Four Seasons Custom CPC Set (1 Viewer)

LinkyBabe

Flush
Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing another custom CPC set... this time a small cash set. This theme was something I was working on just over four years ago but I ended up scrapping it in favour of my PoCo After Dark set. I haven't settled on an inlay design or name but the theme relates to living on the west coast and experiencing all four seasons of the year (sometimes all on the same day). The denominations will be 25c (spring), $1 (summer), $5 (fall) and $20 (winter).

There is lots of greenery here and Vancouver is also well known for its Cherry Blossom trees, so I'm leaning towards a green quarter but open to a pink one also. I'm pretty much settled on the summer (DG Peacock) and winter (Bright White) chips and I've narrowed the fall chip to a few shades. Not sure how I feel about shaped inlays but I'm open to them. I'm also leaning towards different inlays on each side so that one side is specific to the season and the other a little more generic. Here are a few mockups:

f722fe70-f9cf-4abb-a250-ae9c95e2bbec.png

5851fa1c-7931-4a0b-b285-f1395c328a75.png

75828b5d-7e32-4075-9308-ee34a6d18a40.png

Just looking for thoughts on which spring and fall chip go best with the summer and winter chips. Also looking for ideas on a theme name.

Last edited:
I 'd prefer pinkish / fuchsia notes for springtime to green ones.
I' d keep green, either light or dark, for summer; although your sunshine over the blue of the ocean is very nice too, in representing summer.
For autumn, my preference goes to dark red / darkish orange hues.
For winter, I think you 've nailed it.

I 've made a THC relabel set in honour of my village, also conveying the 4 seasons concept (not in the natural order) plus the black of stone roofs and scorpions.
Horseshoe_4110.jpg

I 'd love to make a custom hot-stamped CPC tourney set too, but it had to be postponed due to destitution and misery issues:D
Take a look and don't hesitate to adopt anything you might like
:)

nn_hps_set1b.jpgnn_hps_set1c.jpg

I did a similar theme. Started with the 4 seasons and added on a sun rise and full moon chip as well as some alternative season chips. Secondary $1 not pictured. It is a fun theme that has a lot of possibilities.
View attachment 623119
Yes, I remember seeing your design thread right around the time I received my PoCo After Dark set. I scrapped my seasons theme because the CPC colour samples I received were quite dull, including the DG colours. When I saw how bright the DG colours came out in my set, and others including yours, I knew I wanted to revisit this theme eventually.

I'm keeping mine a little more generic and my spot progression also resembles that... the 4D14 quarter almost looks like a flower blooming; the summer chip is blue skies and the sun's rays; the fall chip has brown, orange and yellow leaves; and the winter chip is a snowflake.

After looking at my colour samples I'm definitely feeling a green base more for the quarter. I also prefer unweighted base colours to minimize the brass flakes. Thoughts on which row is more appealing?

73df284e-c69f-4600-9703-697e50a21a68.png

11cdf88c-bd72-45f7-bf40-3ddf03b66f85.png

After looking at my colour samples I'm definitely feeling a green base more for the quarter. I also prefer unweighted base colours to minimize the brass flakes. Thoughts on which row is more appealing?

View attachment 624682
View attachment 624683
Love the theme. Top row for me. And it's not close.

The only thing I'd consider is changing up the edge spots on the $20. Just too similar to the $1 for my liking. I'd probably just go with standard round inlays, but that's personal preference.

Bottom row. Spots feel most like the cherry blossom to me that you mentioned, and the dark green makes the pink pop more than the bright green. Also love the choice on the dark orange for fall as that was my favorite option as well

Can’t decide between first and second row, but one of those by a mile

After mulling things over I think I've narrowed it down to:

867ed2f2-c1e0-49a5-9497-73a5c1205093.png

I wanted to like the retro green base but it just made the first 3 chips feel a little on the dark side too much. I also like the 4d14 spot pattern for the spring chip but the above conveys cherry blossoms better. I'm still going back and forth between DG orange and an orange base for the fall chip. Orange doesn't really show the flakes so I'd be okay with it. I've reached out to J5 and his initial reaction was that he loved the spot choices and colours so that got me pretty stoked.

After mulling things over I think I've narrowed it down to:

View attachment 633104

I wanted to like the retro green base but it just made the first 3 chips feel a little on the dark side too much. I also like the 4d14 spot pattern for the spring chip but the above conveys cherry blossoms better. I'm still going back and forth between DG orange and an orange base for the fall chip. Orange doesn't really show the flakes so I'd be okay with it. I've reached out to J5 and his initial reaction was that he loved the spot choices and colours so that got me pretty stoked.
For what it’s worth, I think you made the right choice with the chip designs and colours. Looking forward to seeing the end result!

Orange is a lovely fall color. Plus, it avoids the (not horrible) 13¢ DG base color surcharge.

I personally enjoy the german flag, I just wanna point out that you have it on your autumn chips. ;)

I like the idea and execution, can't wait to see them done and ready to play!

Orange is a lovely fall color. Plus, it avoids the (not horrible) 13¢ DG base color surcharge.

Lol... have you seen my spot levels, shaped inlays and bright white base chip? The DG surcharge is the least of my worries. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

personally enjoy the german flag, I just wanna point out that you have it on your autumn chips.

Close but not quite... I thought Germans were more precise? ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom