Fourthstreet’s Poker Table Build (1 Viewer)

fourthstreet

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Let the table building commence!

First night progress! I find myself walking to the garage for no great reason other than to stare at this masterpiece :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Made an error or two but should be easily fixable. I blame it on the jigsaw! Actually I blame it on myself for not manning up to the use of a router and for attempting to cut through three sheets of plywood to save time. :meh:

Table specs(pending):
• 86” x 44”
• 3/4” raised rail with LED’s(sits an inch behind rail outer edge)
• 6” rail wrapped in black Tuxuede SP
• 1/3” high density foam(open cell)
• Custom felt from Chanman Poker
• Black pvc edge banding base outer edge
• Attachable cupholders to underbody
• USB ports

Custom felt is underway but won’t arrive till closer to the end of February but rail materials will be here tomorrow. So, I can have rail wrapped and on standby for when the felt arrives. Only thing I haven’t figured out yet is table legs. Gorilla Legs appear to be sold out but there’s several options I’ve found just can’t land on one.

C662C56C-92F1-430E-AEC2-482B071B69C6.jpeg

7FF371C1-E098-4A55-BCF8-48A6D7F58D1F.jpeg

BCD6F0B4-43F1-4C46-938F-637C4E302BE0.jpeg

A83BF331-3F43-4073-807B-154281E6A124.jpeg

161C029C-D774-406E-BA1B-31BFB605600B.jpeg

5F79785F-60AB-4201-8C00-BE6CB53BF964.jpeg

Ahhh!! The rail and playing area foam arrived today but the package was missing the Tuxuede
:mad:
! I messaged YAT so we will see what they say Monday. Guess I’ll be holding off on the upholstery for now. But in the meantime I decided 3/4” raised rail wasn’t enough once you factor in the height of the 1/3” playing area foam. So using left over plywood from earlier I was able to add another 3/4” giving it a total of I’d say 1.2” after you factor in the playing area foam. Looks wayyyyy better too!
:wow:

3D0CE3C9-4D49-4D33-ACED-A14404D68A94.jpeg
B5547F82-164D-4278-BF1A-1F6AE1224CCC.jpeg
2A6A3ABA-5136-4542-B151-1474B4E2371D.jpeg

:tup: Ordered up some stick n' peel edgebanding (black pvc) from FastCap for finishing the exterior edge below the rail. Also, ordered 3 pieces of Opaque White Acrylic from TAP Plastics for the inner part of the rail. My design is different from most as I plan to run my LED's along the bottomside of the rail in front of the opaque white acrylic strip. Most I see run a more translucent strip with a LED strip sitting behind the acrylic in return illuminating the strip. Sooooo we shall see how this turns out!! Hopefully as I have envisioned! :nailbite:

Last edited:
Spot on, lovely this. And yes i know exactly what you are going for with the opaque strip. Will diffuse the light nicely giving a more premium feel. Its too harsh when the LEDs are glaringly bright IMO.

Spot on, lovely this. And yes i know exactly what you are going for with the opaque strip. Will diffuse the light nicely giving a more premium feel. Its too harsh when the LEDs are glaringly bright IMO.
Thank ya!!! The opaque strip will hopefully reflect the light coming directly from above it and appear the color of whatever the LED’s are set to. My felt is black so it should absorb a lot of light/color but the space under the rail should be filled with color without interfering with the cards/chips is my goal!!! :confused

Thank ya!!! The opaque strip will hopefully reflect the light coming directly from above it and appear the color of whatever the LED’s are set to. My felt is black so it should absorb a lot of light/color but the space under the rail should be filled with color without interfering with the cards/chips is my goal!!! :confused
Oh i see, thats a really good idea, not seen it done that way before. Will be interesting to see how it turns out for sure.

Delayed af. The Tuxuede never showed, what a fiasco that was. Good news is Tony recommended Unisuede as a superior alternative so that’s now on its way. Then, after all that the acrylic strips from TAP Plastics were stolen right from the package before delivery soooo now we wait. In the meantime some edge banding for ya!

AAAE8298-6341-4341-8653-A2148ED96DCF.jpeg
90C3D809-CD2A-4520-A938-7D29B76F30B9.jpeg
1A291924-DBAF-451E-AC15-8BD18CD9BFE2.jpeg
E095D328-4F38-4615-B71C-AF7C662A882F.jpeg

looking good, never thought about the peel n stick i basically just used expansion foam. Great idea!!!! can't wait to see more

Last edited:
peel and stick omg what a invention....my you are all to young but i remember having to iron on veneers and the smell of the iron with hot glue...definitely lost brain cells

Looking good so far! (btw, i think the thread title may need adjusting?)

One of my great friends who is a very talented mechanical engineer volunteered to build these legs for me! I’m going to owe him a couple cases! I’m very lucky!

FC8C084B-EDB0-4584-ABC5-62BD3FEB2D37.jpeg
E6E8E3BE-9F71-47B6-AA6F-C223EDE5616C.jpeg

Last edited:
Brilliant :tup: i have made these same design legs for someone before in 40mm box section. Table wont budge now, adds a good 10kg to its weight atleast haha
I think he said the box section is 3” which should look nice!! It’s going nowherrrreeee. I almost don’t want to finish the build because it’s been more fun than expected!

Delayed af. The Tuxuede never showed, what a fiasco that was. Good news is Tony recommended Unisuede as a superior alternative so that’s now on its way. Then, after all that the acrylic strips from TAP Plastics were stolen right from the package before delivery soooo now we wait. In the meantime some edge banding for ya!

View attachment 640973View attachment 640974View attachment 640975View attachment 640976
I did the same thing.
Word of caution.
I did same thing on mine and when I cranked the bolts down attaching the rail the plywood compressed enough the veneer bulked a little,
1614181982243.png

I did the same thing.
Word of caution.
I did same thing on mine and when I cranked the bolts down attaching the rail the plywood compressed enough the veneer bulked a little,
View attachment 642780

I was worried that would happen!! The edge banding is 2” wide and the side of the rail is 2.25” so I placed it to where the banding has an eight of an inch room from top/bottom edge so I’m hoping that will eliminate the possibility of that happening!! We will see.

I was worried that would happen!! The edge banding is 2” wide and the side of the rail is 2.25” so I placed it to where the banding has an eight of an inch room from top/bottom edge so I’m hoping that will eliminate the possibility of that happening!! We will see.
I'm going to put nails around mine this weekend and then it will be done and will post some pics.
Trying to figure out a good way to make a template to get spacing correct.

Attachments

• Nail Heads.jpg
    Nail Heads.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 125

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom