Friendly Fit Competition? (1 Viewer)

I'm going to follow along, and try to start exercising more (and maybe drinking less beer, but that sounds terrible). But I'm not going to enter the formal competition. I know with certainty that I won't win, so those aren't bets I like to make.

I'm torn here. I have very little interest in diet or exercise, but OTOH I LOVE competitions!!! Oh, my. What to do... :confused

I guess I'm in, but interested in seeing how this is set up. (ps. I haven't read all 100+ posts)

I'm going to follow along, and try to start exercising more (and maybe drinking less beer, but that sounds terrible). But I'm not going to enter the formal competition. I know with certainty that I won't win, so those aren't bets I like to make.
Same as Jilm and one or two others, awesome! A couple of those folks are just setting a personal goal they're hoping to hit for the 90 days - we'll get you a unique link in case you want to drop in and just have progress tracked along with the group.

I'm torn here. I have very little interest in diet or exercise, but OTOH I LOVE competitions!!! Oh, my. What to do... :confused

I guess I'm in, but interested in seeing how this is set up. (ps. I haven't read all 100+ posts)
I got you. I'll message ya.

Last edited:
@timinater can we get logins/links for the following folks:

IN
@Frogzilla
@timinater
@AK Chip
@Teach42
@ChipEnvy
@ReallyGoodUsername
@JeepologyOffroad
@Ben8257
@BarrieJ3
@colter ripton
@pacmartine
@dmoney
@FordPickup92
@JustDave
@TX_Golf_N_Poker
@DZPoker
@Natskule
@Jeevansluck

If we can add in a goal and view that shows progress towards goals for everyone (so that the folks just toning up and dropping a few can follow along and have a chance to see their names up there in the lights!), can we create form links for the folks below:
@judgeanjury
@liftapint
@Big Jilm
@markleteenie

If I've missed anyone, or you're looking to join, let me know!

Went for a post workout evening walk last night in the 109 degree SoCal heat. Damn that was tough! Lol

Guess I better get used to it for the next few weeks

Had a decent week last week. One meal I went overboard, but rest was decent, and I met my exercise and drinking plan.

Football season is gonna make it a little tougher, I picked up a ton of cold wet stuff to try to substitute that habit. The “hint” isn’t carbonated or sweetened and is pretty good. I do recommend.

5192C5C0-173B-464B-B741-D03A285DA971.jpeg

Hey @BarrieJ3, is it too late for me to join in? I am seriously out of control and need something to get me back into HM shape.

I'll have to dig through a few boxes to figure out what my bounty will be.
Absolutely! A lot of people are sharing the same feelings/thoughts. Hopefully people recognizing this thing is going to be less and less about winning or prizes, and more about hopefully getting a couple of people underway!

Last edited:
Had a decent week last week. One meal I went overboard, but rest was decent, and I met my exercise and drinking plan.

Football season is gonna make it a little tougher, I picked up a ton of cold wet stuff to try to substitute that habit. The “hint” isn’t carbonated or sweetened and is pretty good. I do recommend.

View attachment 528121
Topo Chico! Glad to see a good start. I'm weighing in with most folks by/on Monday, but probably had a B/B+ week.

Sadly, I'm realizing that my normal exercise goals will not be met due to children and wife (I love everything athletic and this is the easy part to me), so changing my food lifestyle is going to have to be much stronger (I am horrible at this part).

Absolutely! A lot of people are sharing the same feelings/thoughts. Recognizing this thing is going to be less and less about winning or prizes, and more about hopefully getting a couple of people underway!
Yeah honestly I don't even know how the bounty thing works. :) I just want in because I think doing this with a group that I'm accountable to will help me stay on track.

Yeah honestly I don't even know how the bounty thing works. :) I just want in because I think doing this with a group that I'm accountable to will help me stay on track.
We are each throwing in a small prize (card capper, sample set, setup, etc) to prize pool. That goes to the winner. More of an ante than a bounty

So...... What are we supposed to be doing right now? When do we start?

Can we edit the first post to sticky the primary information?

So...... What are we supposed to be doing right now? When do we start?

Can we edit the first post to sticky the primary information?
Timinator is getting the login stuff setup, and we'll get those out. Going to post the new thread tonight, with all the contestants, prizes, and what's needed at some point tomorrow (the weigh in).

@BarrieJ3 I still haven't received a PM from you. Is there an official day or time for a beginning weigh-in?

I sorted started today. Wife and I went on an 11 mile bike ride. Doesn't sound like much, but it's a start. Especially in Houston heat and humidity. Last mile I thought I was dying.

Yeah if everyone want's to send over starting weights now we can get those entered. Soon as we're back from dinner I'll create the new thread.

Thought I caught you, I'll send over the same message everyone got for starting weights @TX_Golf_N_Poker

Had my first set back since I started a month ago. Went out to run today and my back started up. I can feel my sciatic nerve down my left leg......really painful. I am hoping it chills out and that I will be able to stick to the bike for a few weeks

Had my first set back since I started a month ago. Went out to run today and my back started up. I can feel my sciatic nerve down my left leg......really painful. I am hoping it chills out and that I will be able to stick to the bike for a few weeks
There are a bunch of stretches that can help. I did some serious damage 20 years ago and have on-again-off-again issues. I didn’t want to recommend any in particular because it seems to depend on the particulars person to person...but hit up google, try a few, and hopefully it’ll help?

Still drinking beer like it’s a holiday weekend or something. But I did do a 9.6 mile hike yesterday to Pete Lake (only mild elevation changes) and an hour or so of kayaking on Lake Cle Elum this morning. I am sore. I am extra thirsty for a beer...but the exercise felt great!

Will get everyone’s forms ready tomorrow night - maaaybe tonight but better jot those starting weights down just in case my kids are wild animals tomorrow and I don’t get to it.
No worries, I'll start the new thread right now and get everyones first weights via PM like we planned anyways. Will just get their links out to them Monday or whenever so they have a chance to do updates and see the progress.

Un momento everyone, best wishes and good luck!

Anybody have any big losses yet? Are we supposed to log weekly?
Maintained mostly this week. Which was good for me with all the extracurricular activities. I need to post my weight though.

I gained 6 pounds (wtf?!) this weekend. Obviously I'm not taking this seriously enough. @Ben8257 just send me your address now and I'll mail you your prize :)
It's all about the effort and trying brother... I unfortunately go hard core and it's the only way I know how to do it!! I'm not trying to win anyone else bounty/antee whatever they are calling it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom