polyinno hybrid chips with prestige label or blank. I'm looking for feedback to see if people like the chips and if there is enough interest in me moving forward with this project. Enough talk, here is the pron.

3D mockup of the chips showing what the chips would look like in sets.

***** update ****
If you're interested in buying please go here and respond to the poll: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...n-interest-in-buying-poll.55602/#post-1072113

***** updated artwork *******
43mm chips
3d prestige-43-mockup1.png

39mm chips
3d prestige-39-mockup1.png

43mm face
prestige-43-mockup1-face.png

39mm face
prestige-39-mockup1-face.png

Rolling edge artwork
prestige-43-mockup1-edge.png

Last edited:
I like that you went a different direction. AND I like the chips! My only concern is colors on the 1000 and 5000, that the shades they end up printing at are distinct enough from each other for easy counting of the pot / and possible dirty stacks. I think the red on the 1000 takes care of that, but it was the first thing I saw.

Oh, and can you make it "Prestige Worldwide"? :D

This are wicked cool.

You have such a talent.

My one quibble is I would switch the colors on the nickel and Quarter, just to keep the purple away from the red five in the lineup.

But my god these are fantastic.

I am actually a little worried about the 1000 and 5000 too color wise.

But still. This concept, the edge alignment with the flourish, the rolling edge design complex, yet simple shapes.

Love at first sight here.

I just bought 2000 custom hybrids, and I am thinking about this somehow.

I like that you went a different direction. AND I like the chips! My only concern is colors on the 1000 and 5000, that the shades they end up printing at are distinct enough from each other for easy counting of the pot / and possible dirty stacks. I think the red on the 1000 takes care of that, but it was the first thing I saw.
good point on the 1000 and 5000, I will make sure it is a bright yellow and a bright orange. Or maybe look if we have another option that works

That's one way, but honestly, that pink and black ncv I think would be even better for the 5000.

And seriously you might just offer blanks? Oh man getting tougher to resist.

Very nice. Classy inlay design. I would have taken the hot pink as quarter but thats my opinion. Something I noticed, the P-Logo always consist of the chip body color, except for the hot-pink its pink/white instead pink/black
Following with interest:)

Very nice. Classy inlay design. I would have taken the hot pink as quarter but thats my opinion. Something I noticed, the P-Logo always consist of the chip body color, except for the hot-pink its pink/white instead pink/black
Following with interest:)
good catch, fixed

3d PRESTIGE 43-2.png

Yeah, if we're talking blanks, I'd go with orange nickels, purple quarters, blue dollars, yellow $5's, and white $20's for the cash set.

Tournament, I'd go with the layout as is, with the exception of using the pink chip as the $5,000 denom.

My biggest concern would be the purple 25c and the blue $1, especially with the edge colours chosen I know that would be too close for my eyes.

My biggest concern would be the purple 25c and the blue $1, especially with the edge colours chosen I know that would be too close for my eyes.
Not trying to be funny, are you color blind? I could switch the nickel if people think it could be an issue

Not trying to be funny, are you color blind? I could switch the nickel if people think it could be an issue

Yes, partially red-green ("mild deutan" or "strong deutan" at https://enchroma.com/, depending on the test). Some purples tend to blend with some blues, as do light pink, light grey and light green. Unless the light in the room is very good, purple and blue chips could be difficult to distinguish, depending on the shades chosen.

I don't know if I'd be in the market, though (I just checked our exchange rate...it's horrible), so I only mention it as I may not be alone.

Yes, partially red-green ("mild deutan" or "strong deutan" at https://enchroma.com/, depending on the test). Some purples tend to blend with some blues, as do light pink, light grey and light green. Unless the light in the room is very good, purple and blue chips could be difficult to distinguish, depending on the shades chosen.

Good to know, this is why I ask :)

Edges next to each other
3d PRESTIGE 43-2-2.png

Here they are small next to each other, the purple and blue is very clear to me, but like I said no issue switching the two if it makes the set better for the majority.
3d PRESTIGE 43-2-2.png

@p5woody this is a great opportunity and I can't think of anyone better to design SunFly hybrids - your resume speaks for itself.

I am extremely glad to see a nonstandard application for these chips, and I don't think I've seen a better design yet that wasn't mimicking BJ or Paulson spots.

Good luck with the sales when these get into production!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom