Cash Game Fun Simulated Cash Game Chip Breakdown Help (1 Viewer)

Okku

Full House
Reaction score
I'm looking for some help to figure out what amount of chips I'd be needing for a "simulated" cash game next week. Simulated meaning, let's say we buy in for $1 or so and get $100 in chips. Something along those lines. We have about 14 people coming and will be using two tables. I've done plenty of these smaller tournaments, but we have never tried a cash game. We have one person leaving for college so we'd like to play for a longer time instead of playing tournament style where people would be getting knocked out and then would just sit around.

So we've got about 14 people in play, two tables and plenty of chips to choose from, I believe. The idea was to use $1s, $5s, $25s and then possibly $100s. I'm not exactly sure that we'll need to get to the $100s, but you never know. Let's go over what I've got to choose from and then you guys can hopefully help me out. In case I don't have enough chips to choose from I do have a backup set of chips that would be able to cover probably 6 tables.

The main thing I'd like help figuring out is starting stacks or initial buy-in and blinds. For example, 1/1, 1/2, 1/5 or what would work best with the chips that I have.

Here's the chips I'd be willing to use and I don't mind mixing racks since they are all going to be RHC.

$1 Chips:
x200 - Indiana Grand $1s
x200 - Wa She Shu $1s

$5 Chips:
x300 - Indiana Grand $5s
x100 - Ginsberg Microsoft $5s

$25 Chips:
x200 - Indiana Grand $25s

$100 Chips:
x100 - Indiana Grand $100s

Any help would be greatly appreciated, you guys are the best!

You will be be playing $1 as 1c right?

Playing $1/$2 at buyin for $200 each for 7 ppl per table

First five person get

$1 x 20
$5 x 16
$25 x 4

And rest get

$5 x 20
$25 x 4

Chip set for 2 table will be
$1 x 200
$5 x 400
$25 x 200
$100 x 100

There will be 76 buyin in total so average 5+ per person but not sure if these will be enough as it just a $2 buyin.

Someone may just all in blind every hand for $2 since it just $2 for 100bb.

In that case $25 are going to be your workhorse chip after the players warmed up

Last edited:
I would do 1/1 or 1/2 blinds, whichever you prefer. Your workhorse for the night will be fives, but you can probably afford to leave the Ginsberg chips out. Starting stacks could be:

15x 1
17x 5
4x 25
———

Thanks @LeLe and @mipevi! Both great breakdowns and I think we'll be good to go then.

I really appreciate it. If anyone has any other thoughts please post them and I can dial it in. Pictures will be posted in the official home game thread Wednesday night, Thursday morning. Should be a fun and exciting time ;)

I would do 1/1 or 1/2 blinds, whichever you prefer. Your workhorse for the night will be fives, but you can probably afford to leave the Ginsberg chips out. Starting stacks could be:

15x 1
17x 5
4x 25
———
Agree with this. However there would be 10 too few $1 chips, so last buyin on each table need 5 less ones and one more $5. After 14 buyins of the above (with the slight change I suggested) you have this in play:
200x $1
240x $5
56x $25

Next rebuys I'd make sure the rest of the fives get in play, and then twentyfives and hundreds after that.

I'd definitely stick to one set and use only IG chips!

When family is in town we will do play using the 10 x's rule. Everyone buys in for $5 to $20 bucks. I give them $50 to $200 bucks. We play .25/.50 stakes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom