Fun things to add to Cash Game (1 Viewer)

The thing about high hand jackpot is that whoever wins it has already pulled a pot... It makes the rich richer (unless that winner spewed everything away).

I think a bad beat jackpot at least gives someone who lost a big hand a little something back. A bad beat jackpot might be better suited for multiple multu-sessions, however, rather than a single night.
Adding a bad beat jackpot was one of my top favorable additions. I run two, one for circus and one for hold em. The hold em one has been hit three times, each time over $1k (aces full beaten). The circus bad beat is currently over $1,400 and has yet to be hit. (quads beaten)

I also add this to my game.

20191207_163522.jpg

So I’ve started adding bomb pots, PLO games and crazy pineapple. But I only do it on my deal. Everyone loves it.
Do you guys think that’s somehow unfair to the blinds or the guys to my left? To introduce a new game? I’m the only one that really gets poker so it’s a bit of a teachable moment while still playing primarily NLHE

I am going to start playing with that 7-2 rule. Seems like it adds a lot of fun to the game when it hits.

Its unfair that you have positional advantage for all of these higher variance games.

Set a timer, every time it goes off do a bomb pot. @Marc Hedrick did it every hour. Sometimes we do double board PLO every 30 minutes.

I kinda figured that. What I'll probably do is still deal them while the button moves.

Good idea on timer.

We've been talking about implementing a bad beat jackpot but I'm curious how you guys collect for it? Looking for some advice on that. Also it was asked already but what's a good concensus bad beat threshold? We rarely see quads much less see them beaten. So something lower might be good but I don't want it hitting every game or anything.

We've been talking about implementing a bad beat jackpot but I'm curious how you guys collect for it? Looking for some advice on that. Also it was asked already but what's a good concensus bad beat threshold? We rarely see quads much less see them beaten. So something lower might be good but I don't want it hitting every game or anything.
$1 raked from every pot over $10.

Here are my rules:

Bad Beat Jackpot
1. The amount of the small blind will be raked from any pot over $10 to fund the Bad Beat
2. There will be two bad beat jackpots, one for Texas Hold Em, and one for Circus games
3. Any cash game held outside a charity event will be Bad Beat eligible
4. Minimum qualifying hand for the bad beat is Aces Full beaten for Hold Em
a. The minimum qualifying hand will drop each $200 the jackpot raises​
b. $200 – Aces Full Beaten​
c. $400 – Kings Full Beaten​
d. $600 – Queens Full Beaten​
e. $800 - Jacks Full Beaten​
f. $1000 – Tens Full Beaten​
g. $1200 – Any Full House Beaten​
h. $1500 – Ace High Flush Beaten​
5. Minimum qualifying hand for the Circus bad beat is Quads beaten
a. No Wild Card Games are eligible​
b. Both qualifying hands must play in the same pot for split pot games​
6. For a hand to be eligible to qualify for a Bad Beat, the pot must meet a minimum of $10
7. Both the winning and losing hands must use both of their hole cards to create the highest possible hand
8. Payouts of the Bad Beat are as follows:
a. 50% of the Bad Beat prize will be awarded to the Bad Beat hand (losing hand)​
b. 25% of the Bad Beat prize will be awarded to the winner of the hand​
c. 25% of the Bad Beat prize will be awarded equally among the remaining players of the game who received cards at the beginning of the hand​
d. All players at the table will be dealt cards – even if absent from their seat​
9. There must be a minimum of four players for the game to be bad beat eligible
10. The Bad Beat is seeded with $100 by host – all raked money will first pay back host, then accumulate to build the jackpot over $100
11. The nightly rake will be counted in front of another player to maintain transparency and the jackpot total will be kept on the white board

One of the games here locally does the 7-2 rule. It's been a .25/.50 game whenever I've played, and if someone has won with 7-2, everyone has paid $1. Everyone seems to enjoy it, and it's always fun trying to find an excuse to play those cards.

Never played Bomb pots, but I do like to gambol from time to time - I'd be all for one every hour or so.

Its unfair that you have positional advantage for all of these higher variance games.

I would have thought one advantage with a bomb pot would be for those with the worst position since they're now guaranteed to see a flop with some money in it. So if you wake up with something unplayable in say the small blind you'd normally fold, but now you're going to see the flop and might actually luck out.

I would have thought one advantage with a bomb pot would be for those with the worst position since they're now guaranteed to see a flop with some money in it. So if you wake up with something unplayable in say the small blind you'd normally fold, but now you're going to see the flop and might actually luck out.

I'll take position in a bloated pot any day id the week.

$1 raked from every pot over $10.

Here are my rules:

Bad Beat Jackpot
1. The amount of the small blind will be raked from any pot over $10 to fund the Bad Beat
2. There will be two bad beat jackpots, one for Texas Hold Em, and one for Circus games
3. Any cash game held outside a charity event will be Bad Beat eligible
4. Minimum qualifying hand for the bad beat is Aces Full beaten for Hold Em
a. The minimum qualifying hand will drop each $200 the jackpot raises​
b. $200 – Aces Full Beaten​
c. $400 – Kings Full Beaten​
d. $600 – Queens Full Beaten​
e. $800 - Jacks Full Beaten​
f. $1000 – Tens Full Beaten​
g. $1200 – Any Full House Beaten​
h. $1500 – Ace High Flush Beaten​
5. Minimum qualifying hand for the Circus bad beat is Quads beaten
a. No Wild Card Games are eligible​
b. Both qualifying hands must play in the same pot for split pot games​
6. For a hand to be eligible to qualify for a Bad Beat, the pot must meet a minimum of $10
7. Both the winning and losing hands must use both of their hole cards to create the highest possible hand
8. Payouts of the Bad Beat are as follows:
a. 50% of the Bad Beat prize will be awarded to the Bad Beat hand (losing hand)​
b. 25% of the Bad Beat prize will be awarded to the winner of the hand​
c. 25% of the Bad Beat prize will be awarded equally among the remaining players of the game who received cards at the beginning of the hand​
d. All players at the table will be dealt cards – even if absent from their seat​
9. There must be a minimum of four players for the game to be bad beat eligible
10. The Bad Beat is seeded with $100 by host – all raked money will first pay back host, then accumulate to build the jackpot over $100
11. The nightly rake will be counted in front of another player to maintain transparency and the jackpot total will be kept on the white board
Craig I'm gonna use some of this. This is very thorough. Question though. I don't quite understand the subsections under number 4. Are those aces full of Kings, queens, Jack's etc or are you saying the way it's typed? Maybe I'm slow.

Craig I'm gonna use some of this. This is very thorough. Question though. I don't quite understand the subsections under number 4. Are those aces full of Kings, queens, Jack's etc or are you saying the way it's typed? Maybe I'm slow.
Just the way it's typed. Basically I drop the qualifying hand every $200. AAAxx beaten, then KKKxx etc. We've had the hold em bad beat hit three times now, and each time was right around the $1,000 mark, which in previous years was A high flush beaten. I raised the levels a bit this year to grow the pot a bit more.

Just the way it's typed. Basically I drop the qualifying hand every $200. AAAxx beaten, then KKKxx etc. We've had the hold em bad beat hit three times now, and each time was right around the $1,000 mark, which in previous years was A high flush beaten. I raised the levels a bit this year to grow the pot a bit more.
Ahhhhh ok so the higher the bad beat jackpot the lower the hand to qualify for it?

I'll take position in a bloated pot any day id the week.

Well of course everyone will take good position over bad position any time all else being equal.

I agree btw that when a bomb pot should happen should be 'random' as far as relative position goes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom