Fournier -or- Fournier Imported for: Congress (1 Viewer)

Meathooke

Straight
Reaction score
So, please forgive my ignorance, but... Are these actually the same cards, or not???
71tRKXTWQUL._SL1500_.jpg IMG_2404.JPG
I feel like I have read (somewhere around here) that these are not the same cards.... However, I couldn't seem to find anyone actually explaining what the difference(s) may or may not be. Can anyone clarify for me, please? :confused

My experience with The Fournier Congress has been very bad, and I am a HUGE fan of all the other Fournier cards. I've played with those Congress at my games (probably about 4 or 5 set ups) and in probably 5 or 6 meet-ups, plus a few games at friends house. All Congress set ups became bowed within a few orbits, without exception. I had never experienced that with my other Fourniers.

So not sure if the cards are the same or not. To me, they did not perform remotely similarly.

That's been my experience and I have shared this with a few other folk. Some people still swear by them. So there.

Hmm.... Still a bit perplexed....
Yeah, I know there seem to be many who swear by Fournier. Which was my main reason for asking about a possible difference..
Unfortunately, I have only ever used the Congress version, and only a couple of times, as they're not my first choice. I definitely don't dislike them, but I certainly don't love them. No issue with bowing (yet) but these just seem a bit "slick" for my taste. While the last thing I need is yet another set up, it seems that I may just need to pick up a "regular" set up and see for myself.

Thanks for the replies thus far guys!

FWIW I swear by the WSOP Fournier and they seem to have a little more texture? Could totally be in my mind though.

Same cards IMO but others claim that they are different. I have both Congress branded and Fournier 2826 branded setups and I can't tell any difference except for the price as the Congress cards are a better bargain. Never seen the bowing problem but most all of my Congress cards came from one eBay seller over the years so it could be some difference in production runs, but like I said and have discussed before, I've never seen the bowing problem. You will find that opinions vary on the subject.

Same cards. Little stiff. Good for shuffle. On ly complaint was that they are easy to mark by pushing nail.

I bough a 6 setup box a year or two ago on eBay have only opened 3 of the setups. They are a bit slippery when they are just opened, but after a few obits they are fine. I haven’t had any issues with cards getting marked easily, but my players aren’t to rough on them.

I like them a lot, especially for the price I paid, I think about $78 for the case. If I had to pay $17+ per setup I’d probably pass. There are a lot of very good cards in the $10/setup range.

I’ve had no issue with warping at all, unlike Kem’s that I’ve owned in the past that warp after 1 use.

3B3DD74E-CDF8-4F4F-83C5-854B37D9DE7B.jpeg
DBBFAFBC-711C-49C2-A5ED-DD886D642F4F.jpeg
D5FCEBD5-D4A0-4F2F-9A77-035EFA1982AF.jpeg

I bough a 6 setup box a year or two ago on eBay have only opened 3 of the setups. They are a bit slippery when they are just opened, but after a few obits they are fine. I haven’t had any issues with cards getting marked easily, but my players aren’t to rough on them.

I like them a lot, especially for the price I paid, I think about $78 for the case. If I had to pay $17+ per setup I’d probably pass. There are a lot of very good cards in the $10/setup range.

I’ve had no issue with warping at all, unlike Kem’s that I’ve owned in the past that warp after 1 use.

View attachment 290993View attachment 290994View attachment 290995
Few years ago the where on eBay for a good price. Bought ten and resaled them to pokerroom. They loved it, only complaint was the nail thing. By the way we have the same table cloth. I my self dont like Fournier. I mean cards material is fine, just dont like design.

So, please forgive my ignorance, but... Are these actually the same cards, or not???
View attachment 290931 View attachment 290933
I feel like I have read (somewhere around here) that these are not the same cards.... However, I couldn't seem to find anyone actually explaining what the difference(s) may or may not be. Can anyone clarify for me, please? :confused
Paging the card guru @Milo013

As noted, same same. Only difference is the "Congress" packaging. Any "differences" are purely in your head.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom