Freeroll in O-Hi-Lo mini-meetup November 10-12, 2022 (2 Viewers)

RocAFella1

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I’ll try to keep this short.

@Hornet - cannot thank you enough for welcoming us into your house.

@Perthmike - thanks for at least wearing a modesty sock

@detroitdad - always a great time with you. Thanks for cooking breakfast and letting Mike and I borrow your car to escape the basement and get some cheesesteaks.

@the rest of Michigan - it was fun playing in a Michigan game in Ohio. Foreshadowing a Michigan takeover in Columbus in two weeks? @Boother36 style @WedgeRock co-mod of OoC thread @mike32 light beers matter @Sprouty my guy
@Random Phish enjoyed playing and chatting
And I guess @detroitdad is alright too

@bergs - thanks for being a SQUIRTer

@Ben8257 @FordPickup92 - finally got to meet and play with PCF’s First Couple. Love the ziploc full of pot splashers. And thanks for sharing your colons with me.

@MatB - thanks for supplying the natural gas for the meetup.

@CraigT78 @k9dr @DeusEx - always fun hanging with you guys

@gopherblue - thanks for not bringing real TRKs ;) and sorry for “accidentally” spilling beer on the Vesper Clubs

@Headhunter13 - great chatting with you

And anyone else I may have missed.

Looking forward to the next one in O-Hi-Lo assuming we didn’t mess up @Hornet house too much.

Perthmike

Straight Flush
Reaction score
7 hours down. 16 to go. Fuck you Australia for being so far away lol
PXL_20221114_222225303.jpg

Ben8257

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well... post #10k for Ole Benny boy, trying to think where else I should have my 10k post. Well why not at in an appreciation post at the end of our 8th meet up this year. "Royal Straight Flush" well that's false advertising, I have only ever seen two on the tables and never one I owned myself. Lol

What an awesome way to cap off an amazing "traveling poker season" @Hornet We can't thank you enough for finding room for us (I am well aware if it was just me I would have never been invited) in your amazing VIP line up! At this point so many familiar faces, many of whom have become very close friends of ours. @detroitdad @CraigT78 @Hornet @DeusEx @Goldfish @MatB (I am saving 3 for later in thus Ben book) we have literally become a band of traveling misfit poker players. As I always say... those that simply watch from the side lines are just missing out entirely on the true spirit of PCF. You guys are family to us, thank you so much for always making the "new kids" feel comfortable.

To @bergs my brother Rob, I know I have said it before... but I have absolutely zero explanation on how we ever thought you were mean or unapproachable, you are absolutely amazing and ANY meet up that you are in attendance is filled with even more fun and laughter simply by you being apart of it! We may not always play the same stakes but I cherish the felt time we do get together and am always crossing my fingers when another "Meet up" thread starts that we can be in attendance, that you will be on the list.

To @BootySnatcher my brother Rufus. You didn't even know who Brie and Ben were just a short year ago when you signed up for a meet up in a little town in Ohio. I certainly didn't know what to expect or how our little meet up would keep the amazing Rufus entertained and Mr. Brad. But you guys did make the jourmey and played poker that night till 5:30 in the morning
16332388590986401126999086115850.jpg

"Bitching while winning" is the title given to you by your peers and it is absolutely fitting and I love it! The personality you bring to the felt is unmatched and whilst can be viewed as negative it is also halarious at the same time. I had no idea that a year later we would make 5 meet ups together just the following year! GA, VA, KC, PA, OH again family not just friends. Like a horny Batchelor group of young Buffalo seen below. (Lmao)
Screenshot_20221115-112152_Messages.jpg

We all love you Rufus! Thanks for the HUGE tray of peach cobbler, it was delicious and can't wait to see you again in 2023!

@k9dr what can I say Mark? One hell of a season brother! "CLUB OCHO" not sure how many PCF members have ever attended 8 meet ups in a single season but we did it! From February at your own home for SQM
0B761711-8CEF-4359-AFD4-42DAA124D35F.jpeg.jpg

All the way to Ohio in the snow, it was one awesome. Honestly you have helped Brie and I both elevate our games trying to get to your level! Amazing competition on the felt and genuine awesome friend to us both! See you in Alaska to kick off 2023!

Anybody make it this far? Back to the meet up! Haha

So many new faces as well, it was our first time meeting many of @detroitdad local players. What a great group of guys and obviously you actually enjoy each other's company because you guys basically stuck together all weekend! Unfortunately my table time with the Detroit crew was on my worst cash day ever (down $460 for the day) but it was great to share one of my favorite sets of chips with lots of new folks
20221111_171620.jpg

@Sprouty , @mike32 , @Boother36 and @WedgeRock (also pictured the one and only @RocAFella1 and my beautiful GF Ms. Brie) not shown is @Rhodeman77 who unfortunately with playing very different stakes we didn't get any felt time together, but definitely talked a bit stretched out on the couch. Shout out to the Michigan crew and promise we will still make it up at some point!

Also got to meet "the great" @Perthmike btw way nicer than his online personality, actually got quite a bit of felt time with Mike and it is always awesome meeting chippers from the other side of the world. This year alone I had the pleasure of playing poker with @cosmokramer , @Thomacetti and now Perthmike. I hope in the future others can make it over for a meet up.

Elliot @gopherblue we didn't get much table time this go round. Like Mark I was keeping an eye on an open seat with the Vespers in play, but after I took over the bank I was pretty much stuck on the same table for Saturday.

back to Friday, we had a morning session on Hornets TRKs, i think I turned a $40 profit on that one going into the tourney (little did I know that would be my only positive session of the day)

My tournament life was short lived had a couple of big hands that my draws just didn't get there, also I literally drew murderes row
20221111_142528.jpg

I mean I guess not technically as @MatB Was running in God mode on the other table and knocking people out left and right! "Player down" was about all we heard from that part of the room for quite a while.

After that I tried my hand at one of the "bigger kid" tables. Still $.25/$.50 but $200 buy in. My only felt time with @Goldfish this weekend. Second hand of Big O I get Ac3c5hxx.... the board comes 2c4cQc not only did I flop the nuts, I have the nut low draw, steel wheel draw.... damn this big boy stuff ain't bad! I pot it, call, call... turn is the 10c, I pot it for $135, call, call... oh baby we eating good tonight... maybe I can sit with these kids! River 10h, the Ole paired board... Angela pots... I call, bye Ben... that was a ton of fun. Dropped another $140 on the Michigan table... just wasn't my day.

Going into Saturday after an almost $500 down day it wasn't looking great, but they all say we have to ride the wave. Whilst everyone is upstairs enjoying breakfast prepared by @detroitdad I take some time in the basement alone... the calm before the storm. Fortunes will change hands in this beautiful arena very shortly
20221112_102546.jpg

And what a beautiful Arena it is! I brought a few barrels of the new Tina Hybrids and thought it would be funny to splash them on one of the finest playing surfaces I have ever played on
20221112_102653.jpg

So we take over the nice table whilst folks are finishing up breakfast, decide to play the RPCs and they are absolutely mind blowing bright, just awesome chips. The table quickly turns into a blood bath and rebuys are flying, both @FordPickup92 and @detroitdad both hit big early. The only pic I took
20221112_161737.jpg

"Hey that's my KC straddle hat" I must have it back!! Lol anyways many players on and off the table throughout the 13 hour session and I finished up $300, a long slow grind but wound up $30 down for the whole trip... amazing company, great poker and atmosphere! Well that's a win in my book!

To the amazing Ms. Brie @FordPickup92 "club ocho" baby. It was a hell of a run we made at it this year love! Looking forward to the next season with my (much better than me) poker partner in crime! I love you beautiful!!

Thank You David for an amazing weekend! Thank you PCF for our new found life over the last 3 1/2 years! Bring in the 2023 meet ups.

Again thank you @Tommy For such an amazing platform that brings people from all different walks of life together. Seriously would have never thought 4 years ago if someone asked
"hey what are you doing this weekend?" That my answer would be.
"Well we are driving 6.5 hours to Ohio to play $.25/$.50 poker in a millionares Mansion basement twice the size if our entire house with other fellow enthusiasts in our hobby from around the world! Why what are you guys up to?"
Typical response
"well I was going to buy a 30 pack of natty light and wanted tonsee if you wanted to come over, get drunk and help build a chicken coop"

Anyways
Hope to see you all in your best Thong Bikinis in sunny Alaska in March (smfh seriously who goes to Alaska in March! Haha)

Sorry friends, sitting in my truck all day waiting for an inspector that was supposed to be here 3 hours ago, I had nothing else to do other than write yet another Ben Book.

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
down $460 for the day) but it was great to share one of my favorite sets of chips with lots of new folks

Is that the session where I moved over and then proceeded to scoop, and take half of every hand of 2-7 and archie? The drawing gods definitely kissed my cards that session!

both @FordPickup92 and @detroitdad both hit big early. The only pic I took

This was not only my biggest session of the weekend. One of my biggest sessions in the last few years. In for $100, out for $750. Not @MatB type winnings, but I'll take it!

As always, you guys are fun to play cards with!

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@detroitdad - always a great time with you. Thanks for cooking breakfast and letting Mike and I borrow your car to escape the basement and get some cheesesteaks.

Breakfast was pretty easy. Scrambled eggs and sausage links. It was good seeing you again!

Perthmike

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Well... post #10k for Ole Benny boy, trying to think where else I should have my 10k post. Well why not at in an appreciation post at the end of our 8th meet up this year. "Royal Straight Flush" well that's false advertising, I have only ever seen two on the tables and never one I owned myself. Lol

What an awesome way to cap off an amazing "traveling poker season" @Hornet We can't thank you enough for finding room for us (I am well aware if it was just me I would have never been invited) in your amazing VIP line up! At this point so many familiar faces, many of whom have become very close friends of ours. @detroitdad @CraigT78 @Hornet @DeusEx @Goldfish @MatB (I am saving 3 for later in thus Ben book) we have literally become a band of traveling misfit poker players. As I always say... those that simply watch from the side lines are just missing out entirely on the true spirit of PCF. You guys are family to us, thank you so much for always making the "new kids" feel comfortable.

To @bergs my brother Rob, I know I have said it before... but I have absolutely zero explanation on how we ever thought you were mean or unapproachable, you are absolutely amazing and ANY meet up that you are in attendance is filled with even more fun and laughter simply by you being apart of it! We may not always play the same stakes but I cherish the felt time we do get together and am always crossing my fingers when another "Meet up" thread starts that we can be in attendance, that you will be on the list.

To @BootySnatcher my brother Rufus. You didn't even know who Brie and Ben were just a short year ago when you signed up for a meet up in a little town in Ohio. I certainly didn't know what to expect or how our little meet up would keep the amazing Rufus entertained and Mr. Brad. But you guys did make the jourmey and played poker that night till 5:30 in the morning
View attachment 1023731
"Bitching while winning" is the title given to you by your peers and it is absolutely fitting and I love it! The personality you bring to the felt is unmatched and whilst can be viewed as negative it is also halarious at the same time. I had no idea that a year later we would make 5 meet ups together just the following year! GA, VA, KC, PA, OH again family not just friends. Like a horny Batchelor group of young Buffalo seen below. (Lmao)
View attachment 1023734
We all love you Rufus! Thanks for the HUGE tray of peach cobbler, it was delicious and can't wait to see you again in 2023!

@k9dr what can I say Mark? One hell of a season brother! "CLUB OCHO" not sure how many PCF members have ever attended 8 meet ups in a single season but we did it! From February at your own home for SQM
View attachment 1023737
All the way to Ohio in the snow, it was one awesome. Honestly you have helped Brie and I both elevate our games trying to get to your level! Amazing competition on the felt and genuine awesome friend to us both! See you in Alaska to kick off 2023!

So many new faces as well, it was our first time meeting many of @detroitdad local players. What a great group of guys and obviously you actually enjoy each other's company because you guys basically stuck together all weekend! Unfortunately my table time with the Detroit crew was on my worst cash day ever (down $460 for the day) but it was great to share one of my favorite sets of chips with lots of new folks
View attachment 1023739
@Sprouty , @mike32 , @Boother36 and @WedgeRock (also pictured the one and only @RocAFella1 and my beautiful GF Ms. Brie) not shown is @Rhodeman77 who unfortunately with playing very different stakes we didn't get any felt time together, but definitely talked a bit stretched out on the couch. Shout out to the Michigan crew and promise we will still make it up at some point!

Also got to meet "the great" @Perthmike btw way nicer than his online personality, actually got quite a bit of felt time with Mike and it is always awesome meeting chippers from the other side of the world. This year alone I had the pleasure of playing poker with @cosmokramer , @Thomacetti and now Perthmike. I hope in the future others can make it over for a meet up.

Elliot @gopherblue we didn't get much table time this go round. Like Mark I was keeping an eye on an open seat with the Vespers in play, but after I took over the bank I was pretty much stuck on the same table for Saturday.

back to Friday, we had a morning session on Hornets TRKs, i think I turned a $40 profit on that one going into the tourney (little did I know that would be my only positive session of the day)

My tournament life was short lived had a couple of big hands that my draws just didn't get there, also I literally drew murderes row
View attachment 1023742
I mean I guess not technically as @MatB Was running in God mode on the other table and knocking people out left and right! "Player down" was about all we heard from that part of the room for quite a while.

After that I tried my hand at one of the "bigger kid" tables. Still $.25/$.50 but $200 buy in. My only felt time with @Goldfish this weekend. Second hand of Big O I get Ac3c5hxx.... the board comes 2c4cQc not only did I flop the nuts, I have the nut low draw, steel wheel draw.... damn this big boy stuff ain't bad! I pot it, call, call... turn is the 10c, I pot it for $135, call, call... oh baby we eating good tonight... maybe I can sit with these kids! River 10h, the Ole paired board... Angela pots... I call, bye Ben... that was a ton of fun. Dropped another $140 on the Michigan table... just wasn't my day.

Going into Saturday after an almost $500 down day it wasn't looking great, but they all say we have to ride the wave. Whilst everyone is upstairs enjoying breakfast prepared by @detroitdad I take some time in the basement alone... the calm before the storm. Fortunes will change hands in this beautiful arena very shortly
View attachment 1023748
And what a beautiful Arena it is! I brought a few barrels of the new Tina Hybrids and thought it would be funny to splash them on one of the finest playing surfaces I have ever played on
View attachment 1023749
So we take over the nice table whilst folks are finishing up breakfast, decide to play the RPCs and they are absolutely mind blowing bright, just awesome chips. The table quickly turns into a blood bath and rebuys are flying, both @FordPickup92 and @detroitdad both hit big early. The only pic I took
View attachment 1023750
"Hey that's my KC straddle hat" I must have it back!! Lol anyways many players on and off the table throughout the 13 hour session and I finished up $300, a long slow grind but wound up $30 down for the whole trip... amazing company, great poker and atmosphere! Well that's a win in my book!

To the amazing Ms. Brie @FordPickup92 "club ocho" baby. It was a hell of a run we made at it this year love! Looking forward to the next season with my (much better than me) poker partner in crime! I love you beautiful!!

Thank You David for an amazing weekend! Thank you PCF for our new found life over the last 3 1/2 years! Bring in the 2023 meet ups.

Again thank you @Tommy For such an amazing platform that brings people from all different walks of life together. Seriously would have never thought 4 years ago if someone asked
"Well we are driving 6.5 hours to Ohio to play $.25/$.50 poker in a millionares Mansion basement twice the size if our entire house with other fellow enthusiasts in our hobby from around the world! Why what are you guys up to?"
Typical response
"well I was going to buy a 30 pack of natty light and wanted tonsee if you wanted to come over, get drunk and help build a chicken coop"

Anyways
Hope to see you all in your best Thong Bikinis in sunny Alaska in March (smfh seriously who goes to Alaska in March! Haha)

Sorry friends, sitting in my truck all day waiting for an inspector that was supposed to be here 3 hours ago, I had nothing else to do other than write yet another Ben Book.
Was good to meet you both too.

Ps I wasn't always that crotchety on the forum lol. Give it time, you will get there :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Thomacetti

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats brother, can’t wait to see you and Brie again.
Next year I’m going for the Club Ocho…4 are already locked in

And in your case, behind every great man…there is an even greater woman.
So congrats at Brie too, you are the perfect pcf couple.

Love from Belgium

And ^^ Hi Mike, how are things in Kangerooland @Perthmike ^^

Hornet

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1023731
View attachment 1023734

View attachment 1023737

View attachment 1023739

View attachment 1023742

View attachment 1023748
View attachment 1023749
View attachment 1023750

Typical response

Anyways

Glad you and Brie both could make it. And yes Ben, you would have been invited without your better half.

Love the photos, although one of my basement appears to have been altered!

Ben8257

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you and Brie both could make it. And yes Ben, you would have been invited without your better half.

Love the photos, although one of my basement appears to have been altered!
I hope you mean into an amazing sercret poker lair! And not that something is wrong... already worried mama isn't going to let us all back over because of the bathroom door. I hope the basement is ok?

Or do you mean that you didn't realize you could host an entire indoor arena football league practice facility WITH functional goal posts in what most people call their "spare space" Lmao

Last edited:

Hornet

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope you mean into an amazing sercret poker lair! And not that something is wrong... already worried mama isn't going to let us all back over because of the bathroom door. I hope the basement is ok?

Or do you mean that you didn't realize you could host an entire indoor arena football league practice facility WITH functional goal posts in what most people call their "spare space" Lmao
Basement is fine. But this photo you posted is not physically possible in my basement. Must have been some reverse background setting on your phone lol.

143E14C1-095A-4FAA-BC93-C468D5073E6B.jpeg

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basement is fine. But this photo you posted is not physically possible in my basement. Must have been some reverse background setting on your phone lol.

View attachment 1023936
That tripped me out too
I was like shit I wasn't that drunk I swear I sat on the other side of Roc! Lol

Headhunter13

Sitting Out
Reaction score

View attachment 1023936
Thank you! I’ve been scrambling my mind where he could have been standing to take this photo!! Probably because it is a selfie the image is flipped? IDK…

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score

View attachment 1023936
Fixed!

Polish_20221115_192700019.png

(Using the front facing camera will reverse the image... Didn't you notice the inlays were backward in the chips?)

Last edited:

Perthmike

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Congrats brother, can’t wait to see you and Brie again.
Next year I’m going for the Club Ocho…4 are already locked in

And in your case, behind every great man…there is an even greater woman.
So congrats at Brie too, you are the perfect pcf couple.

Love from Belgium

And ^^ Hi Mike, how are things in Kangerooland @Perthmike ^^
Yeah great thanks, how about yourself. Dunno what to call your country, place with overrated chocolate land?

Perthmike

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Dunno how everyone else feels and if this is normal post-meetup, but as pumped as I am to be back with the wife and daughter, it all feels like it was a dream now and I'm sadly back in reality.

Definitely need to get myself back for another Meetup. It really was an amazing experience and a trip of a lifetime. Fuck flying 50 hours in a week again though lol.

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dunno how everyone else feels and if this is normal post-meetup, but as pumped as I am to be back with the wife and daughter, it all feels like it was a dream now and I'm sadly back in reality.

Definitely need to get myself back for another Meetup. It really was an amazing experience and a trip of a lifetime. Fuck flying 50 hours in a week again though lol.
Glad you made it out Mike, and glad we were able to meet you and be a part of the journey. One of the few things left that's truly good about PCF, the people we get to know at these meet ups!

davislane

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score

East Coast Australian meetup?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom