Friend of mine crushes on local $1/$3 live stream (1 Viewer)

Legend5555

Full House
Reaction score
Last night my wife and I are going to bed and we turn on the local Little Kings and Queens live stream to watch as we are going to bed. Low and behold a guy that we used to play with very regularly but haven't seen in probably 10 years is playing in the game. $1/$3 with a $500 cap. And he played two hands in the last hour I wanted to share for the lolz.

First some setup. My buddy's name is Shaun. He is in the 1 seat. I've played with him a lot and judging from how he played during the stream, he hasn't changed much in terms of his play in the last 10 years. He isn't a pro or anything, purely a recreational player. But he is very much a exploitative and feel player. He tries to cultivate a very ridiculous loose image and capitalize on it. He will limp junk from up front, call raises with 23o, etc. He also reads people pretty well and knows how to capitalize on his image against people that notice it. But when the big money goes in, he almost always has it. Granted, none of these players on the stream know this about him. The two hands highlighted below happen 3 hours into the stream. By this point he has mostly just been floating around the initial buy-in. Was down to $300 early after playing his normal ATC image setting game. But by the time the hands come up, he is at $700. In the 30 or so mins prior to this he has shown that he 3 bet pre with 35o after he got the initial raiser to fold, and limp reraised 99 from the BB after a button straddle to $10 and got TT to laydown pre. He showed this too. In addition to just showing down all sorts of other garbage throughout the night.

To paraphrase what he said to me, "they all just played so badly that I knew when I finally hit a big hand they just weren't going to be able to fold. It was fairly obvious when I was ahead with my junk and when I was behind post flop. And they tended to play fairly face up."

His strategy would get killed by better players as they wouldn't let him get away with seeing flops with the ranges he plays. But when he isn't getting punished, and nobody knows what he's doing, when he hits something with junk he is almost always going to get paid. He is good at putting people on tilt too. Not sure how much of his table talk he did on stream though as it was hard to hear, but he knew how to push people's buttons back in the day.

Anyway, onto the hands. Tagging @boltonguy and @grebe as I think you'll find this funny to see the "strategy" employed by all players in these hands. I'm going to try to get on this stream before the end of the year.

“Either he’s got nothing…. Or….”

It worked.

Should have tagged @JustinInMN for this too. I think you also will find the "strategy" in these hands enlightening. See what people here in the only "legal" cardroom in GA are doing.

It's good to be lucky I guess....... :sneaky:
Also I need to play 75o more..... ;)

Typical $1/$3 garbage hands by all players. Those like Shaun who can capitalize on these players who can't fold when they have a piece can just print money. I can't imagine ever putting over 100bb in with top pair only myself.

@Legend5555 what sort of drive is this for you? I imagine you would crush this game. Hope it’s close enough to play regularly
It's about 75 minutes. I saw a little bit of vlog coverage from a dealer that helped deal the most recent series there. The non streamed 1/3 game he should was just as ridiculous if not more so. And that Poker Queen (Chris(tina) Read) is the local "pro."

OMG I just saw the second 75o hand. No way Poker Queen is a pro: RFI KTo from UTG and calling turn? Like she really thinks her top pair is good there? Wow. If she had jammed there it would have been worthy of the Hustler stream.

Thanks for the tag! Since this is a "strategy" post, here are my .02 from watching exactly those two hands:

-first and foremost, live poker is not dead! There are some really atrocious plays here. I think you could do well to play a straight game against these people, as they seem willing to die on some very odd hills
-First hand....the 3! should have taken this down. This is straight up bingo...you want to catch the wild aggro player with his hand in the cookie jar? This is not the hand to do that with. He deserved to get stacked. Really stupid.
-second hand: KTo UTG is a straight up fold and it's not even close. Her turn lead is lighting money on fire after all the action on the flop. This is a hand she should not have even been in and she lost the maximum. dumb dumb dumb. What does she think she is beating here? She doesnt even have the best single pair (AT beats her). KJs guy played pretty well from what I see.
-Shawn: In these two hands he got pretty lucky to be best. Bottom two is not that great against multiple opponents and lots of action, but the flops favored him very well, especially the first one where potentially nobody hit it but him. I think that overall, he has to be REALLY GOOD at reading people to overcome the -ev of playing 57o in the long run to raises.
-overall, these should have been inconsequential hands and small pots. Some really gross mistakes by his opponents allowed these pots to get bloated. Long live poker!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom