Free Craigslist Poker Table (1 Viewer)

ChipEnvy

Full House
Reaction score
So last Friday a table was posted on Craigslist for free, and it came along with this picture.

CLTable_zpsmeo3fakp.jpg

I emailed the guy and he said "come and get it". I was excited for a couple reasons:
First, I am a bit of a bargain whore and the price was within my bankroll - and -
Second, it looked like a decent table.

I was a little concerned with the rise in the rail at the far end and if I was building a table I wouldn't include a racetrack and/or cup holders (which were not included) but beggars can't be choosers, right?

So off I went to pick up the table. I was pleasantly surprised when I got there because the table was in great shape, it looks like it has barely been used. The rail is removable and in perfect condition with no lumps or folds and it lays perfectly on the playing surface. All in all, it appears to be built by someone that knows what they are doing.

f8de9edd11d1eaf5cfb72db4c3bb2aa0_zpsmxzvthw9.jpg

The guy said his Dad bought it for him because he thought his Son was "into poker" but that never really was the case. So when the time came to free up some room in his workshop, he posted it on Criagslist. The guy said he "hoped the table would to go to someone who would enjoy it and hoped their wife would be Ok with it too, because it was free."

So after a quick $45 on Amazon to buy some cup holders, this is what it looks like.

c1ffa6835de8ff3d3e03b81fcb3569e1_zpsb6hdl0sd.jpg

5ef993a8f3512210bfe5b60fef690017_zpsqbmrpc5f.jpg

I'm pretty happy with my $45 poker table. Now to find some Gasser chairs for $5 each... ;)

Killer deal! Not a fan of racetrack tables, but that one looks very nice and solidly built. Hard to argue with free. :)

Excellent score, congrats!

So last Friday a table was posted on Craigslist for free, and it came along with this picture.

CLTable_zpsmeo3fakp.jpg

I was a little concerned with the rise in the rail at the far end and if I was building a table I wouldn't include a racetrack and/or cup holders (which were not included) but beggars can't be choosers, right?

Once you picked it up, did the rail still have the issue with lifting up on one end? Does the rail just rest on the table without being secured? If so and you want to bolt it down, that's a fairly easy fix if you're handy with a drill and driver.

Excellent score, congrats!

Once you picked it up, did the rail still have the issue with lifting up on one end? Does the rail just rest on the table without being secured? If so and you want to bolt it down, that's a fairly easy fix if you're handy with a drill and driver.

No lifting up issue at all. The rail just rests on the table but the guy I think just took the table out of storage and either didn't notice or didn't care that it wasn't flush for the pic.

That's great -- I saw that ad only a few minutes after it came on and I was in a rush or was going to post it up here. So happy someone got it! Nice!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom