Fourthstreet’s Poker Table Build (4 Viewers)

I'm going to put nails around mine this weekend and then it will be done and will post some pics.
Trying to figure out a good way to make a template to get spacing correct.

String line the circumference and divide it up then put the distance marks on a piece of wood and use that as a guide for your centres, just mark it up first before nailing as ive seen it go wrong due to cumulative error at the last nail

I'm going to put nails around mine this weekend and then it will be done and will post some pics.
Trying to figure out a good way to make a template to get spacing correct.
I’m doing a pvc stick n peel on that edge w/o any nails. I’ll end up spacing them incorrectly if I do it lol!! Template much needed. You could figure out a way to calculate your overall length of the permitted of the table then divide by how many nails you have.

You could figure out a way to calculate your overall length of the permitted of the table then divide by how many nails you have.
That's too much work IMHO
Start with #1 and proceed around the table spacing them however you want.
When you get down to the last 2-3, space them evenly in the remaining space. It won't be significant enough for anyone to know.

That's too much work IMHO
Start with #1 and proceed around the table spacing them however you want.
When you get down to the last 2-3, space them evenly in the remaining space. It won't be significant enough for anyone to know.
If I was doing the finishing nails this is probably how I’d end up doing it. And that’s how I decided not to do it all together lol. The pvc black banding should look good enough.

If I was doing the finishing nails this is probably how I’d end up doing it. And that’s how I decided not to do it all together lol. The pvc black banding should look good enough.
honest its real easy if you needed to do it, if your friend is an engineer he can keep you on the right track. I am myself thats the reason i know

honest its real easy if you needed to do it, if your friend is an engineer he can keep you on the right track. I am myself thats the reason i know
plus if you have the edge strip already cut to length then you actually know what your working with, just divide it up into equal amounts of whatever spacing you would like

I’m sitting with my back against the wall exhausted and tired... I decided to wrap the rail in the foam first and I feel like I won. At least this round! We will see what happens this weekend when the Unisuede arrives.

The electric knife just glides right through the foam making a clean cut! Made trimming quick and easy.

The outer edges appear to have a few minor bulges but I think I’ll be able to work them out when I wrap it.

A8B37919-DC3A-4CA7-B15C-D12B8AB31676.jpeg
004428FA-E825-4C79-B5B1-03AF2D7241BC.jpeg
31A70A0B-1A7A-41AE-85C0-407C08935649.jpeg
DD36857B-B638-45CB-A8EF-684910AD4250.jpeg
8BAA3D50-E939-4657-A65D-28F07540EA43.jpeg
4E73577F-B778-4C6E-B58D-230FB5C85F2F.jpeg
68E79FB2-E0A9-440C-BF91-FAF9F241D244.jpeg

Envious that you can get full sheets of foam in the states.
In Australia, we can’t get them. They’re only 2m long.

What is it like to stretch over the rail?
Not too difficult! I ran into one very minor crease that I was able to workout 95% of it. And it’s mostly under the rail anyways so it won’t be noticeable.

It has very little stretch which I like and it’s very strong. I feel vinyl has too much stretch which allows more room for error IMO. The Unisuede has a “stopping point” let’s say to where the vinyl can be stretched further so it’s easier to have areas tighter than others. If that makes sense??? lol

I’d definitely wrap my next rail with the Unisuede no questions asked!!!

What is it like to stretch over the rail
Not too difficult! I ran into one very minor crease that I was able to workout 95% of it. And it’s mostly under the rail anyways so it won’t be noticeable.

It has very little stretch which I like and it’s very strong. I feel vinyl has too much stretch which allows more room for error IMO. The Unisuede has a “stopping point” let’s say to where the vinyl can be stretched further so it’s easier to have areas tighter than others. If that makes sense??? lol

I’d definitely wrap my next rail with the Unisuede no questions asked!!!
Yeah i get what you are trying to say, vinyl can be a little funny also depending on manufacturer. Im taking notes here as i will build my own for next year i think if the games go well, for now i will make do with my table topper and i am looking at a 120cm round 8 man table with the fold out legs as the "loosers" table for now :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Cant wait to see this finished

Rail looks great!
Hurry up and finish it!
LOL
It’s been a process mainly because of shipping times and material availability. I’m only waiting on two items, the custom felt and legs. Should have both by next week! We are rounding 3rd!! Thanks for following the build!

Looking good. Mind if I ask a few questions?
1. What foam did you use to wrap the rail and where did you get it?
2. How did you hold the foam in place, looks glued?
3. Where did you buy the unisuede?
4. How wide is the armrest wood and finished width?
Can’t wait to see the finished product!

Looking good. Mind if I ask a few questions?
1. What foam did you use to wrap the rail and where did you get it?
2. How did you hold the foam in place, looks glued?
3. Where did you buy the unisuede?
4. How wide is the armrest wood and finished width?
Can’t wait to see the finished product!
1. 65lb from YAT (your auto trim)
2. 3M 77 spray adhesive - spray it on, wait about 30-60 seconds for it to tack up then press foam against your surface.
3. Unisuede is from YAT.
4. The width of the armrest prior to foam/suede was 6”. After, it reached close to 7.5” wide.

Glad to help! Thank you!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom