Friday July 24th - Truman's House (Snooptodd Welcome Game!) (1 Viewer)

bergs

Full House
Reaction score
Our very own Snoop is completing a 5 stop, 5 night poker bike tour in July, in preparation for his across the country biking degenathon next year. His last stop on the tour will be Truman's House on Friday night. Let's get 2 tables of ridiculous action going to celebrate!!

WHEN: Friday, July 24th at 6:00pm
WHERE: Truman's House (Westford, MA)
WHAT: 25/50c NLHE + Pineapple + PLO + Big O rotation (plus possible $1/1 Circus w/ Dunes chips)
BREWS: Of course - I'll have a bunch of Julius from Treehouse for everyone and other assorted beers as well, plus the regular booze, soda, water
FOOD: Brickhouse Pizza + World Famous CLB Chocolate Chip Cookies

Dealer Rob is locked up for this game for the main table.

Reply here to lock up a seat. This game will go all night long, should be a fun one.
1) Bergs
2) Ba-Cawk
3) Snoop
4) Sweat Everything
5) Rebuy Nine Thousand
6) Lord of All Socks
7) Malaka
8) Singular Rand
9) Jimulcrawhatever
10) Clay The King
12)
13)
14)

Last edited:

bergs

Full House
Reaction score
Pickup up some Treehouse brews tonight and next weekend for this game. I'll have loads of Julius, some Ma (hoppy fruity amber ale) and some other treats as well.

guinness

Flush
Reaction score
I literally thought Clay did some shitty photoshop job putting his face on the card. Not the case?

I assumed the same, but I'm still amazed at the similarity given rough sketching.

Cannot wait to cruuuuuuuuise on down.

gifs_01.gif

iBetOnEverything

Two Pair
Reaction score
My friend was in school for graphic design and one of his assignments was to make a photo of a person into a cartoon. He made it without my permission, posted it to FB, and thus the legend was born.

My aunt then took that picture and made these sweeeeeeet gifts for me (from the low res version posted to FB):

OTj338wh.jpg

Ct3Zia4h.jpg

I do have a super hi res version and a screen printing place down the street from me........

snooptodd

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
So I'm at a water park in the middle of nowhere PA with eight kids. Next week's bike trip can't come soon enough.

iBetOnEverything

Two Pair
Reaction score
I leave for PA on the 26th, only 1 child though and I negotiated one night away to play at Parx. :p

bergs

Full House
Reaction score
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk. I'm out. But I have a good reason. Poker sorry and regular sorry.

Bummmmmah! Was looking forward to seeing you and watching you and Tim torture each other. I'll host again this summer and the suite is always open, Gopher.

jbutler

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I'm guessing your mean a $1200 pot six ways? Either way, need more updates...

Jimulacrum

Flush
Reaction score
I'm guessing your mean a $1200 pot six ways? Either way, need more updates...

Right, and it was even worse than 6 ways. It was 1/6, 5/12, 5/12 for a three-way nut low and two-way nut high.

Let's not forget that there was a significant side pot that was already awarded by the time this photo was taken.

guinness

Flush
Reaction score
I had a phenomenal time, great beer and great company. Surprisingly Berg and I sat next to each other but never shipped a big pot to either. Got home at 5am craving pancakes. Its now 9am and we're off for pancakes. Holla Holla dollar bill pancakes yo.

Some pics early in the night. Clay brought chips and I thought they were delicious, then again, I'd probably love Rueben bubble gum if it came out. Good luck on your final stretch Snoop.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1437792219480.jpg
    FB_IMG_1437792219480.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20150724_171808593.jpg
    IMG_20150724_171808593.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20150724_175520487.jpg
    IMG_20150724_175520487.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20150724_194856161.jpg
    IMG_20150724_194856161.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 119

guinness

Flush
Reaction score
Snoop definitely got the WTF Rueben play of the week. Really late on a A22xx board and snoop ships $700 on the river with air and Berg calls (whats that flapping call of the cards called?) with AK to scoop. Very unlike Snoop but clearly he has cycle lag. For a minute I thought I shipped the $700 and started counting my stacks but realized I wasn't in the hand.

Also, before "why are those guys on their cell phones?", both grumpy cat and I realized we both have a hobby of saving super stupid images on our phone so we had a "image off" at the table for about 15 minutes. Hookers who fart FTW.

bergs

Full House
Reaction score
6 of us really drinking out of the 10 players and we crushed 7 growlers and at least 30 cans of Treehouse hoppy goodness. I woke up around 2p. lolsleepaments.

There was two unusual hands with Guinness and I.

Hand one (Big O hi/lo). I raise pre with JJ67x and a couple people call. Flop is Jxx and we check. Turn is an 8, putting a low draw on the board. I check, Guinness bets 2/3 pot, I repot, and he goes into the tank and then shows 88. I start figuring out how to get his chips stacked with my current chips and still have room for my beer. He starts complaining that I always have JJ here and I'm thinking "hi, I'm bergs, have we met?". He finally calls with his low draw to chop the pot and binks it on the river. Lotsa credit for not snap shipping there. I thought I had him dead to rights.

Later in the night, there was a hand where I had AAxx (PLO hi only) and the board ran out 777. I ended up bet-folding when Tim repotted for what would've been my stack. He said he put me on AA (?!?!?!?!??&)((&$(;(!&))) and knew he could get me off it on that board. Then he said he had a 7. Still not sure what he had but I drank copious amounts of beer after that hand.

bergs

Full House
Reaction score
I went into check-call down mode in that NLHE hand against Snoop with AK. Given the preflop action I was pretty sure he had a premium hand and the A22 flop was pretty perfect. Once he started firing I figured he had a big A like AQ and I was out kicking him with AK, but the river ship was not comfortable to call. I think I called pretty quickly but it was a gulp-call and I was hoping he'd just check.

snooptodd

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Snoop definitely got the WTF Rueben play of the week. Really late on a A22xx board and snoop ships $700 on the river with air and Berg calls (whats that flapping call of the cards called?) with AK to scoop. Very unlike Snoop but clearly he has cycle lag. For a minute I thought I shipped the $700 and started counting my stacks but realized I wasn't in the hand.

Also, before "why are those guys on their cell phones?", both grumpy cat and I realized we both have a hobby of saving super stupid images on our phone so we had a "image off" at the table for about 15 minutes. Hookers who fart FTW.

To be fair, the $700 got shipped over three streets (about $300 on the river), and it wasn't air ... I had showdown value, but figured Bergs had an ace with a weaker kicker and I might get him to fold. I was definitely wrong and should have checked/folded after he called the flop bet.

Thanks to bergs, Chicken and Clay for getting games together. The trip was a blast and I took a lot away from it. I'm writing a column to be posted tomorrow on lessons learned for if/when I get the cross-country tour together, I'll post it in the trip thread.

guinness

Flush
Reaction score
To be fair, the $700 got shipped over three streets (about $300 on the river), and it wasn't air ... I had showdown value, but figured Bergs had an ace with a weaker kicker and I might get him to fold. I was definitely wrong and should have checked/folded after he called the flop bet.

Thanks to bergs, Chicken and Clay for getting games together. The trip was a blast and I took a lot away from it. I'm writing a column to be posted tomorrow on lessons learned for if/when I get the cross-country tour together, I'll post it in the trip thread.

Ah okay. To be honest I wasn't paying attention to the hand and you didn't show IIRC. I was like "whaaa" when the chipes shipped because you have the table image to represent the DOOOS but alas if there was 800+ going into the river I don't see inducing a fold happening anyways. You know this and so why I said cycle lag.

I miss pokaz already.

snooptodd

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Ah okay. To be honest I wasn't paying attention to the hand and you didn't show IIRC. I was like "whaaa" when the chipes shipped because you have the table image to represent the DOOOS but alas if there was 800+ going into the river I don't see inducing a fold happening anyways. You know this and so why I said cycle lag.

I miss pokaz already.

Yeah I definitely played the hand pretty horribly, and Bergs played it perfectly, and there's no way he's folding to another $300 on the river with any ace, so it was a pretty horrible bet. He raises at any point and I go away, and I didn't have the sense to think about the hand as a whole, just thinking street-to-street. I guess it's not surprising how exhausted I was -- still a zombie, and I took a 2-hour nap yesterday afternoon at home, we went and saw Minions with the kids and I slept through most of that, and I had a solid 8 hours last night.

Not surprisingly, lesson number one from this trip is to get more rest.

Top Bottom