Free large samples of our newest version of Suited Speed cloth (1 Viewer)

I stopped in at TPS on Monday to ask about their foams/cup holders and the owner was nice enough to show me these. The new cloths are noticeably softer and prettier versus the older stuff. Its clear the weave is different. I’d imagine it’s up their w YATs high grade SS, but haven’t felt that. Honestly not a big fan of SS overall but if I went SS it would be of this grade for sure.

Last edited:
Hoping to build a couple of new tables this summer, and I'm looking forward to the reviews. Thanks TPS!

Hey, @Nick@TPS. Not sure where to post my review, so I'll just do it here. Feel free to use it elsewhere if you'd like. I could also move to a standalone thread if that's what's best for you.

NOTE: I'd never seen any SSC before this, so I don't have much to compare against. I have, however, played poker for a long time and used tables of varying quality.

Material
At first glance, I love the way the material looks. Clean lines, big blocks of color, easily distinguishable suits. It's slightly reflective, and I like the way it picks up lower light. I feel like it might stand out in the typical, low-light poker room. It also seems fairly durable. It's thick material, not nearly as supple as I would have expected. I think this might prove beneficial once it's stretched over a playing surface.

My only complaint about the material is that I don't love how it feels on my hands. My skin catches on it, like some clothes will do if your hands are dry. Would be interested to know if anyone else feels that. I want the material to look nice, and it does, but I also want it to feel nice, as my fingertips will be scratching against it for hours at a time.

Hard to judge how the material would actually play, given the size of the samples. I tried to pitch some cards onto them, but they're just too small. Maybe someone else has some insight here? Is it possible that cards would catch on the material like my skin does? I doubt it. My guess is that cards would slide really nicely across the table.

Color
The colors are really cool. Nick sent ten different samples, and they are all pretty distinct visually, even though the same pattern appears on all of them. Most samples are two-tone, the named color and black. On some of these the color makes up the suits and the aisles running between them, with the black just creating negative space around the suits, and on other samples this is flipped, with the symbols and aisles black and the negative space colored. Finally, a subset of the samples contain no black, and instead just use a darker version of the main color to fill the negative space. The Polo Green color takes this to the furthest extreme, with yellow symbols surrounded by green. I actually really dig this one.

Some of these colors are BRIGHT. Really really vivid. Jackpot, Midnight Blue, and Trump Card all really stand out. I'm personally more drawn to the less extreme samples, but I think the bright ones could be great statements in a poker room.

I'll rank the colors below in order of most to least favorite. This is obviously entirely subjective.

1. Charcoal
2. Reverse Platinum
3. Polo Green
4. Persian Blue
5. Reverse Chocolate
6. Platinum
7. Trump Card
8. Jackpot
9. Midnight Blue
10. Bronze

Misc and Suggestion
One thing I noticed is that the samples are directional, meaning that the bottom of all the suits faces the same direction. That means to half of the table, all symbols will be upside down. I'm 90% sure this isn't a problem, and I only noticed because I'm scrutinizing, but still, I noticed. Maybe inverting row by row makes sense?

The back of all the patterns is always the same, and it's actually really cool. It's just a matte black-on-black. It's too rough to the touch (obviously), but the aesthetic is nice. Maybe an offering like this would make sense?

Thanks @Nick@TPS for the samples. I took a look at them all and mixed them up before I realized they were in order. So I'm going to color match to the website here.

This does look like a nice tight weave, and there is a little bit of stretch to it, which is nice for when covering the surface. I have a SSC on my table and these colors pop way more! The surface seems a bit rough, but it might break in and soften over time. Also, not sure, but some scotchguard might take the scratchiness off of it too -that's what I have on my table surface.

My favorite colors at the moment are:
  • Bronze
  • Persian Blue
  • Midnight Blue
  • Jackpot

I need to look at them in more lighting and see how chips look on them, but overall I'm pretty impressed with the colors. I might try to wear one of the samples down to see if it softens up, but I'll definitely consider it for a future refelt.

Did i miss this?
I was the second one on this thread n even pmed...
Sorry I didnt pm you.
I emailed it to you instead, since I had your email.

Your order arrived on your front porch at 2:45 yesterday.
6 hours before you posted yesterday.
Hmm
I will PM you the tracking. Let me know if you find it!

Sorry I didnt pm you.
I emailed it to you instead, since I had your email.

Your order arrived on your front porch at 2:45 yesterday.
6 hours before you posted yesterday.
Hmm
I will PM you the tracking. Let me know if you find it!

I apologize @Nick@TPS . Im in vegas right now so didnt see any package yet but my other half told me it was there. Thank you very much and will post a review once i get home :tup:

I received the felt recently and had a chance to check it out.

First impressions are very good, I love all of the color options and the material is fantastic. If I ever need more speed cloth I'll definitely put in an order for some of this stuff. The weave is fantastic, they feel nice and slick, plus the designs are great.

Thanks for sending this out and I can't wait to be a customer!

There might be a thousand words here, but one picture would be worth more.
20190428_182628.jpg
20190428_182659.jpg
20190428_182719.jpg
20190428_182539.jpg
20190428_182608.jpg

Thanks @Nick@TPS for the samples! My thoughts are basically that it’s a very nice, high quality SSC, but not necessarily anything revolutionary. Two things stood out:

1) The colors are incredible. Much brighter than I remember previous samples. I’m not sure how much my table has dulled over the years, but the new sample really shines. (I don’t feel like my picture accurately tells the story of how much brighter the new sample is, but it’s what I’ve got *shrug*.)

2) The suits seems huge. I’ve always been more of a mini-SSC guy anyway, so maybe they’ve always been this big, but they seemed almost distractingly large.

Feelwise is almost identical, and I’d imagine performance (card slide etc) would be on par as well. Wouldn’t hesitate to use on a new build, especially if there was a mini option added to the roster.

Thanks again Nick!

Thanks again for providing these samples!

note: I’ve seen and played on numerous types of SSC but only had the YAT SSC mini-suit on hand (used in my last table build) to compare these to directly.

Pros:
- significantly brighter colors than any other SSC I can recall
- much closer and sharper stitching than other SSC
- smoother (in comparison to other SSC) surface - I do agree with @Davism72 review of it being slightly scratchy and “catchy” but this is common for SSC and will never be on pair with the other types of felt unfortunately
- suits were proportional however all mini-SSC tends to have some disproportionately so it’s tough to say if this would or not

Cons:
- No true negatives that I could find that aren't the same with all SSC (slightly scratchy/rough) and I was unable to do a true dealer test - how well cards glide - due to size of samples but given the smoother surface than other SSC’s, I’m assuming there’d be more surface contact between the felt and cards and thus less slide. Still SSC though so it’ll like slide better any other felt surface out there.

Overall a great product that I’d order over any other SSC given its available in mini-SSC.

9A20F2A6-3716-4F81-B21B-BD1EB32627E1.jpeg
3B917345-BA8B-4706-8999-97D59DB57DED.jpeg

Last edited:
Mini suited cloth? Can we talk?
We have all of our mini suited currently listed at almost cost ($5 a foot) and it barely moves.

We are currently not pursuing a newer mini suited version... UNLESS yall wanted to pick 1 color and pre-sell 100 feet of that color cloth, we can run it and have it in about 3 months.

We have all of our mini suited currently listed at almost cost ($5 a foot) and it barely moves.

We are currently not pursuing a newer mini suited version... UNLESS yall wanted to pick 1 color and pre-sell 100 feet of that color cloth, we can run it and have it in about 3 months.
I can't speak for everyone but I think if you added a poll to this thread on whether people prefer SSC or mini-SSC, I think mini-SSC would be favored, possibly by a lot.

I can't speak for everyone but I think if you added a poll to this thread on whether people prefer SSC or mini-SSC, I think mini-SSC would be favored, possibly by a lot.

Whatever I have at home I love. I wonder if its the same SSC but appears smaller than the photos above because it has less constrast?

Anyone know which type this is? Looks like YAT no?

msk20-jpg.263029

Wow, that’s crazy to me. Maybe it’s my taste that sucks lol.

Oh, looks like I am too late.

I am from Europe and would be interested in a sample set, too. I would share it as a freebie for shipping costs to other EU members.

Please let me know if interested. Thanks!
Sebastian

ive used your speed cloth for number 4 build in 2017. its the best SSC ive ever used. its been going strong since then and ive now sold it to mate.

In fact i need more ive got 2 more tables to build. its very high quality. the suits actually look like suits. and the definition is incredible.

View attachment 282530

Looks great!
Help the reviewers, please.
What is your experience with how the cards slide and is it easy to work with?

View attachment 282931

Whats cool bout this pic is it’s ez to see that weave is much tighter. I’d imagine that this would help with keeping the SS waterproofed for longer. I’ve heard rumors that SS will eventually lose it’s waterproofing w age.

The suits definitely are wider but at they taller.

The weave is super crisp.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom