Four Suits and Majestics (1 Viewer)

dirty moose

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Been working with Steve (p5woody) for a Four Suits design for me. Love that darn logo!

This one on the right side is in the lead.

what do you guys think?

p.s. Steve is awesome, he's made every change I've asked him for!

Let me also add, I was going for something rather simple. And I'm going have labels printed. Not sure if I'm going high quality or low quality yet.

I really like the gray gradient and hollow red denom. The font used for "matt's" isn't my favorite and shouldn't be used for "poker". The little clubs might be deleted too. Sometimes less is more.

I will ask help to delete the suits and see what that looks like, what font would you have in mind?

I'm complete novice to this, any help is cool

I really like the gray gradient and hollow red denom. The font used for "matt's" isn't my favorite and shouldn't be used for "poker". The little clubs might be deleted too. Sometimes less is more.

That was my initial thought as well - the subtleties on the font and the little club icons are going to be too small to be useful when they're printed life size. One step of your design process should always be printing out a copy at the correct size (even black & white is OK) and looking at bent-arm's length. Designing a label at 400% is great but it will look VERY different at 100%.

matt.png

This would be my personal pick, with no ring-of-clubs. Font chosen for "Matt's" is okay, but I think it could be better.

I will ask help to delete the suits and see what that looks like, what font would you have in mind?

I'm complete novice to this, any help is cool

Sometimes you have to just look at a ton of different fonts with your text.

I would definitely drop the ring-of-clubs and/or ring-of-diamonds -- they are too small, and too busy.

I would also choose a solid font for the denomination.

I don't mind the "MATT'S" font but there is some subtle thing on there (barbed wire wrapped around the strokes?) which is just going to be lost when printed. Go with the plainer version used on "POKER ROOM" if anything.

....or better still, do what Toaster said, and look at lots and lots of fonts. A good way to do that is to go to myfonts.com and put in your own sample text. Then you can "scroll down" for hours and see your sample text in a thousand different ways.

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming! I need all the help I can get lol

Do you guys like "Matt's" OR "Matt's Poker Room" better?

I like it but agree that the font isn't the best IMO. The four suits logo to me looks Modern and Classy. I'd try to find a font that fits.

Maybe even something like this. A bit bolder and sharper.

image.jpg

Worked on a set of labels for the first time recently and agree with others that the lesser the better. Went to the extreme then printed it out and realized it was too much and looked crowded when looking at it actual size.

And I worked with Steve(p5woody) too and have to agree that he is great to work with.

Middle one for sure. But I'm still not a fan of the font used for "matt''s"
Easily the hardest part of the design. Here's a tough question for you seasoned chips vets; when do you stop trying different fonts and just pull the trigger?

I guess it all depends what he's going for. If that's what he wants go for it. :) I don't have any suggestions

Don't care for the font. Don't care for the suited background either. Pick a simple classy font. Give it a solid drop shadow and you should be set.

We made the "MATT'S" Miller and went a little fancier in the font. Might change the domination font too and call it a day. Thoughts?

Nothing wrong with taking a step back and not looking at things for a few days/weeks. It's better not to force something to work just for the sake of making it work. I'd recommend that you don't settle on something that you are not a thousand percent thrilled with.

I told Steve last night, the Wynn Las Vegas chips are my favorite chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom