Funny thoughts about the uncoming chiproom sale (1 Viewer)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I don't know if it's just me, or if Chiproom really does it right, but I feel so drawn in by this event that I really want to buy some chips. Despite the fact that I really don't want these chips.

My first set were primary cleveland horseshoes, and I hated them. Used RHC's just aren't my thing. I did grab some secondarys in that sale though, and those new chips always left an impression. Then I discovered leaded THCs and it was all over for me. Then I sold off all my chips and disappeared. When I came back, chiproom was having its Lady Luck sale. I firgued why not grab some brand new RHCs? I did, and I kinda hated them. Then I did that shuffling/color transfer experiment and I really hated them. (What's up with that anyway - I've never noticed leaded THCs transferring mud all over each other like that.)

Anyway, here I am, looking at yet another chiproom sale, with beautiful looking RHC's (that I know I hate) and I really want to buy some. Why? I was looking for excuses. I don't have a tournament set these days - I need one - I can make a nice one with the mint secondarys. But then when I added up the money I'd spend (and not even on the 43mms) I realized I could build the same tournament set with leaded THCs - chips I actually like. So I'm out.
Except
Why am I still trying to find an excuse to buy chips Sunday? BECAUSE ITS AN EVENT! BECAUSE ITS A COMPETITION!!! BECAUSE I KNOW I CAN BEAT THE REST OF YOU MOPES TO THE GOOD CHIPS, EVEN WITH MY LOUSY DSL CONNECTION.
Chiproom does it right, and I want to buy.

How wild would it be that instead of weeks of anticipation for a chip room sale, that the next sale releases unannounced... ?

BECAUSE ITS AN EVENT! BECAUSE ITS A COMPETITION!!! BECAUSE I KNOW I CAN BEAT THE REST OF YOU MOPES TO THE GOOD CHIPS, EVEN WITH MY LOUSY DSL CONNECTION.

I feel you on this. I'm likely sitting out of this one, but I will miss the build-up, frantic clicking, readjusting, frustration, and relief when getting to the receipt page.

Everyone wants the new shiny toys. Be strong man! :LOL: :laugh:

395526e8f8401bc3c1f1ec438fab6007.jpeg

I have no need for these chips but I'm going to make sure that I'm out of the house in the middle of the woods when it goes down on Sunday.
Right. I’ll be doing driveway football at my buddy’s douse. And I recently thought, maybe I should bring my laptop, just in case . . . NO!!

If I had interwebz skillz, I'd post a link to Jim's CHIPROOM HORSESHOE PRESALE thread and collect thousands of rickroll clicks.....
And, a fun postscript to my little story - after I bought the Lady Luck chips (just because they were there) Dave here suggested that I’d be better off paying a few more bucks for chips I actually wanted. Imagine that?

This is me when I go to Harbor Freight for something I end up buying way more stuff not because I need it but because it's so cheap. A set of O ring picks for 99 cents? Probably never use them but hey they're only a buck.

This is me when I go to Harbor Freight for something I end up buying way more stuff not because I need it but because it's so cheap. A set of O ring picks for 99 cents? Probably never use them but hey they're only a buck.
Guilty. Just glad the closest store isn't on my way to anywhere else, so I rarely visit.

I think the chips are meh. Just my opinion. Definitely

Yep... These chips simply don't connect with me. I thought the Jack's were way better ( and shinier).
This is Bills way of head fake...There’s nothing to see here!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom